acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
garunteed huh?
Yes, guaranteed, precisely because the amount of wars he was in. Did you see his fight against Raheem? His legs were leaving him dont you get it?

If you know boxing, you know he didnt just slug it out with Pac the 1st fight. He fought behind a jab, used his right hand to the body, and backed Pack up by counterpunching. To do this you need your legs, which he did not have in the 3rd fight especialy, so he slugged.

Morrales is one of my favorite fighters, but lets stop with the bullshit about how brilliant his 3rd fight was against Pac.
acb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #17
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

vCash: 1562

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
garunteed huh? does that explain why Morales did the exact same thing to Manny the first fight and trashed him? Maybe if Morales wasnt in so many wars, he might have won all 3. Yeah see my avatar? Barrera only wishes he had a night like that against Manny. so much that some will give it all in there to have it. Thats why I loved Morales.
Shame Barrera won the trilogy 2-1 then, that must rattle your cage some! Maybw if Morales could have adjusted he would have won all 3, but he didnt
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #18
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

I dunno.. Its all about the effort to me.

Its not like Barrera's boxing was flawless, he lost by a wide margin. Both fighters had game plans but Morales actually demonstrated the will to win. The first 6 rounds were fairly close and if Barrera would have done as well in the early rounds compared to the last half, IMO he could have gotten a close decision. He had the early rounds to do it. But for whatever reason, he opted not to follow the advice of his corner and the rest of the world and choose to fight safety first. Even MAB's corner knew the deal. They had been telling him for the last 4 rounds or so that he needed to do more to get a win.

MAB going the distance with the Pacman does not make him look any better than Morales in their fights with Manny. He should have been glad to of lasted so long with Manny and should have actually put in the effort. I mean he had come so far, why not try to win at least. But he was thinking the opposite, it was only to survive.

Morales fought to win and Barrera fought to survive. The contrasting styles of Morales and MAB is the only thing that decided the outcome but in the midst of defeat, Morales showed that a W was on his mind the whole time.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I would rather go out like mab no point geting knocked out for the fun of it. but I agree both fighters did what they do best. Perhaps some of the doubters should try 12 rounds with pac and see how they go out.
gutto is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Ive gotten into my share of scraps so STFU. U don't know me..

Barrera is human too and you don't think he has fears?? He was definitely scared of Pacman which is why he fought that way... You can see it in his body language when he fought pacman, he was fighting scared and that's the truth...

If he wasn't scared, he would have fought toe to toe and gave his fans their money's worth..

What are you barrera's cheerleader or something?
I dont need to know you. I know you have never fought professional fighters, the best of your era, and risked your life in the ring like Barrera has going on 70 professional fights.

To say a professional fighter is scared shitless at his level is ignorance. Yes, he knew Pac had greater power, and he fought defensively, but that doesnt equate to being scared shitless.

In fact, I have seen many scarred shitless fighters take the easy out and just get KOd as soon as possible (see Tyson opponents in the 80s).
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #21
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Did you feel that pacman/barrera 2 lived up to its hype? How many people do you think actually enjoyed it?
What hype? If you knew boxing, you would have known that most experts were choosing Barerra. Use your logic, dont let the HBO hype machine cloud your expectations of a fight.

****, did you think Winky vs Bernard was going to be a sluggfest too?
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #22
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I dont need to know you. I know you have never fought professional fighters, the best of your era, and risked your life in the ring like Barrera has going on 70 professional fights.

To say a professional fighter is scared shitless at his level is ignorance. Yes, he knew Pac had greater power, and he fought defensively, but that doesnt equate to being scared shitless.

In fact, I have seen many scarred shitless fighters take the easy out and just get KOd as soon as possible (see Tyson opponents in the 80s).
Right on
gutto is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Barrera is a dirty cunt with no honor and he's scared shitless of pacman..
And yet you hate on Pacman consistently in other threads and say he is scared shitless of Guzman.

Are you a troll?
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #24
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not really, Im a purist who appreciates the sweet science but what barera did against Juarez and Pacman rematch was pretty boring..

Did you feel that pacman/barrera 2 lived up to its hype? How many people do you think actually enjoyed it?

This is the thing. If you're going to box, just box, but don't make it sound as if you're going to get into a brawl, only to go in there to survive.
I didnt expect Barrera to go to war, did you see the first fight?! If it didnt live up to YOUR expectations, that doesnt mean Barrera was wrong, it could just mean you set your hopes too high!
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #25
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
You don't know shit.
This is what the loser of an argument often reverts to.
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #26
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

Barrera fought to survive instead of fighting to win.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #27
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't make up stories dumbass. I never said pacman was afraid of guzman.. WTF?? Lying ass bitch u got no credibility.

Ive mentioned in many threads that pacman would beat guzman down..

Barrera is terrified of pacman.
Thats a big statement to make, I doubt Barrera is scared of anyone, what exactly did he need to prove to people, hes been one of the best fighters in his respective weight classes over the last 10 yrs/ever for **** sake!
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #28
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master
Barrera fought to survive instead of fighting to win.
Exactly my point.

I'm going to work guys. ACB, Peter5.. I value you're opinions and they really do make a lot of sense to me
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #29
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Like someone said, Barrera didn't come to fight, he came to survive..
He had a strategy, OK it didnt work, but at least he had one, unlike Morales, his "strategy" was non-existent - a bit like your brain
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #30
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
Exactly my point.

I'm going to work guys. ACB, Peter5.. I value you're opinions and they really do make a lot of sense to me
Take it easy mate
peter5 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum