BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

No, he is the worlds best mma fighter and they wouldn't let him fight combat sambo in russia yet they let other fighter's compete in abu dabi combact submission championships, so he said no. He is happy to saty in russia and probably isn't bothered about the usa, he has plenty of money and is a national hero in russia, why should he bow down to the ufc.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
No, he is the worlds best mma fighter and they wouldn't let him fight combat sambo in russia yet they let other fighter's compete in abu dabi combact submission championships, so he said no. He is happy to saty in russia and probably isn't bothered about the usa, he has plenty of money and is a national hero in russia, why should he bow down to the ufc.
+1

Yes sweat pea, im sure he's ducking UFC . The reason is because?? OH right there isn't. He's duckin UFC just like HBO is ducking UFC.

Last edited by dmt; 07-28-2006 at 08:40 PM.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
+1

Yes sweat pea, im sure he's ducking UFC . The reason is because?? OH right there isn't. He's duckin UFC just like HBO is ducking UFC.
Now, I know Sweat Pea is a raging gay homo***ual, but I think he might be right about this one.

Don't let his love for dudes blind you.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
Now, I know Sweat Pea is a raging gay homo***ual, but I think he might be right about this one.

Don't let his love for dudes blind you.
Give me a ****ing reason. A logical reason he is ducking UFC? It makes NO sense what so ever.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

Saying Fedor is ducking the UFC is like saying Couture retired because he's ducking Big Nog.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

He is going to fight in an org with a lesser leavel of competition. He may not be "duckin " the UFC but he's not going to fight the best.Which is what a true champ like Couture wanted to do.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #8
demzor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1363

Ofcourse he is.
He was offered HUGE money to sign with the ufc... and he chose a lesser deal to fight a bunch of cans.
demzor is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Well, a long string of injuries followed by his opponents for his last 4 fights has had the question of Fedor ducking people on peoples mind for a while, personally I don't think its out of outright fear of losing or competition.

Lots of people were claiming he was ducking crocop before the fight, as it got delayed and rescheduled a couple times before going off, but the injury to fedors hand seemed legit.

On the other hand, Zulu, Coleman, Hunt, and Lindland are not exactly a murders row, they are not even wothwhile for a HW champion, not at all. Hunt is the only one with any sort of claim to a top 10 HW but I would not place him there then and wouldn't even consider it now, Hunt's been somewhat exposed now and had not proven anything then.

So, I don't think Fedor is afraid or unwilling to fight anybody, but he also clearly does not care at all about fighting the best; he will fight whoever is put infront of him, be they the #1 contender or a sideshow. I also highly doubt Combat Sambo was the resean for not signing, it was just his wackjob promoter who demanded he basically be given a UFC Russia branch.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

I kind of agree, a true champ and warrior would want to fight the best. If they were that close to a contract don't you think they could have worked something out, but noooooo I'm going to go and fight in M1 and fight some people who are not even rated...........**** Fedor!!!
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think so rc would have beat him anyways imo
gutto is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Listen, Dana White said that signing is inevitable ETC etc. If its anyones fault its UFC's. They had verbal agreement and UFC sent a contract with different terms than agreed upon. IT WOULD have been signed by now if the contract upheld the given word.
Fedor doesn't give a **** about UFC. Its UFC who needs Fedor and not Fedor who needs UFC. He can fight ANYWHERE and make tons of money while still promoting sports in Russia.
Yes, believe it or not being able to fight in Russia and promote the sport in Russia IS important to him. You don't understand it, and i don't expect you to, because it's already popular in US and its billion dollar business here.

Yea, sure RC would've beaten him... w/e makes you sleep better at night. All it is, is lame argument based on nothing. I can say Fedor would have beaten RC all day long and back it up with his perfect record, while when u say RC would have beaten Fedor you'll back it up by win over Gonzaga and Sylvia. GL with that. Forget it, it will go down in history as a match that could have been. And Fedor will always win in this dream match up because there's no edge to grab on to in Fedor's fights or record.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

whatever, Fedor hasn't beaten anybody in a while and it's looks like he's not going to either. He is not a true champ in my book, A real Champ like Couture wanted to fight the best, Fedor on the other hand well....... we know he had other reason's.........thumbs down for Fedor

Last edited by kirk; 07-29-2006 at 04:58 AM.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
whatever, Fedor hasn't beaten anybody in a while and it's looks like he's not going to either. He is not a true champ in my book, A real Champ like Couture wanted to fight the best, Fedor on the other hand well....... we know he had other reason's.........thumbs down for Fedor
Get outa here. Couture is rich, he has other career taking off, he doesn't care enough about MMA to fight ANYONE else but Fedor. He proved everything to himself that he needed.
Fedor on the other hand has long career ahead of him and he needs a good contract to worry about that would suit HIM. And his needs been made pretty much public. He wanted to promote sports in Russia, simple as that.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Get outa here. Couture is rich, he has other career taking off, he doesn't care enough about MMA to fight ANYONE else but Fedor. He proved everything to himself that he needed.
Fedor on the other hand has long career ahead of him and he needs a good contract to worry about that would suit HIM. And his needs been made pretty much public. He wanted to promote sports in Russia, simple as that.
By fighting bums isn't going to help it any. He can fight in the UFC and it might help promot eit bigger because he would be more of a star if he made noise in the states. How do you promote an org with nobody else to fight. He refuses to fight the best.Bottom line.
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum