Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #16
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 3930
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
Oh yes, right up there with..... the IBF
Hey, at least the IBF had the sense to recognize Aaron Pryor, Larry Holmes, and Marvin Hagler as its initial champions. The WBB recognized...Jose Flores.

And, thankfully, the WBB no longer exists as an entity.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #17
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101
Hey, at least the IBF had the sense to recognize Aaron Pryor, Larry Holmes, and Marvin Hagler as its initial champions. The WBB recognized...Jose Flores.

And, thankfully, the WBB no longer exists as an entity.
'Honest' Bob tried his best to bring down the IBF as well
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
That was the match I was trying to think of, I believe it was the final one (June 1997)

Now when was the last 20 rounder?
The last scheduled 20 rounder was Joe Louis against Abe Simon on March 21, 1941. Simon was stopped in 13.
C. M. Clay II is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #19
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. M. Clay II
The last scheduled 20 rounder was Joe Louis against Abe Simon on March 21, 1941. Simon was stopped in 13.
That was the last one in a Heavyeight Championship match. Duodenum has been found one from 1954.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #20
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Grand Tour
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

I know that Holyfield - Qawi I was the last great 15 rounder in history.
Rattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #21
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
I know that Holyfield - Qawi I was the last great 15 rounder in history.
Paez/GroveI was up there and couple years later.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #22
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
I think the last scheduled 15 round fights were around 1987, or there abouts. Does anyone know for sure which bout was officially thee last and final 15 rounder? Who was it between?
The last 15 round fight was on August 29th, 1988. It was contested when Samut Sitnarupon defended his IBF mini-flyweight title against Hwang In-Kyo in Manilla. This bout took place 25 days after Paez successfully defended his IBF featherweight title against Grove, also a sheduled 15 rounder which went the distance.

Without question the last scheduled 15 round fight by any of the major organisations. WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #23
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
The last 15 round fight was on August 29th, 1988. It was contested when Samut Sitnarupon defended his IBF mini-flyweight title against Hwang In-Kyo in Manilla. This bout took place 25 days after Paez successfully defended his IBF featherweight title against Grove, also a sheduled 15 rounder which went the distance.

Without question the last scheduled 15 round fight by any of the major organisations. WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO.
A 15 round WBB match was on the line some nine years later, sure not WBA, C, O or IBF, but, just elephant crap, rather than horse, dog, cat or tiger crap.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #24
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What fight was the last 15 rounder in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
A 15 round WBB match was on the line some nine years later, sure not WBA, C, O or IBF, but, just elephant crap, rather than horse, dog, cat or tiger crap.
Hmmmm....I think I'll have alphabet soup for lunch today.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013