Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #16
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine to fight in December?

Well I did reply to this but for some reason it has not come up.
So just incase any one even cares I spoke to mundine recently and he says the eye is still a bit blurry and will be ready to go in about 6months.
So the Dec thing is not going to happen as far as I know.
percy davo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #17
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wow, I didn't see this fight coming (don't think Mundine did either). I heard it's hard to fight with one eye; you can't judge distances and you no longer have steroscopic vision. If they sanction this fight there will be many pirates i know who'll be looking to be given a fair go in the boxing world.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza Dawg
Wow, I didn't see this fight coming (don't think Mundine did either). I heard it's hard to fight with one eye; you can't judge distances and you no longer have steroscopic vision. If they sanction this fight there will be many pirates i know who'll be looking to be given a fair go in the boxing world.

Funny cunt as always.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #19
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What does everyone make of this? Hot off the press. Mundine's eyeing big things as of late (no pun intended) considering his recent scare.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #20
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Im not the greatest expert on staph eye infections, but does it attack the cornea or the retina.

If its the cornea (keratitis) you can get transplants/implant - maybe choc is booked in for one of those...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #21
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Fox sports have took that story hook line and stinker
ashley is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #22
jahobe
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
Fox sports have took that story hook line and stinker

so whats the story, is he seriously going to fight again does anyone know the real news?
jahobe is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #23
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

he is seriously wanting to fight again just how soon not sure but as I said I did talk to him recently at a football knockout in Lismore(where he did play) and he told me personaly that it will be around six months before he will fight so I was very suprised to see him on the news the other night stating that he would like to fight before the year is out.
percy davo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Mundine mouthing off in front of a camera?

Thats unheard of.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #25
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
Mundine mouthing off in front of a camera?

Thats unheard of.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 AM   #26
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'd say Mundine thinks he might be done on the world stage, he indicates he wants Green for a rematch only to make 5 million again. Truth is he's 32yrs old doesn't want to get hurt and retire in Oz on a high by beating Green again (obviously the sporting public don't know he didn't quite make it on the world stage, only posters like us do).

He is (indirectly) pretending to offer Green a rematch now hoping he pulls off a win over Tarver for the IBO LHW title.

If Mundine was king of the world at SMW and fighting the big names in the states, do people honestly think he wld offer Green a rematch?? of course not.
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #27
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anthony Mundine spoke in Thursdays Daily Telegraph about a possible rematch with arch-rival Danny Green, which he said would take place in Perth sometime during 2008 at the light heavyweight limit of 175 pounds.

I remember the build up to the 2006 Anthony Mundine vs. Danny Green bout. At the time I was operating an Anthony Mundine website, and experiencing the hype with a flood of emails coming through was a great experience for a sporting and boxing fan. There were years of trash talking between the two and their fans, and once the fight was signed it was exaggerated even more, even to the stage of having a double header to hype the much anticipated clash.

The 2006 bout was staged with amazing hype and atmosphere, in what was for boxing a huge arena at the Sydney Football Stadium. Around 30,000 fans attended and Pay-Per-View sales went through the roof as the bout was aired across the nation and throughout the world. Green entered the ring as a slight favourite with the bookies and a huge favourite with the public- as they love to hate Mundine. In the end Mundine gave Danny Green a boxing lesson in a 12 round unanimous decision victory, and at the same time humbled a nation.

Despite the one sidedness of the first bout there is still a lot of value in a return bout. Here are some points to consider:

1) Danny Green struggled to make the 168 pound super middleweight limit despite fighting there his whole professional career. Since the Mundine fight Green has fought at light heavyweight, and seems much stronger and subsequently a far more effective fighter. Mundine is only average size for a super middleweight; would he find Green just too strong at 175lbs?

2) Mundine has had serious problems with his lead left eye after complications with eye surgery and contact lenses. It was thought at one stage that Mundine may not be able to fight again. Mundine is now back in training and said his recovery is now coming along well. How much will the eye issue effect Mundine in future fights?

3) Fight would be in Perth where Green will have huge support.

4) Due to the eye injury and an earlier foot injury Mundine has been extremely inactive. He will have only fought four bouts in 2006 and 2007 combine. Will this inactivity affect his chances against Green in a rematch?

5) Even though Green is 34 and Mundine 32 will Mundine age overnight? Mundine has been in top level competitive sport since 1993! Mundine relies heavily on speed and reaction time, and as his neural system slows down with age will this affect him, especially against Greens hard punches.

Danny Green will be fight Roy Jones Jr. conqueror Antonio Tarver on December 1 for the IBO light heavyweight title. If Green wins this it would provide Mundine with further inspiration for a Green rematch as it would give him the opportunity to become a three-time boxing world champion to add to his 3 rugby league grand finals and one premiership.

When I spoke to Danny Green earlier in the year at a exhibition boxing card that I was fighting in, he said that no matter what happens between him and Mundine the main thing is that the fans enjoy the fights and the drama that goes along with it, and in my opinion that is exactly how it is.

Mundine vs. Green II, bring it on!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #28
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mundine has really realed in his goals as a result of this injury by the sounds. I mean really he would be better of getting a fight against Sakio Bika the contender victor. Seriously Sakio has a claim to being the best SM in the country on his recent achievements. Or a third instalement of Sam Soliman maybe. Ricky Thornerry perhaps. I guess Danny Green v Mundine will attract a crowd in Perth, but really, the last time was so lop sided that there is zero to be gained from this fight. Dissappointing.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 AM   #29
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

green really does grind you hey 'peels. classic.must kill you every time you hear his name.lol.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 AM   #30
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I bet Mundine is praying for a Green victory against Tarver but that won't happen.

Mundine VS Green at LHW will be another big pay day even if Green gets smashed against Tarver and if Green happens to beat Tarver then Green VS Mundine 2 will be huge.

I think Mundine will have this year off.
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum