Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75
Default Re: Premiership Prediction League in the British Boxing Forum... Who would join...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO MAS View Post
It will be Premiership teams but Bourmouth fans can join in...

We signed Ian Bishop from Bournmouth back in the day, he was a great player for Manchester City...
good stuff
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Premiership Prediction League in the British Boxing Forum... Who would join...?

I dunno, I started the Lounge one and then got bored after a bit. Predicting 10 football scores every week isn't the same as predicting fights. Can get a bit tiresome (just my opinion of course). This is of course partly due to the fact that I don't watch as much football as I used to, can't even be arsed watching MOTD most weeks!

We do need an international boxing predo league though. That would be fun
ishy is online now  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Picking actual scores is a bit retarded too. Even if you get it right its complete fluke. Sure you can trawl stats and consider defensive/scoring records but its not particularly fun to do that and even then its mostly luck.

I'd prefer it just as results.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
I dunno, I started the Lounge one and then got bored after a bit. Predicting 10 football scores every week isn't the same as predicting fights. Can get a bit tiresome (just my opinion of course). This is of course partly due to the fact that I don't watch as much football as I used to, can't even be arsed watching MOTD most weeks!

We do need an international boxing predo league though. That would be fun
Mate, the exact same happened to me. I used to have a scary knowledge of current football, I could name stupid stuff like every teams starting 11, subs, their kit number and what football boots they wore It might just be coz Charlton got relegated, but I dunno I just didn't watch it that often. The past 2 seasons I haven't watched barely any football.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Just make sure you lose on Saturday
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #21
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Mate, the exact same happened to me. I used to have a scary knowledge of current football, I could name stupid stuff like every teams starting 11, subs, their kit number and what football boots they wore It might just be coz Charlton got relegated, but I dunno I just didn't watch it that often. The past 2 seasons I haven't watched barely any football.
so coz charlton got relegated he fell out of love for football. he got as about much heart as u did on fight night on sunday
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

I'm exactly the same as you Smudger. Since I've joined this place and got more into boxing my interest in football has greatly decreased. I look out for Huddersfield games, the big CL, PL games but that's it really. My attention span is also dwindling, really struggle to sit through 90mins of football now

Of course when the World Cup comes I'll be watching every game I can . Really hyped up for that for some reason.
ishy is online now  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
I'm exactly the same as you Smudger. Since I've joined this place and got more into boxing my interest in football has greatly decreased. I look out for Huddersfield games, the big CL, PL games but that's it really. My attention span is also dwindling, really struggle to sit through 90mins of football now

Of course when the World Cup comes I'll be watching every game I can . Really hyped up for that for some reason.
snap

boxing has taking over for fooball for me aswell but not coz my team got relegated
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
noonan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

How about a World cup one???
noonan is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #25
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonan View Post
How about a World cup one???
Sounds good to me...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #26
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Just make sure you lose on Saturday
**** off Actually I dunno, we're in the playoffs, unlikely for automatic promotion and if we beat you it gives Millwall the opportunity to go up automatically I'd love to play Millwall at Wembley and beat those cunts in the final.

And I dunno what the **** LP's on about, all I see is 'quack, quack, quack, quack' when he posts.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #27
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
**** off Actually I dunno, we're in the playoffs, unlikely for automatic promotion and if we beat you it gives Millwall the opportunity to go up automatically I'd love to play Millwall at Wembley and beat those cunts in the final.

And I dunno what the **** LP's on about, all I see is 'quack, quack, quack, quack' when he posts.
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #28
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Only if Cardiff go up, if not you can stick it.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #29
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

im in...Blackburn fan
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #30
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Only if Cardiff go up, if not you can stick it.
Poke it then...
NO MAS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum