Alo2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacman wants Valero next.

it should be marquez just to prove who is the better fighter. if he pushes with valero, it would still be ok because it would also be an entertaining match.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #33
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden
Guzman is hell too slow for Pacman ...
go to youtube and look at guzman working with the pads. its blazing fast. he is definately faster than Pac. not better though, at least hasnt proved it yet.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #34
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Pac is avoiding the JMM fight it seems. What happen to the pac who took on all challenges? If pac really wanted to fight JMM he could have made the fight happen. I dont want to believe pac is scared but that appears to be the case.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #35
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 759

Seems like JMM's outpricing himself again to avoid Pac.
retriever is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #36
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

JMM and the winner of Guzman-Soto, then Pac retires as one of the greatest 126-130 lbs ever.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #37
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
r.i.p velero

really velero isnt as bad as people think he hits hard even if his record over exagerates the fact but he can punch and does ahave some skills...it isnt that much of a one sided fight.

but paq wins and velero gets some credabilty.
I agree! Valero is no joke. He's still green in the sense that he's only faught 2 fighters that were quality opponents. PAC has an entire laundry list.

But I do think PAC wins this one by late round KO and it will be a great WAR. Both stocks will rise!
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #38
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Well, JMM is a challenge also. Let's see Pac get eaten alive by Guzman in the near future.
Guzman will be quite a meal for PAC. Maybe a bit difficult to swallow but ultimately PAC shits on Guzman in one form or anther.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #39
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Vakero is ok by me....he is still the lesser of the belt holders at 130 though admittedly. We all know this. I haven't read the whole thread, but why him and not the Guzmam/Soto winner?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #40
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
Mayweather at 130 had 3x as much power as Guzman does.

Pac's not ducking Guzman. I don't get why the Guzman huggers don't get this. It's not a money fight. Guzman isn't a name, and there are three other guys who are bigger names who are equally big threats. If Guzman beats Soto, maybe he'll see his name improve, but in the meantime he's unknown and unproven.
But Valero isn't one of them. He can't fight Valero and say "Guzman isn't a money fight."

Either way, I am happy with a Valero fight....I just think there are better out there. Kinda like I am happy with PBF-Hatton, though there are better fights to be made IMO.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #41
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Actually Pacmans avoiding Guzman, Guzman would get a career high payday and would take the fight in a miniute. He called Pacman out but Pacman didnt reply. Now Guzman is fighting Sotto and has already beat Barrios for the WBO belt. He was also proven and ducked at 122 and 126.

Guzmans got a very difficult style for Pacman to fight, skills, speed, footwork, defense, good power. He looks a bit like Mayweather with power

JMM maybe avoiding the fight, we need to hear his side of the story before passing judgement
It's not PAC avoiding Joan...it's Joan has nothing to bring to the table. Belts aren't a concern for PAC b/c he has the respect of the boxing world by his preformance, Dominance and level of opposition. We all know he's the real deal.

PAC makes fights that make financial cents and that fans want to see. Some fans.....hardcore boxing fans know Joan is a good fighter with a slick and crafty style and know it would be a decent fight for PAC....BUT NO ONE ELSE knows who Joan is and don't care to make the fight.

When Joan...IF...Joan gets past Soto it will set him up to be in position to really make a statement and to call out PAC...and at that Time PAC will be more willing to listen. Right now Joan offers nothing but a WBO belt which in today's boxing almost any good fighter can grab.

Last edited by dmt; 07-28-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #42
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02
Pac is avoiding the JMM fight it seems. What happen to the pac who took on all challenges? If pac really wanted to fight JMM he could have made the fight happen. I dont want to believe pac is scared but that appears to be the case.
LOL...JMM is doing what he has always done since his first meeting with PAC....AVOID HIM! He doesn't want to get back in the ring with PAC b/c he knows the outcome. PAC isn't pricing himself out of the fight...JMM is. He's asking for MORE $$ than PAC would receive! That's just saying (Without saying) that he doesn't want to do a rematch. I don't balme him either.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #43
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
I would be happy if he gave Valero a chance but why isn't he gunning for a rematch with marquez or the winner of Soto?

Why valero?
He tried for JMM but you can't make a man fight if he just doesn't want to. In boxing when you price yourself out of a fight its as good as saying you are either scared, you really don't want the fight or you know your worth and fighting for what you deserve. The later is not the case for JMM.....he's asking for MORE than what PAC would Make! That's just ridiculous!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #44
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Pacman/Valero = Hagler/Hearns

I hope it goes down.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #45
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

He should fight Valero first, he has a belt that PAC needs right now, and i think this is feasible to negotiate since the others have their own fights to finish. And its not even sure if the prospective opponents will get a win. Its better to set up a fight with someone with a belt than to try and negotiate for a fight not knowing if it will be a championship bout.
boxbox is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum