Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #46
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roach predicts Amir will stop Paulie in 3 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
I do not see the reasoning for the Khan KO predictions....

''No-one has done a proper job on him so I want to be the first person to do a proper job on him. He'll be hanging up his gloves after this fight.''

This is why I cant take to Khan at all.
Oh for **** sake! it's just pre fight trash talk! what do you want him to say??? lets go pick flowers and drink milkshakes? THIS IS BOXING! let the kid talk a little trash. Some fighters make a career out of it. Doesn't mean there isn't mutual respect between them. If he feels confident enough in his ability,then kudos to Khan. We shall see come fight night.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #47
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Oh for **** sake! it's just pre fight trash talk! what do you want him to say??? lets go pick flowers and drink milkshakes? THIS IS BOXING! let the kid talk a little trash. Some fighters make a career out of it. Doesn't mean there isn't mutual respect between them. If he feels confident enough in his ability,then kudos to Khan. We shall see come fight night.
Exactly! Some people are just full of ****ing bullshit.

They don't take into account that SO MANY bloody fighter talk shit yet they jump on Khan for the slightest of errors. Seriously, it's bullshit.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #48
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
First person to do a proper job on him??
Cotto and Hatton dominated him. Him trash talking just doesn't look or sound right.

He's like a white man trying to dance to hip hop,a black man playing darts,...some things aint meant to happen-Khan acting tough and 'trash talking' is one of them.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 03:17 AM   #49
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

If he is right, I would be seriously impressed. Paulie has mixed it with Hatton, Cotto, Diaz, N'dou and that is good company. If Khan can stop him properly, it would be a statement.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #50
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I suppose a little trash talk can help sell tickets but at least its against a decent opponent. He used to talk bullshit about being the best and then avoiding any real challenges. Time to pay the piper. Quite looking forward to this one, hats off to amir if he wins this one good.
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #51
RJD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5000

I think there is a serious possibility that Amir stops Paulie early. I don't deny the fact that Paulie once had a great chin, but if we look closely at his most recent matches it's evident that his chin has seriously deteriorated. In the 2nd round of his fight with Hatton he was seriously buzzed and if he didn't hold on for dear life I think Hatton would have got him out of there early as well. In his first fight with Diaz he was also hurt by a natural 135lber who's considered to be feather fisted at that weight.

The logical pick is obviously Khan on points. however it wouldn't surprise me if Roach was right again.
RJD is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 AM   #52
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD View Post
I think there is a serious possibility that Amir stops Paulie early. I don't deny the fact that Paulie once had a great chin, but if we look closely at his most recent matches it's evident that his chin has seriously deteriorated. In the 2nd round of his fight with Hatton he was seriously buzzed and if he didn't hold on for dear life I think Hatton would have got him out of there early as well. In his first fight with Diaz he was also hurt by a natural 135lber who's considered to be feather fisted at that weight.

The logical pick is obviously Khan on points. however it wouldn't surprise me if Roach was right again.
Spot on. I really feel this is a much easier night for Kahn than many on here are suggesting.
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 05:32 AM   #53
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
vCash: 75

To me it seems a reasonable prediction. I think Khan stops him anywhere between rounds three to six personally.
'Ben' is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #54
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:

When was he hurt against Diaz? He got hit on his temple and his equilibrium went, but he still stuck his tongue out and wasn't at all phased by it.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #55
Jared
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5651

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD View Post
I was thinking this myself. I hope it doesnt happen, one of Khans "flurrying" stoppages where the other man isnt hurt.
Hope not...i hate it in british boxing when they stop a fight just because one boxer has started to take a beating. It's up to the boxer and his team when he's had enough. Khan v Earl or Gomez was a good example.

If Tyson Ruddock I was a british fight, it would be stopped in round 2.
Jared is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #56
pauluscanary
NCFC 1902

vCash: 762

Quote:
I think there is a serious possibility that Amir stops Paulie early. I don't deny the fact that Paulie once had a great chin, but if we look closely at his most recent matches it's evident that his chin has seriously deteriorated.
I was just thinking that. An early stoppage would be surprising but not unbelievable. As guys on here have already pointed out, he doesn't have to knock Paulie out to stop it early. If he goes on a mental flurry it could well get stopped.
pauluscanary is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #57
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Wouldn't be shocked if he Buzzed Paulie and sent him to Canvas early doors because of a accurate sharp 1'2 but Paulie is a tough kid in front of his own people he ain't gonna go out like a bitch. He will get up and last the 12 rounds at the very least.

I still don't know who i think will win. I don't buy into the Khan Hype and i've been down this road before with Paulie and been let down so...i'm not saying to much.

I'm looking forward to the fight, Gonna be a superb day of boxing.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #58
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD View Post
I was thinking this myself. I hope it doesnt happen, one of Khans "flurrying" stoppages where the other man isnt hurt.
A Frank ****** stoppage
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #59
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Paulie hits harder than Khan and has a better chin not to mention paulie is faster better defence and way more experience.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #60
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V.I.P. View Post
has a better chin not to mention better defence and way more experience.
I'd agree with these three but I dont think Paulie hits harder. I do feel that Khans power is way over rated mind you.

Khan has to be given the edge in speed too.
TheUzi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum