Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #46
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The 'Let's all laugh at Froch' thread

I'm sorry, but was Froch KOed brutally? Was he taken to school? Was he "exposed as a fraud"?

He lost a close but clear decision to a top fighter in a very exciting fight. So why should we laugh at him? Because he said he was the best SMW in the world and he isn't? Come on!
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #47
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Artist View Post
wow, i could say something more but it would likely lead to me getting banned again
say it please
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #48
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman1989 View Post
styles makes fight cmes to mind

but calzghe was on a platter for carl to critisize

carl is limited but he gives his all even though he has easier routes , how ironic
Yeah, but there are also levels in boxing. Calzaghe was always a few ahead of froch, it seemed the only people that thought otherwise were haters of Calzaghe really...
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #49
SplitDecision

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeejack View Post

How much of a cunt does he look like after this? After all the bullshit he's been spouting?
You wouln't have the bollocks to step into the ring with Kessler, let alone do what Froch did tonight.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #50
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
The thing is guys...people would be doing this in reverse if Froch won. There would be more people on Calzaghe's back, Froch and fans would be the one talking shit instead of Calzaghe fans. This is what forums and boxing is like, you have to eat the crow sometimes and not just dish it out.

The timing is poor though, should have waited until tomorrow at least because it was such a good fight and that should be respected.
kessler looked like shit tonight, a few years ago he was sharp,potent and had great accuracy, this version we saw tonight was around 70% and declining carl froch has shouted his mouth about calzaghe,criticised him when given a platform to speak on, and was very big headed going into the fight froch is a very arrogant individual yet ppl dismiss his arrogant nature as warrior talk its rather pathetic. Calzaghe was past his peak when he fought kessler yet he made kessler look like nothing in 2007
faisal is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dece Bal View Post
I'm sorry, but was Froch KOed brutally? Was he taken to school? Was he "exposed as a fraud"?

He lost a close but clear decision to a top fighter in a very exciting fight. So why should we laugh at him? Because he said he was the best SMW in the world and he isn't? Come on!
He brought this shit on himself.

I always look to support the Brits but there's only so much bullshit you can take from someone before they come across as a complete twat. Who knows, this defeat may do Carl Froch some good and restore some humility in himself and not resort to making cheap shots against Calzaghe? Maybe then he'll get some more support from the likes of myself and others.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #52
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

JC's skillset has always been superior to Froch clearly the more complete fighter, kinda gotta give props to Carl for reaching the upper echelon of fighters with the limited assets at his disposal. Unlike the thread title suggests the guys no joke and he still belongs at the world level, proven not just tonight but these last 18months or so. Just unlucky for him that the U.K produced an all round better SMW in his era. I guess its cool to hate on JC, but his handspeed, adaptabilty during fights his workrate was something to behold, if he were American he'd be HOF shoe in
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #53
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

when he comes back to the UK he needs to go on grenarda report and make a formal appology statement to joe calzaghe,
faisal is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #54
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He brought this shit on himself.

I always look to support the Brits but there's only so much bullshit you can take from someone before they come across as a complete twat. Who knows, this defeat may do Carl Froch some good and restore some humility in himself and not resort to making cheap shots against Calzaghe? Maybe then he'll get some more support from the likes of myself and others.
I will never support him, but I will never laugh at him either - the guy demands respect for his actions in the ring. What he says outside the ring matters much less - boxing is a business; he needs to sell himself and he needs to project huge confidence to be successful. It's just the way he motivates himself.

I think he deserves stick for saying Kessler won a hometown decision, particularly given the circumstances surrounding his win against Dirrell.

Is he a bit of a twat? Yeah.

Was he/is he delusional for thinking he was the best SMW, that no one could beat him and that he'd have beaten Calzaghe etc? Yeah! But he didn't do anything tonight that would deserve our contempt, in my view.
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #55
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I am no Froch fan BUT Froch fought Kessler in the danes backyard, Calzaghe didnt take risks like that.

Froch also fought like a lion, stood & traded with Kessler in an excellent fight whereas Calzaghe spoiled his way to a hometown decision.

As I say, Im no Froch fan, but I respect the man, even more so after watching him against Kessler.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #56
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=Dunky McCafferty;6652857]whereas Calzaghe spoiled his way to a hometown decision.

I don't think Joe spoiled anything, he out boxed clearly to win.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #57
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I am no Froch fan BUT Froch fought Kessler in the danes backyard, Calzaghe didnt take risks like that.

Froch also fought like a lion, stood & traded with Kessler in an excellent fight whereas Calzaghe spoiled his way to a hometown decision.

As I say, Im no Froch fan, but I respect the man, even more so after watching him against Kessler.
your drunk arent you scottish boy
faisal is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #58
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
How about you go **** yourself? You are normally a good and respectful poster but you now resort to personal insults?

If you talk the talk then you have to walk the walk.

Hamed was the classic example. Easily dislikeable but you couldn't help but admire him him for what he did in the ring. Froch falls short. Big time.
i dont give a ****. your a complete prick. how can you not admire what froch does in the ring.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #59
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
i dont give a ****. your a complete prick. how can you not admire what froch does in the ring.
Firstly, if anyone is coming across as a prick, it's you for demonstrating your lack of maturity. I have respect and admire Froch for what he does in the ring like I do for most fighters. But it pisses me off when I see guys like Calzaghe and Hatton get slated every day on this forum without too much argument from posters such as yourself. Admittedly both of them have faults but you can't deny they've done more for British boxing than someone like Carl Froch can ever dream of. Yet when the big mouth can't back his mouth up in the ring and get some deserved stick, he gets the support? Doesn't add up to be honest.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #60
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Artist View Post
your drunk arent you scottish boy
So now all of a sudden cos Froch lost to Kessler in his backyard, Calzaghe put on a boxing masterclass against Kessler

ahh this forum, you couldnt make it up sometimes!

**** me, Im the biggest neutral you could ever have on the subject, I couldnt give a shit about Calzaghe or Frochs legacy.

However, as a neutral, for any Calzaghe fan to claim a moral victory cos Froch lost a classic fight in Kesslers hometown when Calzaghe hit & held his way to victory over the dane in his own place?

Just shows how desperate Calzaghes fans are nowadays.

Im not saying its wrong, just calling it as I see it from a neutral standpoint.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum