Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Khan's July 31st date

So he's decided to fight July 31st due to Ramadan.

We know it's not Maidana, because firstly he's injured and if he wasn't he'd have to fight Bradley first.

So that leaves, Ortiz and Devon.

According to some sources it's not going to be on HBO either, so this effectively means it's going to be a fringe opponent. Mitchell, Katsidis, Prescott.

Some tabloids claim Khan's people want Katsidis. But despite thinking otherwise yesterday I'm willing to bet he fights Prescott, as they will believe it to be a safer business decision as they can get around the "Your ducking the big names", by saying he wants to avenge his loss. Also despite what some say on here, Khan would be a massive favourite to destroy Prescott if they fought now, though there would always be the chance he managed to catch him again but I honestly see him just hitting and running the entire fight and getting a UD.

Katsidis's people have said they won't take the fight unless very very lucrative as it would mean him giving up his Interim title, and his chance to fight the winner of Marquez Diaz.
boxing4eva is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Default Re: Khan's July 31st date

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4eva View Post
So he's decided to fight July 31st due to Ramadan.

We know it's not Maidana, because firstly he's injured and if he wasn't he'd have to fight Bradley first.

So that leaves, Ortiz and Devon.

According to some sources it's not going to be on HBO either, so this effectively means it's going to be a fringe opponent. Mitchell, Katsidis, Prescott.

Some tabloids claim Khan's people want Katsidis. But despite thinking otherwise yesterday I'm willing to bet he fights Prescott, as they will believe it to be a safer business decision as they can get around the "Your ducking the big names", by saying he wants to avenge his loss. Also despite what some say on here, Khan would be a massive favourite to destroy Prescott if they fought now, though there would always be the chance he managed to catch him again but I honestly see him just hitting and running the entire fight and getting a UD.

Katsidis's people have said they won't take the fight unless very very lucrative as it would mean him giving up his Interim title, and his chance to fight the winner of Marquez Diaz.
Somewhere down the line Khan has to fight Prescott , so why not get it out the way right now ???? , Bradley has a date in June with an opponent TBC , so he's out the picture , Ortiz ................ mmmm id honestly rather se him fight Prescott , Alexander will be doing back flips if Khan fights Prescott and i wouldnt blame him and Maidana is injured .

Why not Prescott ?????
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
ryanm8655
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3731

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight prescott, avenge his only loss, it's not long after the fight with Paulie so people can't whinge even if he has lost 2 of his last 3.

Unless Prescott can catch him then I see Khan stopping him. He'll probably dance in and out for the first few rounds and then Prescott won't know what to do, will slow down and get beaten up imo.
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
anklespanker75
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I couldn't be bothered watching him fight Prescott. Khan wins that one all day... He's a different fighter now. I understand him wanting to prove his point though.
anklespanker75 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

From reading the latest news It's looking like Khan's people really want Katsidis. Roach has spoken on it aswell saying that if it was a major title fight, they would want more time, but for Katsidis they think July 31st is do-able. So I'm guessing they now just need to throw enough cash at Katsidis to make him take it
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

its looking like it will be Prescott. I would be suprised if GBP didn't put it as part of the HBO undercard for Marquez vs Diaz on tape delay.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Katsidis has come out and said it will cost allot of money to get him to fight Khan in July.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
doug.ie
broadcasting from a shed
East Side Guru

doug.ie's sneaky suspicion is that calzaghe v hopkins on july 31st with khan v prescott as main support...
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
boxing4eva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Katsidis has come out and said it will cost allot of money to get him to fight Khan in July.
Yeah but the more I think about it, the more I think they'll give him it. I think it would do good numbers on SBO. Especially with all the media coverage Katsidis has gotten in the build up to the mitchell fight and then the result. The average casual boxing fan on the street now know of him due to it.. and theres the England - Australia angle, considering theres a good chance England are going to meet Australia in the world cup a few weeks prior. It's very marketable
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Somewhere down the line Khan has to fight Prescott , so why not get it out the way right now ???? , Bradley has a date in June with an opponent TBC , so he's out the picture , Ortiz ................ mmmm id honestly rather se him fight Prescott , Alexander will be doing back flips if Khan fights Prescott and i wouldnt blame him and Maidana is injured .

Why not Prescott ?????
Why? Prescott is shit, Khan has progressed since Prescott, there's no logical reason why Khan-Prescott needs to happen at this stage in their careers.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Why? Prescott is shit, Khan has progressed since Prescott, there's no logical reason why Khan-Prescott needs to happen at this stage in their careers.
agreed
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #12
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Somewhere down the line Khan has to fight Prescott ,
Why??
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

i think Prescott would sell more to the public than Katsidis.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum