Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #46
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge
Great argument, you've definitely proved your point, dipshit!

Tell me this...who will Fedor be fighting in his shitty little club?
Have you read any of my argument?
The fact that there's no one in m1 right now has nothing to with it. Do i really have to teach you to read son?
There's no proof that Fedor is ducking UFC, and the fact that theres no one great in m1 has absolutely nothing to do with it. The worst case scenerio, which it probably is, is that Fedor's and UFC management sucks... the guy's name Finkelstein... cmon.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #47
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Digging Opie's Grave
Posts: 427
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Have you read any of my argument?
The fact that there's no one in m1 right now has nothing to with it. Do i really have to teach you to read son?
There's no proof that Fedor is ducking UFC, and the fact that theres no one great in m1 has absolutely nothing to do with it. The worst case scenerio, which it probably is, is that Fedor's and UFC management sucks... the guy's name Finkelstein... cmon.
So..you're saying since UFC has all the talent and he's not with them that there won't be a single soul out there in M1 that will be competitve? Cool! We get to see him fight a bunch of no-namers in a no-name organization! This will be exciting!

With all of the other mainstream organizations offering huge money and willing to make exceptions to fight in Sambo competitions (which was what he wanted), he chose a measly company with a bunch of no-namers owned by his manager. What a legend!

They were willing to meet his demands and he chose the high-road...I say that is ducking. Yes, he may have got even more money signing with his managers shitty little company, but true champions don't fight for money but reputation. Obviously he wasn't thinking about the latter.

Last edited by concrete sledge; 10-12-2007 at 01:46 PM.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #48
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 484
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

No, he went where his terms are right. Why should he go to UFC, to not be allowed to do his sambo and get less money, to satisfy the nuthuggers. Bullshit
Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #49
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Digging Opie's Grave
Posts: 427
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
No, he went where his terms are right. Why should he go to UFC, to not be allowed to do his sambo and get less money, to satisfy the nuthuggers. Bullshit
They were going to allow him to do sambo and he'd get still be paid MILLIONS. True champions don't think entirely about money, anyway. His reputation will be tarnished fighting a bunch of chumps in a no-name club.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #50
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Not ducking but avoiding. MMA defines Fedor, not Sambo or Russia. His legacy as the best to ever do it lay in UFC. He needed ONE bout. Unify the title and beat Couture, then he can leave forever and do what he wants. However Fedor clearly is a man of pride, passion, honour, blah blah blah SO he can't just give up his Sambo or betray his country.

In Cuban boxing/boxers you see shades of what Fedor is going through.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #51
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Not ducking but avoiding. MMA defines Fedor, not Sambo or Russia. His legacy as the best to ever do it lay in UFC. He needed ONE bout. Unify the title and beat Couture, then he can leave forever and do what he wants. However Fedor clearly is a man of pride, passion, honour, blah blah blah SO he can't just give up his Sambo or betray his country.

In Cuban boxing/boxers you see shades of what Fedor is going through.
I'm not precisely sure it's SAMBO that stoped UFC from giving proper contract. It was obvious Finkle wanted to cash in on Fedor good and he looked at offers on the table. I bet you Fedor doesn't even know what exactly is going on in his contract except the fact that he wants to participate in SAMBO and promote the sport in Russia. Finkle probably made an ultimatum about HIS interests and Fedor's legacy is whats screwed. Oh well, he's not old and I don't need to see him beat Couture to rate him #1 just like i didnt 9 months ago.

Bad thing is, i hope he doesn't get used to fightin cans or he will relax in training or something.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #52
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

I do think Fedor had serious problems with the terms of his contract that made him not sign, in those regards he is ducking.
But I do not think he is ducking any fighter or scared of anyone.

I can't say I'm not dissapointed by his decision because I am. Even though I'm a fan of his I am sad because I would have hoped he would have wanted to go where the competition was and fight the best of the best, thats what a true champion does. It puts it in perspective when you then look at Couture who didn't shy away from anyone and came back from retirement at age 43 to fight again.

It doesn't put Fedor in the best of light.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #53
Mike W
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chinatown, Toronto, Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

I think that Fedor would probably lose to Tim Sylvia if he fought him now
Mike W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #54
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

This hate towards Fedor is laughable. Ever think that maybe MMA is Fedors SECOND love? Maybe he just kicks the crap out of MMA fighters on the side, while his real passion is Sambo.. Ever figure that?

Thing is, MMA could be just a thing he does on the side for cash, and isn't really passionate about it.. Can't fault him fot it..
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #55
Minotauro
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

No he not that is ridiculous to think he afraid to fight Randy or anyone else look who he has fought, everyone. He looks like he's in it for the money now and since he can get more money elsewhere that is where he is going it's a real shame as it looks like he doesn't care about adding to his legacy just his bank account.
Minotauro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #56
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1g5a22
maybe he simply does not want to fight for dana white or in US
Nah , He's getting $10mill in M1. As simple as that.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #57
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W
I think that Fedor would probably lose to Tim Sylvia if he fought him now
Are you lost ? maybe you should go back on sherdog.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #58
INFIGHT
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 44
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge
They were going to allow him to do sambo and he'd get still be paid MILLIONS. True champions don't think entirely about money, anyway. His reputation will be tarnished fighting a bunch of chumps in a no-name club.
Source?
INFIGHT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM   #59
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
He is scared of getting his ass beaten all over the ring by Randy.

SERIOUSLY, WHY THE **** WOULD HE NOT SIGN???? Stop defending him, there is no ****ing reason for any of this.
Care to reconsider this statement?

If he was scared, then why would he go out of his way to demand in his contract that M-1 offer the current UFC Champ, whomever that may be, $1 million more than what the UFC offers????
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #60
demzor
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 566
vCash: 1363
Default Re: Is Fedor Ducking the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
Care to reconsider this statement?

If he was scared, then why would he go out of his way to demand in his contract that M-1 offer the current UFC Champ, whomever that may be, $1 million more than what the UFC offers????
Because there is zero chance the UFC would do that?
They have nothing to gain. M-1 is simply trying to ride the UFC's coattails.
demzor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013