Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default I would have rather gone out like Morales

Don't know if this had been posted yet, but I would have rather gone out with a fight like Erik Morales than MAB. I'm not holding it against Barrera for not getting put away, but there was little attempt for victory last Saturday. Easier said than done against Pacman, but I was expecting a little more from the MAB that we all know.

I'd would have rather gotten stopped twice in a trilogy than to go out the way Barrera did.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

I posted this before. Both men went out doing what they knew how to do.

Morrales was a fighter who stayed true to his nature, and Barrera was both a boxer and a fighter, and he decided to box.

Probably why Morrales lasted less than 3 rounds.

I dont really get peoples fascination with the way Morrales went out, it was a short, embarrasing night for him in which he essentialy was forced to quit, something he NEVER DOES and which Im sure he hated.

One more time: The object of a fight is to win. Barrera gave himself more of an opportunity to win than Morrales, who wasnt going anywhere with that strategy.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I posted this before. Both men went out doing what they knew how to do.

Morrales was a fighter who stayed true to his nature, and Barrera was both a boxer and a fighter, and he decided to box.

Probably why Morrales lasted less than 3 rounds.

I dont really get peoples fascination with the way Morrales went out, it was a short, embarrasing night for him in which he essentialy was forced to quit, something he NEVER DOES and which Im sure he hated.

One more time: The object of a fight is to win. Barrera gave himself more of an opportunity to win than Morrales, who wasnt going anywhere with that strategy.
Exactly, in a sense its just plain stupid to give a guy more props just coz he got KTFO against a bloke who tried to box his way to a win! unbelieveable
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I posted this before. Both men went out doing what they knew how to do.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5
Exactly, in a sense its just plain stupid to give a guy more props just coz he got KTFO against a bloke who tried to box his way to a win! unbelieveable
Agreed.

Being a gun slinger is only cool when your shooting the other guy.

I just dont get the appeal of Morrales trading with someone who was guaranteed to kick his ass if the fight came down to trading.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Agreed.

Being a gun slinger is only cool when your shooting the other guy.

I just dont get the appeal of Morrales trading with someone who was guaranteed to kick his ass if the fight came down to trading.
Agreed, and this is why Barrera will always rate higher for me, he was a thinking fighter as well as a brawler (early career). Its a shame people just expect a brawl for it to be a good fight, they cant appreciate barreras lateral movelent in the fight (circling from the left hand) and his patience, his jab etc etc The mans a Legend!
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #7
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Asia, via Scotland
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

barrera fought to survive, if he opened up he would've lasted way less time that Morales in the 3rd match. Morales has cojones.......Barrera is a cheating little shite.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I posted this before. Both men went out doing what they knew how to do.

Morrales was a fighter who stayed true to his nature, and Barrera was both a boxer and a fighter, and he decided to box.

Probably why Morrales lasted less than 3 rounds.

I dont really get peoples fascination with the way Morrales went out, it was a short, embarrasing night for him in which he essentialy was forced to quit, something he NEVER DOES and which Im sure he hated.

MAB was just not fighting to win in his last fight.

One more time: The object of a fight is to win. Barrera gave himself more of an opportunity to win than Morrales, who wasnt going anywhere with that strategy.
Agree and understand with a great deal of what you've said.

I think Barrera gave himself more of a oppurtunity to survive than win. For the past seven years or so he has boxed to only stand his ground when he needed to. I can't say I saw Barrera's strategy going anywhere else other than to a lopsided 12 round loss. He may have been creating openings against Pac by moving and boxing it appeared that he did absolutely nothing in the last 6 rounds to show that he was trying to win.

Its like he came into fight with a main objective of not getting TKO'd. Morales was fighting to win in both the 2nd and 3rd fights.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
Agree and understand with a great deal of what you've said.

I think Barrera gave himself more of a oppurtunity to survive than win. For the past seven years or so he has boxed to only stand his ground when he needed to. I can't say I saw Barrera's strategy going anywhere else other than to a lopsided 12 round loss. He may have been creating openings against Pac by moving and boxing it appeared that he did absolutely nothing in the last 6 rounds to show that he was trying to win.

Its like he came into fight with a main objective of not getting TKO'd. Morales was fighting to win in both the 2nd and 3rd fights.
Yet Morales strategy of trying to win was flawed from the beginning, yet he gets props and barrera trying to win by outboxing pac, ok he failed, yet he gets dissed from every quarter! at least barrera had a game plan, morales cant be called that, reckless more like
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA
barrera fought to survive, if he opened up he would've lasted way less time that Morales in the 3rd match. Morales has cojones.......Barrera is a cheating little shite.
Yea Barrera should have fought like a man and lasted 2 rounds.

We all know thats what boxing is about, proving your manhood and being KOd as quickly and as embarrasingly as possible!

Does Morrales get extra style points for quiting on the canvas? How about for that special, helpless wink he sent his corner which told them, its ok guys Im just gonna sit here because I got knocked the **** out and I dont want anymore!

You guys are ridiculous.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Barrer was scared shitless of Pacman.
Barrera has fought toe to toe with the best fighters in the world, ALL OF THEM.

What the **** have you done behind your keyboard, to be calling someone else scared?
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Yea Barrera should have fought like a man and lasted 2 rounds.

We all know thats what boxing is about, proving your manhood and being KOd as quickly and as embarrasingly as possible!

Does Morrales get extra style points for quiting on the canvas? How about for that special, helpless wink he sent his corner which told them, its ok guys Im just gonna sit here because I got knocked the **** out and I dont want anymore!

You guys are ridiculous.
Exactly, people seem to think that balls are more important than brains, I guess coz many of the posters on here lack the latter!

Last edited by Asterion; 07-30-2006 at 03:54 PM.
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Agreed.

Being a gun slinger is only cool when your shooting the other guy.

I just dont get the appeal of Morrales trading with someone who was guaranteed to kick his ass if the fight came down to trading.
garunteed huh? does that explain why Morales did the exact same thing to Manny the first fight and trashed him? Maybe if Morales wasnt in so many wars, he might have won all 3. Yeah see my avatar? Barrera only wishes he had a night like that against Manny. so much that some will give it all in there to have it. Thats why I loved Morales.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
I think Barrera gave himself more of a oppurtunity to survive than win. For the past seven years or so he has boxed to only stand his ground when he needed to. I can't say I saw Barrera's strategy going anywhere else other than to a lopsided 12 round loss.
Thats because Barrera figured out a long time ago that he could box in addition to being a slugger and getting into wars, and tried to preserve his carreer and brain (nothing wrong with that, really).

Listen, name 5 fighters in the last 10 years which have competed on such a high level AND engaged in the wars he has.

A fighter can never win here on ESB, its crazy.

You engage in wars in every fight like Gatti and your labeled as a punching bag, an idiot, a no defence having, head first, punch drunk, C level, overated, no place in the hall of fame for you type fighter.

Use your brain a little, while still occasionaly giving wars (like Barrera) and your not a man.

What exactly is it, that we want here on ESB?
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Ive gotten into my share of scraps so STFU. U don't know me..

Barrera is human too and you don't think he has fears?? He was definitely scared of Pacman which is why he fought that way... You can see it in his body language when he fought pacman, he was fighting scared and that's the truth...

If he wasn't scared, he would have fought toe to toe and gave his fans their money's worth..

What are you barrera's cheerleader or something?
So you have to fight toe to toe these days to have it considered a good fight?
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013