Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default How refreshing is it in boxing......

To have a fighter like Miguel Cotto who is actually prepared to make the tough fights happen. He never looks for an easy option, never stuffs around over money, and is very confident in his own abilities. Goes to show for all the people who make excuses for guys like Calzaghe and Mayweather, that if they really did want to make these fights happen they would. Fighting guys like Brussels and Manfredo is really inexcusable. On the same note Ricky Hatton deserves a lot of credit for the same reasons. He was with a bad promoter who wasn't making the fights happen, so he demanded it and took things into his own hands. A bold move that has paid off for him.
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How refreshing is it in boxing......

You love your boy don't ya Roy!!!

Hehe, j/k. Very true and hopefully a few of the other names start following the example...
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
You love your boy don't ya Roy!!!

Hehe, j/k. Very true and hopefully a few of the other names start following the example...
hahaha you caught me. But seriously just hearing the fights he is discussing is great. So good to finally have a champion who makes the fights happen, not like JC who just talks about making them happen but never does.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandon
I am going to go out on a limb and say you are not a Mayweather fan.
If thats your backwards way of interpreting my post then so be it. I actually am a Mayweather fan, I just think that sometimes he lets his massive ego get in the way of making good fights happen. What I was pointing out is that it is great for the sport to have guys like Cotto and hatton who want to make these big fights, just like Oscar and Shane did in their prime. I can't spell it out for you any more then that.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Cotto is a beast, I love the guy. I am glad he was able to take Judah's best and then deliver a massive beatdown.

The WW division is likely his.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Man, one day, we'll be able to make a comment about Mayweather with out one of his pubes getting into a flailing tizzy about it. One day.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I dunno, Cotto's opposition hasn't exactly been LEAPS AND BOUNDS over Mayweathers. He has been pretty protected until fairly recently. It's not like Cotto has ACTUALLY FOUGHT Mosley, or Hatton, or Margarito...

Not to discredit him, I'm just saying, let's not all start sucking his dick because he fought a guy that Mayweather already beat a year ago.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cut and dry Floyd Mayweather is an asshole, he is very hard to admire, he has found a way to insult many great fighter past and present and his fights leave alot to be desired, I am not even a fan so who is the pube. But one thing I can and will do is to look on both sides of the coin, and Cotto has not accomplished half of what PBF, RJJ, ODH, Trindad, Mosley, Hopkins etc have accomplished so go to hell.
Very good post.

What I do admire about Cotto more than his level of comp is that he is a quite dude, who destroys whoever is in front of him, and then thanks the viewers and gets ready to destroy someone else.
acb is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I like Cotto personally. Honestly though, who has he fought? I will go out on a limb and say Hatton to date has had a better career.
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 AM   #10
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thanks for explaining it to such and inferior mind such as myself. Not to insult your intelligence master but have you ever thought that Floyd is coming off of a victory which was the biggest fight in boxing history. Also before that he fought the WW lineal champion in Baldomir and before that he fought Judah and destroyed him which just so happens to be the fighter who you give Cotto so much credit for beating, how can Floyd fight 3 fights in a row like that but yet you give all the credit to Cotto. I know I am dumb when it comes to someone brilliant like you but if you were a Mayweather fan you would have not beat around the bush like you did, I think you said it to give your Cotto comment more credibility.
hahahaha.... I love crazy Mayweather nuthuggers. Gatti and Baldomir were crap opposition for the no1 p4p guy in the world. Likwise Mitchell and Brusseles. If you don't think so pull your head out of your arse. Cotto is still coming up in the sport and has taken on top opopnents, testing himself more with each bout. He has now expressed interest in fighting the top guys. I was making a positive post, but of course an idiot would have to come on and turn it around to sound negative.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #11
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
I like Cotto personally. Honestly though, who has he fought? I will go out on a limb and say Hatton to date has had a better career.
Hatton has fought better, but Cotto is younger and still climbing the ranks. At this stage of his career Hattons competition was absolutely crap in comparison. that said, I clearly gave him credit for getting away from ****** and trying to make a name for himself.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
I dunno, Cotto's opposition hasn't exactly been LEAPS AND BOUNDS over Mayweathers. He has been pretty protected until fairly recently. It's not like Cotto has ACTUALLY FOUGHT Mosley, or Hatton, or Margarito...

Not to discredit him, I'm just saying, let's not all start sucking his dick because he fought a guy that Mayweather already beat a year ago.
Guys are you taking into account what point in their respective careers they are at???? FFS!!!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 AM   #13
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
hahahaha.... I love crazy Mayweather nuthuggers. Gatti and Baldomir were crap opposition for the no1 p4p guy in the world. Likwise Mitchell and Brusseles. If you don't think so pull your head out of your arse. Cotto is still coming up in the sport and has taken on top opopnents, testing himself more with each bout. He has now expressed interest in fighting the top guys. I was making a positive post, but of course an idiot would have to come on and turn it around to sound negative.
Your original post definitely had jabs at Mayweather and Calzhage, so don't go running for the high ground.

Anyways, you say that it is refreshing that Cotto is TALKING about fighting the best in the sport while others are fighting Baldo and Manfredo. First off, talking about fighting and actually fighting are two very different things. I think Miguel Cotto is a very good boxer and I love to watch him fight, but Floyd has fought the better opposition up until this point. I wouldn't bet a dollar on ANY of Cotto's opponents against the DLH that showed up against Floyd (faded or not.)

This thread was meant as a positive for Cotto at the EXPENSE of other popular fighters here.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #14
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I feel you on the stages of their careers. Hatton will need to get busy and soon to go down as a great one.
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #15
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd fought Manfreddy and Corley and other good B level opposition earlier in his career. I don't see a huge difference.

It's really just coming off strong as a way to discredit other fighters and claim your boy is taking on the best of the best, that he is farther along in his career than the others were at the same stage.

You know who else was really far along in his career at this stage? Fernando Vargas.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum