Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #46
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Maccarinelli v Sellers announced!

I was more winding you up, but enzo hasn't fought good comp, and ding would have been a good fight, not 90 year old sellars, at least haye isn't with wank ******.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #47
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Max, I'm not talking about Ding. There are at least 25 better names in the Cruiserweight division that would have been available to fight this fight that have more credabilty than Sellers. Ding is just one of them. I happen to think that Macca would beat Ding 7 times out of 10 - they've had months and months to make a decent fight happen.

Enzo needs to come out publicly and say he's disappointed in the choice of opponent if he's to convince me.

Last edited by Liston3; 07-30-2006 at 11:42 PM.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #48
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Braithewaite was a shot fighter by the time Enzo got to him. Trust me. ****** wouldn't have let Wayne anywhere near Enzo if this wasn't the case. The promoters know these things. It's a win over a name fighter but it means nothing.

The Bobby Gunn fight was bad but this is just ridiculous. Ezra Sellers is 39 years old, washed up, and basically 1 fight removed from a 3 year layoff. The WBO should strip this guy Enzo on principle (not that they have any). I hope some tough SOB works his way up to being Enzo's mandatory so we can see him backed in the corner.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #49
dwilson

vCash:

****** is making Enzo look a compleat joke. I like Enzo and rate him highly enough that he would beat all the top guys at his weight apart from maybe Haye but ****** is making him look a total fool.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #50
David Tua
Future Heavyweight Champ
ESB Jr Member

What a joke of an opponent!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His chin can be compared to Audleys
He is nearly 40
This will end up exactly the same as the Bobby Gunn Fight - 1st Round KO

Im not even convinced Sellers will make the weight - he was 210lb for his last fight and througout his career has been over 200 on a few occasions
David Tua is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #51
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

The new Enzo route - ex champs who have oen bogus win after long lay offs.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #52
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Look out for a bogus Carl Thompson win prior to facing Enzo next!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Well Enzo is a joke too. ****** is a known cunt, but Enzo is happy to hype up a guy who has not fought for 3 years and is well past it, so **** him too.
The Gunn fight should have been enough to have Enzo pissed off, but no he is a bullshitter like Frank.

If Ding ever manages to force Enzo into the ring I hope the yank sparks him.
You may get your wish when Sellers lands on the button. If this fossil can spoil Enzo`s coming out party boy wont that be a laugh. It was bad enough when he fought Billy Gunn some unknown fighter from the club circuit but i really fail to see how ****** can sell this. Its just his normal piffle. He protects his cash cows and his investments nothing out of the ordinary there.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
It's crazy to even compare Enzo to Audley.

Even Khan at least got up when Limond hit him with a temple and not a chin shot. Khan won his commonwealth title too when he stepped up unlike Audley.

Enzo would beat Bell and Mormeck and Is genuine, don't be deceived by Franks handpicking style.
Max are you serious?!?!?!?! Bell would flatten Enzo thats real. His the hardest puncher in that division which has been attested to by many of his opponents. Bell has mixed in a much higher class.Enzo has world class power but thats where it ends. Even Haye would starch him inside of 5.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #55
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Max are you serious?!?!?!?! Bell would flatten Enzo thats real. His the hardest puncher in that division which has been attested to by many of his opponents. Bell has mixed in a much higher class.Enzo has world class power but thats where it ends. Even Haye would starch him inside of 5.
Yes I am serious.

Bell was lucky when he mixed with higher class. He was losing In those fights until he landed a good enough punch.

Enzo's skill Is better.

I think Haye would win but not as easy as It could of been a few months back.

If Dale Brown could beat Bell than so would Enzo.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #56
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is a ****ing embarassment for boxing. Sellers is a semi-retired 40 year old with no chin and no right to be getting a title shot. Luckily however, he has a bit of class and big power. With any luck Sellers has enough left to starch Enzo and that'd serve Frank ****** right for choosing these fighters.

When's he gonna learn! If you get beat by a good fighter its often better than beating a shit one!!! Being undeeated is not the be all and end all in boxing, thats why I respect Haye. I can see Haye losing a few fights at heavyweight, but I dont think that diminishes him one bit, coz at least he gave us value for money.
Words is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #57
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Not defending Sellers as an oppponent but didn't Braithwaite have two years of Inactivity and came back with a journeymen win too? How was that any different and credible for Enzo?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #58
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

well your right, the Braithwaite win gets more credbility than it deserves. He was practically retired, well past his best, basically an journeyman but with some name recognition at that stage in his career. But Ezra Sellers is even older, even more shot, even more retired and wasnt as good as Braithwaite was anyway. They're both pretty poor opponents for someone masquerading as a "world" champion.

These are just the type of bums that Johnny Nelson made a career fighting, instead of him going on to fight Vasily jirov or Juan Carlos gomez. And just like Johnny Enzo may well retire without every having faced the top man in his division, just happy to have made plenty of money and not take any risks.
Words is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #59
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Hate this because Enzo's the real deal and Calzaghe has Improved him. Plus If Haye doesn't beat Mormeck because of the weight, then I don't doubt Enzo would spark Mormeck out.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #60
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Not defending Sellers as an oppponent but didn't Braithwaite have two years of Inactivity and came back with a journeymen win too? How was that any different and credible for Enzo?
yes he did, that was a handpicked opponent too. Macarineii is an egg-chinned joke.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum