Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #46
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan Targets Pacquiao & Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
He bypassed Thaxton, he is a world class fighter, doesn't need to waste years revelling in mediocrity.
Yeah, because Salita was worse than mediocre.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #47
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Yeah, because Salita was worse than mediocre.
He was shite, but he was the mandatory.

Thaxton was a shadow of his former self by 2008, Khan would have annihilated him.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #48
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen82 View Post
He was shite, but he was the mandatory.

Thaxton was a shadow of his former self by 2008, Khan would have annihilated him.
Wasn't Maidana as well?

The Thaxton that fought Melero would've had a very big chance of taking Khan out IMO. He was zippy in that fight.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #49
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wasn't Maidana as well?

The Thaxton that fought Melero would've had a very big chance of taking Khan out IMO. He was zippy in that fight.
Maidana is the interim champ, and if he wanted to take the fight, he would, however his handlers have told him to bide his time. Obviously universum/Goldenboy have ensured money is exchanged to avoid it happening.

My grandmother could have beaten Melero, have u seen his record, the only guy with a winning record he fought was Romanov, who whooped the shit out of him, as he did Thaxton.

Thaxton was offered the fight, but wanted the larger share as the champion, something ****** wasnt gonna do. He then said that he'd take the fight for free, cos a sponsor would pay his money, ****** licked his lips, but once again, Thaxton wanted the larger share, and that was it, never mentioned again.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #50
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen82 View Post
Maidana is the interim champ, and if he wanted to take the fight, he would, however his handlers have told him to bide his time. Obviously universum/Goldenboy have ensured money is exchanged to avoid it happening.

My grandmother could have beaten Melero, have u seen his record, the only guy with a winning record he fought was Romanov, who whooped the shit out of him, as he did Thaxton.

Thaxton was offered the fight, but wanted the larger share as the champion, something ****** wasnt gonna do. He then said that he'd take the fight for free, cos a sponsor would pay his money, ****** licked his lips, but once again, Thaxton wanted the larger share, and that was it, never mentioned again.
Don't worry mate, I know the circumstances. Melero was no great shakes, but Thaxton looked sharp that night, and would've had a chance on landing at Khan around that time.

You're obviously a Khan fan (if you're not I apologies) but I simply cannot root for glass chinned fighters.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #51
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't worry mate, I know the circumstances. Melero was no great shakes, but Thaxton looked sharp that night, and would've had a chance on landing at Khan around that time.

You're obviously a Khan fan (if you're not I apologies) but I simply cannot root for glass chinned fighters.
I'm a follower rather than a fan, only time i've seen him was when my freeloading ways got me into a few venues he was fighting at lol.

But dont for a second be thinking i'm inviting you the next time i have Terry Norris or Thomas Hearns over for dinner! (no homo)
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #52
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Norris=Overrated to the max
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #53
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Norris=Overrated to the max
How can you say he's overrated, sure he lived on the fact he beat the corpse of SRL for too long, but he was silky smooth, and had some of the most exciting fights in the histroy of the LMW division, precisely cos he was china chinned. The fact that he decided to outspeed the quicker Taylor, and trade with Mugabi shows the amount of beleif he had in himself. Sadly didnt work when he tried it with the Hawk tho, brutal ko.

But simply for his trilogy with Luis Santana, he needs putting in the Hall of fame, wtf that was about, i will never know, but the same could be said of David Lynch movies lol.
mugen82 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum