Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #46
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch Interview: Abraham Fight Set For Neutral Venue; Looks Set To Stay In Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I don't think so, he was just way too wary of Kesslers reputation

I don't think Froch is the type of fighter who steps in the ring with that attitude. Thats just guesswork and opinion obviously.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #47
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Froch Interview: Abraham Fight Set For Neutral Venue; Looks Set To Stay In Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govanmauler View Post

**** , post of the week !
Contract negotiations Yorkshire style
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #48
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think so, he was just way too wary of Kesslers reputation...if he had charged him at the opening bell like he did Pascal we would be looking at a different result IMO

yeah think so ,I reckon Froch got surprised by how fast Kessler came out ( although he shouldnt have doen this was Kesslers last roll ) and by the time he started fighting in earnest he'd eaten too many and got too worn down to really push it,
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #49
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
So you're saying Froch lost to a Kessler on the slide? You are probably right and its not a good thing.

He wasn't good enough and so he lost. Like every other guy thats lost a close but clear fight in the past.
That's pretty much it, close but clear - 7-5, 8-4 ish.

But people are making out that Froch didn't give his all.

It's simply not true.

Froch was knackered, no doubt debilitated to a certain extent by the shots Kessler landed to his body.

He was beaten by the better man on the night, it really is that simple.

Kessler is on the slide, of that I have no doubt, so depending on Froch's physical state he may well win a rematch, but on April 24th 2010 with the gameplans employed by both, Kessler wins 5 times out of 5.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #50
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
7-5
Quote:
but on April 24th 2010 with the gameplans employed by both, Kessler wins 5 times out of 5.
I hate to labour the point but these two statements sort of contradict each other slightly...7-5 is definately close, but it is far from clear, in fact it is only one close round from Froch retaining his title.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #51
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I hate to labour the point but these two statements sort of contradict each other slightly...7-5 is definately close, but it is far from clear, in fact it is only one close round from Froch retaining his title.
And 8-4 means Kessler won twice as many rounds as Froch.

The only reason I put the 2 down was becuase that seems to be the way the vast majority are retrospectively scoring it.

Look at the RbR for more real scoring.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #52
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
That's pretty much it, close but clear - 7-5, 8-4 ish.

But people are making out that Froch didn't give his all.

It's simply not true.

Froch was knackered, no doubt debilitated to a certain extent by the shots Kessler landed to his body.

He was beaten by the better man on the night, it really is that simple.

Kessler is on the slide, of that I have no doubt, so depending on Froch's physical state he may well win a rematch, but on April 24th 2010 with the gameplans employed by both, Kessler wins 5 times out of 5.
Can you imagine if this fight went differently and Froch won by a similar margin...and Kessler fans came here and said 'Kessler lost the fight, he should of done this...and that, he'll win a rematch'

Everyone would say there is simply no way the one dimensional robot can do that and that he was completely overrated to begin with.

Froch gets a free pass in here. Some people should have a look at themselves, its really poor stuff to be seeing such bad losers. I guess the fighter rubs off on his fans
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #53
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Can you imagine if this fight went differently and Froch won by a similar margin...and Kessler fans came here and said 'Kessler lost the fight, he should of done this...and that, he'll win a rematch'

Everyone would say there is simply no way the one dimensional robot can do that and that he was completely overrated to begin with.

Froch gets a free pass in here. Some people should have a look at themselves, its really poor stuff to be seeing such bad losers. I guess the fighter rubs off on his fans
This is what get's me too.

Obviously I don't know as much as most who post on here, but the level of hypocrisy and inconsistency is startling.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #54
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:

Come on, thats just not true...most would have said that a great fighter on the slide had had one last throw of the dice and just come up short.

I sincerely hope that the highlighted section was not aimed at me because it would then be obvious that you haven't checked back to see how I actually scored the fight ....Froch would still demolish the robot in a rematch, easy
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #55
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Come on, thats just not true...most would have said that a great fighter on the slide had had one last throw of the dice and just come up short.

I sincerely hope that the highlighted section was not aimed at me because it would then be obvious that you haven't checked back to see how I actually scored the fight ....Froch would still demolish the robot in a rematch, easy
Would they balls..thats funny man! I've been a fan long enough to know the skepticism with which he was treated coming into this fight. Maybe rightfully so but now that this PR campaign to besmirch this victory is in full force it is pretty annoying to say the least.

Not specifically you, you are possibly one of the many revisionists and spinsters in the Froch fan club that I have noted
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #56
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:

The only people you should be directing that to are the ones who, rather amazingly, thought that Froch had won the fight:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

No-one's putting down Kessler's victory, especially not me (I even picked him to win in the prediction thread so I can say with a clear conscience that I'm not partisan), but to claim that this fight was anything other than close is just stupid. Kessler won fair and square, but along the way I think Froch showed that he could beat Kessler had he sustained the pressure.

To highlight my point, compare the fight to Pavlik-Martinez if you like. In the middle rounds Pavlik showed that he could pose problems for Martinez, but ultimately Martinez won fair and square. The problems that Pavlik did cause shouldn't be discarded if there is a rematch, though, as it proves that he can have success against Martinez. That's the point that people are making, but you don't seem to be able to see it through your Kessler-tinted sunglasses.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #57
Roberto
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2600

Why don't they just find honest, unbiased, incorruptible judges and referee, who are genuine boxing experts. The geographical location of the venue then becomes a relatively minor detail that they could perhaps settle on the flip of a coin.

Easy!
Roberto is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #58
barry big balls
You cant handle the truth
ESB Senior Member

I wish it was in ireland but i doubt it.
barry big balls is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #59
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

So, just to clarify, following Kessler-Ward you said -

Quote:
I'm still not sure what you are saying. I guess that you are making out that Kessler is shit, I agree, i've always thought that. Very average win for "Crusty" Ward
But if Froch had beaten Kessler you'd be saying -

Quote:
Interesting
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #60
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Maybe rightfully so but now that this PR campaign to besmirch this victory is in full force it is pretty annoying to say the least.

Not specifically you, you are possibly one of the many revisionists and spinsters in the Froch fan club that I have noted
Stop being a ****ing drama queen, all that volcanic ash has addled your brain ...every close fight is going to be picked apart, its the nature of judged sports and has been like this since I can remember.
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum