Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057
Default Re: Darren Sutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIN View Post
I was told that a week after his death,im just saying what i was told,my friend wouldnt lie,i dont mean to offend anyone..
No offense

That sounds to me like a bunch of dickheads, sitting around saying " Well why would he do that, he's got it all, a great boxing career ahead of him, must of been gay "

what people don't realise is this guy was being touted as a future world champion, when that happens you can't have a normal start to you career because you being constantly judged for every little thing you do, I think the guy missed his family and was afraid that if he left england to go home, people would say that he's a coward and could'nt hack it,

which is bullshit, but thats the way people are in a small country like Ireland ( I know I've lived their for 10 years ) your business is everyone's business just look at the shit this guy is saying above, people are talking shit about the man and he's dead imagine what it would be like if had stopped boxing and went back to Ireland, thats a hard thing deal with for a young man.

anyway I did'nt want to write in this thread but when I saw this shit I had to write, it's disrespectful to the Man and his Family
sugarsean is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 AM   #32
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsean View Post
No offense

That sounds to me like a bunch of dickheads, sitting around saying " Well why would he do that, he's got it all, a great boxing career ahead of him, must of been gay "

what people don't realise is this guy was being touted as a future world champion, when that happens you can't have a normal start to you career because you being constantly judged for every little thing you do, I think the guy missed his family and was afraid that if he left england to go home, people would say that he's a coward and could'nt hack it,

which is bullshit, but thats the way people are in a small country like Ireland ( I know I've lived their for 10 years ) your business is everyone's business just look at the shit this guy is saying above, people are talking shit about the man and he's dead imagine what it would be like if had stopped boxing and went back to Ireland, thats a hard thing deal with for a young man.

anyway I did'nt want to write in this thread but when I saw this shit I had to write, it's disrespectful to the Man and his Family
that's a bit over the top mate. The person who posted obviously heard it from what he thought was a reliable source. He has already been roasted over it, give him a break.
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #33
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIN View Post
A friend of mine's younger brother knows darrens younger sister and she told him that Darren was gay and couldnt cope with it and the fact that it might come out,before everyone attacks me im just saying thats what i heard and a lot of people in my area are saying the same thing..

i would say thats a load of bollox tbh , i know a few lads who box out of st.saviours and im sure they would have heard a rumour like that if it was going around

R.I.P Darren
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTJCIOm9e0[/ame]
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
Kelly green
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Darren was excellent. Who was the lankey southpaw he beat in the end of the video?
Kelly green is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #36
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly green View Post
Darren was excellent. Who was the lankey southpaw he beat in the end of the video?
darren o neill i think
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #37
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
that's a bit over the top mate. The person who posted obviously heard it from what he thought was a reliable source. He has already been roasted over it, give him a break.
you would'nt be saying it was over the top if someone said that shit about your dead friend or brother, or if you had died and people were talking shit about you and your not there to defend yourself, you don't go talking shit just because you've heard some bullshit rumor, his family don't need to hear that bullshit.
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #38
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hes just saying what he heard from someone. Maybe shouldnt have told it like it was from a concrete source though... anyways this is tragiv regardless. sometimes you have to try and let go of shit like this cause most of the time, it will never truly come to light.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #39
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

some boxers with high profiles feel under great preessure to perform, and with long term contracts to fulfill etc and other problems to compound matters. moloney will have looked after him like an egg in a cake. but it was a total disaster to a top athlete, there has been many suicides in ireland involving young people over the last few years,definatly a sickening state of affairs for relatives and freinds left to wonder why it all came about.
portside is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #40
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB

When you're depressed it can often help when you stay busy. I don't imagine it would of helped him being alone in a new city with no new real challenges coming his way in terms of opposition or anything. Just typical Maloney bum fighters to stick him in there with. I'm not blaming Frank or anything, but his match making wouldn't of helped.
'Ben' is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #41
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsean View Post
you would'nt be saying it was over the top if someone said that shit about your dead friend or brother, or if you had died and people were talking shit about you and your not there to defend yourself, you don't go talking shit just because you've heard some bullshit rumor, his family don't need to hear that bullshit.
Read what i posted straight away after the guy posted the statement. I was only saying to lay off the guy mate

"****ing hell mate, that is some kind of statment to come out with. You must be 100% certain to say that, no?"
avidlemon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum