Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default I think ya'll are getting too worked up

Honestly I think it sucks too. But this MMA forum used to be a nice place to read and discuss the fighters and organizations without the mindless and ridiculous accusations and bitch-bashing that goes on in the General Forum. I do it in the General Forum because, frankly, its fun to do it in there But I am seeing alot of it going on here, from posters who are usually very adverse to it.

The two that have really dug me the wrong way are:

1. All the Pride fighters are getting exposed, and
2. Fedor is ducking the UFC

First I'm gonna put #1 into perspective:
It's stupid and illogical. Simple as that. You all say "this is MMA, with so many opposing styles, there is bound to be upsets", but then you all claim someone is "exposed" when they get upset. ALL the pride fighters are getting exposed right? Like Shogun? Well how can Shogun be "exposed" when he holds a completely dominating victory over Rampage. Rampage is the current Champion. The only, only explanation that would make any sense is that if Rampage was the only fighter over in Pride NOT doing steroids, and therefor is able to perform well in the UFC while the others can't. Does anyone really believe that? Noguiera? Well Noguiera fought a former Pride Heavy and thats it. Hendo? He fought a former Pride fighter also. Crocop? His decline is obvious, and it is a DECLINE and NOT AN EXPOSURE. Herring losing to Jake O'brien? Who gives a shit? That was a bad style matchup and O'brien didn't beat him up, just controlled him on the ground. What about Anderson Silva ****ing destroying Franklin? Liddel lost to Jardine, does that mean the current UFC fighters are being EXPOSED by the new Reality TV stars? You see how ****ing stupid all this shit is? Couture is the current/now former UFC HEAVYWEIGHT Champ. He got starched twice by Liddel, who got starched twice by Jackson (Pride), who got starched twice by Silva(Pride), who got starched by Crocop (Pride), who got handled by FEDOR (Pride). ALL OF THOSE MENTIONED FIGHTERS HAVE PROVEN THEIR WORTH, ABILITY AND SKILL. NONE OF THEM CAN BE 'EXPOSED'....they can simply either decline or just lose, It Happens!

Now on to #2:

After reading all the above, this might seem a little more silly. Fedor knows all of that. He is not suddenly scared of the UFC because Nogueira had a bad showing against Herring and Crocop has had two dissapointing losses. Nobody knows what happened in the negotiations, period. Nobody knows what Fedor really wants. What we do know is that he has beaten almost every top fighter Pride had to offer, and that earlier this year even the possibility of Couture beating him was a joke, a ludacris suggestion. Now Couture beats Sylvia and Gonzaga and he is favored over Fedor and the #1 Heavy??? Well Sylvia was bashed and hated on as being the worst ****ing champ ever.....shouldn't any decent top ranked heavy be able to beat him then? Gonzaga beat Crocop, Crocop has recently been labeled as mentally shot, unmotivated, not nearly what he was....why should beating him legitamize anyone as a top heavyweight, and looking at Gonzaga's previous fights and his performance against couture, he clearly wasn't what he was hyped as after the Crocop victory. Honestly, Fedor hasn't really beaten anyone that impressive lately, but neither has anyone else, especially Couture I say just give it some timee and let the situation iron out. Maybe Fedor and Couture both know something we dont, and Couture might follow him over.

Peace out
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550
Default Re: I think ya'll are getting too worked up

I totally agree. It gets me riled up too and i can't control it. It really is turning into bashing and instead of intelligent discussions that we usually have. People don't follow any logic with their bashing and I've become naive enough to care what people say on this board. I'm glad there are still few people who you can talk to in intelligible manner.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

I'm a sherdog OG, I can't help it.
Blacc Jesus is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Jesus
Sherdog! I read some of the threads on there and want to bash my head into the keyboard.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
Sherdog! I read some of the threads on there and want to bash my head into the keyboard.
Its because 90% of people on that board are fatasses and kids who haven't got a clue.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's a shithole, to say the least.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Honestly I think it sucks too. But this MMA forum used to be a nice place to read and discuss the fighters and organizations without the mindless and ridiculous accusations and bitch-bashing that goes on in the General Forum. I do it in the General Forum because, frankly, its fun to do it in there But I am seeing alot of it going on here, from posters who are usually very adverse to it.

The two that have really dug me the wrong way are:

1. All the Pride fighters are getting exposed, and
2. Fedor is ducking the UFC

First I'm gonna put #1 into perspective:
It's stupid and illogical. Simple as that. You all say "this is MMA, with so many opposing styles, there is bound to be upsets", but then you all claim someone is "exposed" when they get upset. ALL the pride fighters are getting exposed right? Like Shogun? Well how can Shogun be "exposed" when he holds a completely dominating victory over Rampage. Rampage is the current Champion. The only, only explanation that would make any sense is that if Rampage was the only fighter over in Pride NOT doing steroids, and therefor is able to perform well in the UFC while the others can't. Does anyone really believe that? Noguiera? Well Noguiera fought a former Pride Heavy and thats it. Hendo? He fought a former Pride fighter also. Crocop? His decline is obvious, and it is a DECLINE and NOT AN EXPOSURE. Herring losing to Jake O'brien? Who gives a shit? That was a bad style matchup and O'brien didn't beat him up, just controlled him on the ground. What about Anderson Silva ****ing destroying Franklin? Liddel lost to Jardine, does that mean the current UFC fighters are being EXPOSED by the new Reality TV stars? You see how ****ing stupid all this shit is? Couture is the current/now former UFC HEAVYWEIGHT Champ. He got starched twice by Liddel, who got starched twice by Jackson (Pride), who got starched twice by Silva(Pride), who got starched by Crocop (Pride), who got handled by FEDOR (Pride). ALL OF THOSE MENTIONED FIGHTERS HAVE PROVEN THEIR WORTH, ABILITY AND SKILL. NONE OF THEM CAN BE 'EXPOSED'....they can simply either decline or just lose, It Happens!

Now on to #2:

After reading all the above, this might seem a little more silly. Fedor knows all of that. He is not suddenly scared of the UFC because Nogueira had a bad showing against Herring and Crocop has had two dissapointing losses. Nobody knows what happened in the negotiations, period. Nobody knows what Fedor really wants. What we do know is that he has beaten almost every top fighter Pride had to offer, and that earlier this year even the possibility of Couture beating him was a joke, a ludacris suggestion. Now Couture beats Sylvia and Gonzaga and he is favored over Fedor and the #1 Heavy??? Well Sylvia was bashed and hated on as being the worst ****ing champ ever.....shouldn't any decent top ranked heavy be able to beat him then? Gonzaga beat Crocop, Crocop has recently been labeled as mentally shot, unmotivated, not nearly what he was....why should beating him legitamize anyone as a top heavyweight, and looking at Gonzaga's previous fights and his performance against couture, he clearly wasn't what he was hyped as after the Crocop victory. Honestly, Fedor hasn't really beaten anyone that impressive lately, but neither has anyone else, especially Couture I say just give it some timee and let the situation iron out. Maybe Fedor and Couture both know something we dont, and Couture might follow him over.

Peace out
Luda? He aint got nothing to do with this!

Anyway what you wrote is on point and what iv been saying for ages. Thanks your lucky stars this isnt Sherdog.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Jesus
Referring to the shitty promotion or the shitty website?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #9
Blacc Jesus
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
Referring to the shitty promotion or the shitty website?
Both?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #10
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:

according to Sherdog the competition in Japan is weak
what a sorry ass site that Shitdog is
chimba is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #11
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Fedor knew Couture wanted to fight him, it would have been one of the biggest MMA fights ever. Instead he;s going to fight lesser competition. could you blame people for being mad! Couture wabted to fight the best and Fedor wanted the grocery isle. How do you expect people not to be mad. Fedor is not a true ambassador of the sport. He doesn't want to fight anybody of note it seems. He's not a real champ ...... I don't care what ever you nut huggers say.

Last edited by JETSKI; 07-31-2006 at 12:17 PM.
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum