Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #16
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather "Is technically flawed"

He does make some technical mistakes, but much fewer than average. There are very few technically near-perfect fighters in history - Joe Louis, Hopkins etc. Mayweather isn't in that bracket yet.
itrymariti is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #17
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

i'd love 6 guys in my gym with the exact same flaws please,mayweather is one of the all time great imo how can anyone knock him unbeleivable!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #18
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retribution View Post
I personally believe that Floyd Mayweather is technically flawed. Thats why i get pissed off, when i see people saying...

"Oh i admire Floyd Mayweather, he can do things no other fighter has done before"

Tony Bellow said this on another thread.

I'm not going to be up Tony Bellow's ass, but comments like that. Make me think, he knows **** all about boxing.

Someone brought up in another thread: That Floyd Mayweather will dominate Sugar Shane Mosley, off his single performance against Mayorga.

Mayorga is a big and awkard fighter, who has two big wins over a very talanted and excellent boxer in Vernon Forrest...!

Sugar Shane Mosley was throwing bombs throughtout the fight against Mayorga, it was a scrappy fight.

It was not a boxing match, it was more like a brawl..!!!

And what happened in the end..? Shane Mosley got to em, and Shane Mosley...knocked him the **** out..!!!!

Look at Mayweathers last fight, JMM was a sitting ****ing duck...Floyd Mayweather had the mobility and speed/skill over JMM.

But still Floyd Mayweather did "NOT" put his punches together.

Whens the last time Floyd Mayweather threw a combination anyone...?

Against Ricky Hatton, it was all this single shot nonsense, and the odd 1, 2,3.

Floyd Mayweather is just not a natural fighter/fluid puncher in my opinion.

Mayweather will have to put his punches together against Shane Mosley.

Single Shots.......will only anger Shane Mosley.

Floyd Mayweather has never been a fluid puncher, but Shane Mosley has..!!!! when i say fluid puncher.........here's a example.

If Shane Mosley misses his first punch, he's not assed..! he's coming back with the right hand........if he misses the right hand, he will whack you to the body and then tie you up..!!!

When Floyd Mayweather misses one of his single "Pot Shots" he goes back into his defence and thinks about.....what he is going to do next.

"BOOM"

"There's the technical flaw", and thats the type of behaviour that will get him "Beat the **** up" against Sugar Shane Mosley.

I don't think Floyd Mayweather can fight for 180sec of each round.

No..
Tony Bellew has more knowledge about boxing than what you will ever have mate.Sorry you really need a reality check.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #19
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Tony Bellew has more knowledge about boxing than what you will ever have mate.Sorry you really need a reality check.

x 2 what a bell end
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #20
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Shane Mosley is a drugs cheat and shouldn't be fighting for a world title
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #21
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

neither should manny then until he is prepared to give samples.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #22
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
neither should manny then until he is prepared to give samples.
Jesus. This is probably not the thread to go back over old ground but what the heck.
Whilst I think Manny should've taken the tests, why should he take them at the behest of Floyd when no other fighters in the States are subject to such scrutiny legally?
Doping tests should be common practice, and I don't see why one particular fighter should be held accountable and everbody else given a pass.
You can't compare Pac and Mosley.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #23
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retribution View Post
I personally believe that Floyd Mayweather is technically flawed. Thats why i get pissed off, when i see people saying...

"Oh i admire Floyd Mayweather, he can do things no other fighter has done before"

Tony Bellow said this on another thread.

I'm not going to be up Tony Bellow's ass, but comments like that. Make me think, he knows **** all about boxing.

Someone brought up in another thread: That Floyd Mayweather will dominate Sugar Shane Mosley, off his single performance against Mayorga.

Mayorga is a big and awkard fighter, who has two big wins over a very talanted and excellent boxer in Vernon Forrest...!

Sugar Shane Mosley was throwing bombs throughtout the fight against Mayorga, it was a scrappy fight.

It was not a boxing match, it was more like a brawl..!!!

And what happened in the end..? Shane Mosley got to em, and Shane Mosley...knocked him the **** out..!!!!

Look at Mayweathers last fight, JMM was a sitting ****ing duck...Floyd Mayweather had the mobility and speed/skill over JMM.

But still Floyd Mayweather did "NOT" put his punches together.

Whens the last time Floyd Mayweather threw a combination anyone...?

Against Ricky Hatton, it was all this single shot nonsense, and the odd 1, 2,3.

Floyd Mayweather is just not a natural fighter/fluid puncher in my opinion.

Mayweather will have to put his punches together against Shane Mosley.

Single Shots.......will only anger Shane Mosley.

Floyd Mayweather has never been a fluid puncher, but Shane Mosley has..!!!! when i say fluid puncher.........here's a example.

If Shane Mosley misses his first punch, he's not assed..! he's coming back with the right hand........if he misses the right hand, he will whack you to the body and then tie you up..!!!

When Floyd Mayweather misses one of his single "Pot Shots" he goes back into his defence and thinks about.....what he is going to do next.

"BOOM"

"There's the technical flaw", and thats the type of behaviour that will get him "Beat the **** up" against Sugar Shane Mosley.

I don't think Floyd Mayweather can fight for 180sec of each round.

No..
he may not be as super duper as people make out,but he is kinda good,and would walk rings around,even prob knock you out audley,cos you are techically flawed mate,big time
widdy is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #24
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

> He's not a fluid puncher

The is just dumb.

> When he misses is "single pit shot" he goes straight back into his defence and thinks about what he's going to do next.

yeh, becuase he is a smart boxer.

> He never really follows up on his missed pot shots.

becuase a defensive fighter would not do that.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #25
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
Jesus. This is probably not the thread to go back over old ground but what the heck.
Whilst I think Manny should've taken the tests, why should he take them at the behest of Floyd when no other fighters in the States are subject to such scrutiny legally?
Doping tests should be common practice, and I don't see why one particular fighter should be held accountable and everbody else given a pass.
You can't compare Pac and Mosley.
I didn't make the comment with the intention of raking up old discussions, but my point is if you get asked to do a breath sample by the fuzz, and you ain't had a drink, no problem guv, let's do it. That is my view with manny. I don't personally think there would have been an issue with manny, but still, why not do it.

And as regard floyd being technically flawed. i think there is a bit of a blurred line between people thinking that, and him not being aesthetically pleasing to some people. Just because he doesn't win the fights in the way some people think he should, does not make him technically flawed, just clever imo.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #26
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
I didn't make the comment with the intention of raking up old discussions, but my point is if you get asked to do a breath sample by the fuzz, and you ain't had a drink, no problem guv, let's do it. That is my view with manny.
The 'fuzz' didn't ask Manny to take a test. Nor did any appropriate anti-doping bodies. Floyd did. Big difference. If you were stopped in the street by a grocer or Dave from Greggs and asked to take a breath test I doubt you'd oblige.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #27
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

Technically flawed? are you having a laugh?

He's one of the best technical fighters out there, also a fighter who turns his hand over properly when throwing punches as well.

Not a fluid puncher? take a look at when he fought at 130 and put combinations together. As he's gone up in weight he feels that he's more effective pot shotting, and who's to argue? Nobodys proved otherwise as of yet.
Furey is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #28
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
The 'fuzz' didn't ask Manny to take a test. Nor did any appropriate anti-doping bodies. Floyd did. Big difference. If you were stopped in the street by a grocer or Dave from Greggs and asked to take a breath test I doubt you'd oblige.
i know mate, and floyd was out of order for asking him to do it, but since he did, and manny wouldn't do it, clearly it was going to raise some questions about manny, and his ability to move up in wieght, and carry power, and endurance etc. Myabe the fuzz was the wrong example to use.
I don't know too much about the shane situation.
All i am saying with manny is if someone wants to smear your character by saying you ain't clean because you wont do the test, and you are in fact clean, then do the test if you have nothing to hide.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #29
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
His shoulder roll is disgusting. His footwork is brilliant, his handspeed is insane. He can work inside and outside, he can pick counter shots on the backfoot as well as he can pick lead shots on the front foot.

He is a ****ing genius. I think he wins an easy UD against Mosley and I rate Mosley highly and would love him to win.
The major issue with PBF is that he is arrogant and complacent at times. He has often not got the fire to produce his best and seems to think he has some god given right to win.
Nonsense. Mayweather who struggled mightily with Oscar?

Floyd has the following flaws:

- struggles with the jab or any left handed punch
- struggles with anyone throwing combinations at him
- low output
- takes up to four rounds to adjust sometimes
- struggles when an opponent is quick
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #30
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Nonsense. Mayweather who struggled mightily with Oscar?

Floyd has the following flaws:

- struggles with the jab or any left handed punch
- struggles with anyone throwing combinations at him
- low output
- takes up to four rounds to adjust sometimes
- struggles when an opponent is quick
what's the problem with taking rounds to adjust to an opponent. Some fighter DONT adjust at all during a fight, so the fact it only takes him 4 rounds sometimes is testement to his boxing brain and ability.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum