Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #31
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who are the supernaturals, all time and current?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Supernatural- Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.

Pac is suppossed to be a smaller & The lesser guy when he fought MAB & EM. A Flyweight Champ KNocking out a featherweight & superfeatherweight champ? I guess that's beyond the Natural Forces.

Amsty, I thought you are the Master of the English Language???? Now tell me why Calslappy is a Supernatural????
Because PacDbester,

Calzaghe is only beatable by 1 or 2 types of styles, Pac is beatable by several types of styles, can be outboxed with the right guy and has more holes in his game than Calzaghe does.

I don't expect you to understand this, but Calzaghe is a much more complete fighter than Pacquaio is and is not as rough of a style, Calzaghe at his best is very fluid, sharp and amazing to watch, it's poetry in motion.

However, Pac being a great fighter and even at his best, is more harsch to watch. Pac's extremely effective and very exciting, but he just doesn't have that beautiful 'supernatural' edge like the others I listed did - 'so sweet it's sick'.

That doesn't describe Pac.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #32
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

I disagree.

If you watch Pacquiao against an Oscar Larios type then its absolutely beautiful to watch. But he's been up against some extremely tough and experienced competition so of course its tough to look as good. Also Solis was a very tall fighter who kept ducking very low, so his style made the fight look awkward (even though pac totally outboxed him in pretty much every round).
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #33
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Pac not so Shiny??? Who is the PPV imports in America??? Calslappy or Pac???

Pac can be beaten, that's true, because he Challenge himself & fight bigger guys all the time. He's even planning to moved up to 135 for bigger Challenge. Why didn't Calslappy challenge Bhop, RJJ or Tarver for all these years he's a Champ???? Last time I see Calslappy he looks ordinary against Bika.
Calzaghe did challenge B-Hop and Tarver mate.

Offered B-Hop 2.5 million in 2000, which would have been B-Hop's biggest payday ever at that point, however, B-Hop was the MW king and intelligently stayed there and racked up the biggest title defence record and waited for bigger paying bouts to come as Calzaghe wasn't considered much then.

Tarver, please...

And Roy, how would you have expected that bout to come off in the early 2000's with the difference in money that Roy could get fighting on this side of the ocean. The only way Roy could have made the same amount of money vs. Calzaghe would have been to literally go to the UK where the fight would have been massive enough for Calzaghe to take a paycut and give Roy the type of funds that he was making then.

And guess what, Roy would have defeated Calzaghe, no doubt, but it still was an outside risk.

Pac's situation is entirely different and he KOed Barrera and Morales true, but he also lost to a past it Morales first go around in a war, something everyone seems to forget.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #34
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Because PacDbester,

Calzaghe is only beatable by 1 or 2 types of styles, Pac is beatable by several types of styles, can be outboxed with the right guy and has more holes in his game than Calzaghe does.

I don't expect you to understand this, but Calzaghe is a much more complete fighter than Pacquaio is and is not as rough of a style, Calzaghe at his best is very fluid, sharp and amazing to watch, it's poetry in motion.

However, Pac being a great fighter and even at his best, is more harsch to watch. Pac's extremely effective and very exciting, but he just doesn't have that beautiful 'supernatural' edge like the others I listed did - 'so sweet it's sick'.

That doesn't describe Pac.
Calslappy then is not supernatural. Calslappy is Superbeautiful boxer. I already show you the meaning of Supernatural from the dictionary. Calslappy is not that.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #35
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Calzaghe did challenge B-Hop and Tarver mate.

Offered B-Hop 2.5 million in 2000, which would have been B-Hop's biggest payday ever at that point, however, B-Hop was the MW king and intelligently stayed there and racked up the biggest title defence record and waited for bigger paying bouts to come as Calzaghe wasn't considered much then.

Tarver, please...

And Roy, how would you have expected that bout to come off in the early 2000's with the difference in money that Roy could get fighting on this side of the ocean. The only way Roy could have made the same amount of money vs. Calzaghe would have been to literally go to the UK where the fight would have been massive enough for Calzaghe to take a paycut and give Roy the type of funds that he was making then.

And guess what, Roy would have defeated Calzaghe, no doubt, but it still was an outside risk.

Pac's situation is entirely different and he KOed Barrera and Morales true, but he also lost to a past it Morales first go around in a war, something everyone seems to forget.
I'm not degrading what calslappy has done. In fact I pick him to beat Kessler. But the fact that he didn't beat or fought that best of the best in & around his weight class doesn't mean he's tested by any style of boxing. A middleweight Class Pac size will definitely beat him.

What i'm disagreeing is the term Supernatural which is exactly what Pac is & not the guys you've mentioned.

Let's say Pac & Calsaghe are the same size, same age, with no boxing training at all. You put the 2 inside the ring, who do you think will win?? Who do you think we will call supernatural after the fight???
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #36
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

How about...

Salvador Sanchez
Ike Williams
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #37
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
How about...

Salvador Sanchez
Ike Williams

I think we need some evidence.

We have to remember, 'supernatural' has no ties to 'ATG'. Only the criteria.

We'd have to see some video here and decide if these two fit that criteria, but I do trust in your judgement Brooklyn.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #38
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Pac is not on this Class??? And you put Calslappy, Calderun, Mijares & Guzzy???? Name me if any of those successfully moved up in weight 7 classes & Still Knocking out HOFamer opponents.
Since when does Pac have skill?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #39
Daddy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
Pernells the one that came instantly to mind...

...Monzon was a supernatural but wasnt the quickest
Yeah for me too. Pernell came to mind first, then Aaron Pryor.
Daddy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #40
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:

I think we need some evidence.

We have to remember, 'supernatural' has no ties to 'ATG'. Only the criteria.

We'd have to see some video here and decide if these two fit that criteria, but I do trust in your judgement Brooklyn.
Looking at your criteria again, I would put Salvador Sanchez in there. He had the speed, skills, heart, and could brutalize his opponents.

I am interested as to why Ivan Calderon is a supernatural (which I think he is as well), but Floyd is missing?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #41
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Any thoughts on whether or not Hagler, Holmes, and Holyfield are "supernaturals"?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #42
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Nobody better say Pep, he just ran
Please he didn't run. I've watched numerous fights of his, utterly one of the best defenses in the sport, he had a way of standing in front of his opponent and moving so slightly and dodging the punches then countering with his own.

Aaron Pryor has to be on the list!
Saltzy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #43
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Looking at your criteria again, I would put Salvador Sanchez in there. He had the speed, skills, heart, and could brutalize his opponents.

I am interested as to why Ivan Calderon is a supernatural (which I think he is as well), but Floyd is missing?
Floyd could redeem himself as a supernatural, but needs to let those hands fly, if you know what I mean.

Calderon rips those combinations, he was ****ing people up at minimum weight with the amount landed.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #44
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Any thoughts on whether or not Hagler, Holmes, and Holyfield are "supernaturals"?
Definitley not Hagler, he had an effective style and is a top ATG, but he was not a supernatural.

Holmes, hmm.

Holyfield simply got tagged too much.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #45
Burundanga
Renaissance Man
ESB Jr Member

call me crazy but Vic Darchinyan is a supernatural
Burundanga is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum