Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 163
Default Khan Targets Pacquiao & Mayweather

Quote:
training for his american debut on may 15 against paulie malignaggi in new york's madison square garden, wba junior welterweight champion amir khan, 23, has gone on the record stating that he plans to retire by 2015. Khan wants to have all of his big challenges before the five year period is over, and that included mega-fights with floyd mayweather jr. And manny pacquiao.

"in the next four years i will have all my big fights so in five years time i will be gone," news of the world quoted khan, as saying. "when i hit my peak i will be fighting men like floyd mayweather jr. And manny pacquiao. They will be my last few fights. There are so many big fights in my division, but my body will tell me when to call it a day. That is why ricky hatton needs to retire. He could be one fight away from getting hurt."

khan and pacquiao are training mates at the wild card gym in hollywood, california. The facility is run by freddie roach, who trains both fighters. The decision by khan to target a future clash with pacquiao could put roach in a very tight spot. Khan and pacquiao even use the same strength and conditioning trainer, alex ariza.

The veteran trainer is close with both fighters but he looks at pacquiao like a son. For financial and personal reasons, roach would back pacquiao and break away from khan - if his hand was forced to choose one side. Most don't expect khan to every reach the pacquiao sweepstakes because the filipino champion is only a few fights away from retirement. Roach said in one interview that he doesn't see pacquiao fighting past 2011.
what is khan on saying he will be fighting them when he is at his peak in 4 years times before retiring mayweather and pacquiao will be retired and if he does fight them both i reckon wont be like they are now they will be in their mid/late 30's
ciaran is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan Targets Pacquiao & Mayweather

hes a nutter
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

If this is true, what a ****ing pleb.

I like how he's giving Ricky Hatton career advice..... how about proving yourself domestically before shooting for the stars - oh shit - Thaxton would have shattered those dreams in about two minutes flat back in 2007.

He gets a good win over Kotelnik.... then blows away the worst world title challenger in the history of boxing and all of a sudden thinks he's Ray Leonard

It's easy to run your mouth off knowing that neither fight will happen - would be piss funny if the winner of any Floyd/Pac fight gave Khan a call and said ''let's get it on!!'' - he'd be annihilated.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

I like how he's giving Ricky Hatton career advice..... how about proving yourself domestically before shooting for the stars - oh shit - Thaxton would have shattered those dreams in about two minutes flat back in 2007.

He gets a good win over Kotelnik.... then blows away the worst world title challenger in the history of boxing and all of a sudden thinks he's Ray Leonard

It's easy to run your mouth off knowing that neither fight will happen - would be piss funny if the winner of any Floyd/Pac fight gave Khan a call and said ''let's get it on!!'' - he'd be annihilated.
its on his twitter page check out the news of the world article if he wants to face them will have to be in the next 18 months 2 years at most
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hopefully he gets his wish. He might last 6 with Floyd, Pac will take him out within 2.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Good article, his advice to Hatton is spot on.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

He bypassed Thaxton, he is a world class fighter, doesn't need to waste years revelling in mediocrity.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Probably as true as the Micheal jackson and hollywood acting claim!
izmat is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

He needs to beat Malignaggi first.

Potential banana skin here IMO.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
Good article, his advice to Hatton is spot on.
thats about it on the article that he got right the rest is shite

the fight id love for him to take on in the next 2 years show down with kevin mitchell all british fight in the men or the o2 or somewhere like that

mitchell can bang and i reckon would ko khan
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaran View Post
thats about it on the article that he got right the rest is shite

the fight id love for him to take on in the next 2 years show down with kevin mitchell all british fight in the men or the o2 or somewhere like that

mitchell can bang and i reckon would ko khan
Malignaggi is world class, if he wins he'll fight other world class fighters, it's not like he's going to fight bums.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
Malignaggi is world class, if he wins he'll fight other world class fighters, it's not like he's going to fight bums.
mallinaggi is a world class fight but has got no knock out power thats why khan has took this route imo i honest think paulie can outbox khan and get a descion
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, but he will have to fight the other top lww sooner or later, he can't duck them forever.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

we will soon see but you've got to admit hes ****ing deranged if he think hes gonna fight pacquiao and mayweather in 4 years time both of them will be retired deffo pacquiao anyway
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yup they'll both be retired by then, both would probably still him beat him then anyway.
Pug1list is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum