Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #61
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019
Default Re: On the bounce: Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Arbraham - credit to Froch

Looks a very VERY good win for Froch now.

I had my doubts that Pascal was legit until last night.

He's certainly erased those.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #62
KERRZO
Glass Jaw
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: On the bounce: Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Arbraham - credit to Froch

What a run of fights that is!!! I was wondering that if Froch were to beat Abraham, Kessler and then Ward and that is indeed a huge if, would he deservedly go down as one of the best British fighters of all time?
KERRZO is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #63
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

It's some run of fights alright, looks great now with Pascal showing how good he is.

It'll all be for nothing though if he comes up short against Abraham, a lot of how he is remembered hangs on that
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #64
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It's a real shame he gets little recognition in the UK, where glass jawed charlatan fraud cherry-pickers like Con get the TV deals.

I think the public is coming around to Con's ways though. No one wanted to bid on the Paulie fight. That was a simple and pure fraud.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #65
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Hennessy had a deal with ITV, put on some awful shows, especially awful under-cards.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #66
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Looks a better win for Froch now, like Kotelnik for Khan last week.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #67
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

good thread, talk about hard matching, froch will beat aa no problem, aa is basicly a german world champ, outside his borders, were he can,t relax, and were he can't win by simply being stood up at the last bell, froch will make him look ordinary, and stop him around halfway.
portside is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #68
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

pascal beating dawson has no bearing on froch-abraham u honestly belive that the pascal that stood toe to toe with froch was the same fighter that beat dawson
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #69
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBam View Post
u honestly belive that the pascal that stood toe to toe with froch was the same fighter that beat dawson
Agreed, the Froch fight must have taken a lot out of him, he's a little shop worn now.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #70
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
aa is basicly a german world champ, outside his borders, were he can,t relax, and were he can't win by simply being stood up at the last bell, froch will make him look ordinary, and stop him around halfway.
he's only been "stood up at the last bell" 6 times in 32 fights, and i can't recall any of those being robberies
rooq is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #71
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBam View Post
pascal beating dawson has no bearing on froch-abraham u honestly belive that the pascal that stood toe to toe with froch was the same fighter that beat dawson
I must say though, Pascal physically does look a beast at 175.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #72
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Respect Froch...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #73
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Pascal has underrated skills, his hands are fast and has very good footwork. Add that to his bottle in the froch fight, winning with 1 arm against diaco.. the romanian sounding canadian and keeping in the fight Saturday and you have a very good fighter. I think Froch's win and how he achieved it in a very entertaining fight (as always with Froch)was always impressive but this highlights how good a win it was because Pascal was relatively unknown then, no chance of that now.

In a sport forever frustrating with big-fights falling through and promoters over-protecting their fighters/finances its refreshing to see a good honest pro like Froch put it on the line against world class operators time and time again. I dont care if you dont rate him or like his attitude but he deserves utmost respect for that
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #74
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I feel lucky to have gone to every single one of them + flights and hotel booked for Monaco. Tremendous run by Froch.
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #75
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Can I play devils advocate?

Pascal - What's he done?

Taylor - Shot.

Dirrell - Lost.

Kessler - Lost.

Not a lot there to be honest is there?
Woops.
TommyV is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum