Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #31
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Froch Interview: Abraham Fight Set For Neutral Venue; Looks Set To Stay In Super

Neutral....got to be the US then I would think. Maybe at the Theater at MSG.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #32
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019
Default Re: Froch Interview: Abraham Fight Set For Neutral Venue; Looks Set To Stay In Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
When will this 'Froch has the beating of Kessler' end

Kessler had the beating of Froch. That's all that matters because it actually happened. All these could of would of could of should ofs are really ****ing annoying when McCracken was telling him he needed more and he couldn't do it.
Revisionism at it's best.

As for the Abraham fight, Ireland would be ****ing class.

I wouldn't mind the Millenium Stadium too but that'd never happen.

Last edited by Grant1; 04-27-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #33
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post

yeah I personally think they couldn't fill the Millenium stadium involving Froch, plus he ain't world champion anymore.

There is a great wee indoor football stadium at Baerum in Norway, the Telenor Arena can hold 15,000 for football games, so you could easily get 20,000 in it for a boxing event.

There is the Amsterdam Arena also which could be a sell out considering Germany is right next door to Holland
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #34
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

germany and england the only place in europe it would draw interest. i reckon it will end up in the US
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #35
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

This fight only really sells in the UK or Germany. After a lot of huff and puff from both sides it'll end up in one of the two countries.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #36
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
When will this 'Froch has the beating of Kessler' end

Kessler had the beating of Froch. That's all that matters because it actually happened. All these could of would of could of should ofs are really ****ing annoying when McCracken was telling him he needed more and he couldn't do it.
Kessler did beat Froch; no-one is denying that, apart from partisan fans. I just think Froch didn't perform as well as he could have when he had the momentum. He allowed Kessler gain the advantage in close rounds by not applying sustained pressure and he can only blame himself for the loss. Kessler turned up, fought his heart out and deserved the win, but I think Froch was just too pensive when it mattered and didn't look completely on top of his game. Had Froch applied more pressure in the fifth and the latter rounds, we could be talking about a different outcome.

As you say, it's all 'shoulda, woulda, couldas', but the fight did leave me with the impression that Froch could beat Kessler if he'd pulled his finger out when he should have; it was, after all, a close fight. I honestly think Froch would win a rematch as he knows he can absorb what Kessler can dish out and he also knows what he'd have to correct. I'd be very happy to see Kessler-Froch II at some point down the road.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #37
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Revisionism at it's best.

As far the Abraham fight, Ireland would be ****ing class.

Some of you lads are talking as though Froch suffered a schooling, its just not true, at the end of the day there was the odd round in it (the randomness of the judges cards show how tight the fight was). The point that some are trying to make is that given that Kessler is slightly on the slide he performed to the best of his ability on saturday whereas Froch underperformed...a rematch would not see the same outcome, Froch wouldn't (hopefully) make the same mistakes as he did and Kessler isn't able to up his game.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Maybe Froch is on the slide and can't up his game either.....;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #39
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

If this is anywhere but the UK this proves just how poor Mick is as a promoter by having it in the UK its only standing his ground on what has already been decided. If saureland starts shouting about getting it over there and gets his way it shows how little sway Mick has in the boxing world. There is no way that that ****** would let them get away with this type of thing
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #40
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

So you're saying Froch lost to a Kessler on the slide? You are probably right and its not a good thing.

He wasn't good enough and so he lost. Like every other guy thats lost a close but clear fight in the past.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #41
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
If Fat Mick has got witnesses as he claims then they should be telling the Hun to blow it out of his ****ing arse.

**** , post of the week !
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #42
ShaneTheSherrif
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 84

Ireland sounds good. If its anywhere on the continent Id still consider it more on Abrahams turf. But over in America it would get a low crowd.
ShaneTheSherrif is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #43
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
yeah I personally think they couldn't fill the Millenium stadium involving Froch, plus he ain't world champion anymore.

There is a great wee indoor football stadium at Baerum in Norway, the Telenor Arena can hold 15,000 for football games, so you could easily get 20,000 in it for a boxing event.

There is the Amsterdam Arena also which could be a sell out considering Germany is right next door to Holland

If they have it in the Dam I'll bust open the piggy bank and go to that one !
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #44
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Maybe Froch is on the slide and can't up his game either.....;O)
I don't think so, he was just way too wary of Kesslers reputation...if he had charged him at the opening bell like he did Pascal we would be looking at a different result IMO
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #45
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
He wasn't good enough and so he lost. .
On the night
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum