boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #166
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hasegawa vs Montiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
He didn't looked drained to me, a rematch with montiel is a must for him. Hope he comes back strong looked terrible after the fight in the dressing room.
Yeah. I don't think making the weight had any affect on the outcome. Hasegawa was boxing extremely well and just got caught. Montiel was,apart from the 3rd round competing evenly with him and brilliantly took his chance when it came. He deserves a lot of credit.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #167
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
Yeah. I don't think making the weight had any affect on the outcome. Hasegawa was boxing extremely well and just got caught. Montiel was,apart from the 3rd round competing evenly with him and brilliantly took his chance when it came. He deserves a lot of credit.

Agreed.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #168
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe Hasegawa isn't moving up in weight so soon.
Can't wait. Hope it happens. I would like the winner of Moreno vs Cermano or Perez to challenge Montiel first though. Then the winner fights Hozumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
He didn't looked drained to me, a rematch with montiel is a must for him. Hope he comes back strong looked terrible after the fight in the dressing room.
He does drain loads to get to 118lbs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
As an aside, what a class act Hasegawa is:

I got caught off guard when I lost focus for a split second, said Hasegawa. I was in top form and put in all the training necessary so I cant argue about who was the better fighter if I lose.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That is class.

I have a DVD of Hasegawa early in his career and I'm pretty sure he gets stopped in an early fight. I will check it out again.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #169
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Latest news is that Montiel broke Hasegawa's jaw - hopefully it doesn't keep him out too long.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #170
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

****ing hell, was a peach. One of the best punches I have seen in a while.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #171
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

There was a mong on the gf, Sandman his name is, that was doing the old 'this fighter has just been exposed,stay at home fighter' (most champs are) and decrying his fans as 'Hasewhathisnames'.
I mean Jesus. Are these people 5?
I loathe many of the gf crowd for reasons like this. No ****ing respect for fighters who terrible risks for our entertainment.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #172
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
There was a mong on the gf, Sandman his name is, that was doing the old 'this fighter has just been exposed,stay at home fighter' (most champs are) and decrying his fans as 'Hasewhathisnames'.
I loathe many of the gf crowd for reasons like this. No ****ing respect for fighters who terrible risks for our entertainment.
I feel genuinely sorry for the good posters in the GF, and there are a few, because they are completely swamped by the re****s. Hasegawa wasn't "exposed", he just got caught with a massive punch. He was boxing well up until that point.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #173
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's a stupid thing to say, but I expect nothing less from the idiots in the re**** room. What gets me is that 99.9% of Yanks never fight outside of the USA anyway. Jokers.

If he's broke his jaw and there is no immediate rematch, I am demanding that we finally see Darchinyan-Montiel next!
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #174
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
I wish i could say i'm surprised, when i joined the general wasn't as bad and you could have a decent talk about anyone but now everyone seems to be hating a fighter for some reason. Then you get people trying to pick holes in every post because the same poster picked holes in his comments on a thread 2 months ago.

The best threads on the general are the ones no one cares about, I had a great talk one time about Cintron with a guy who used to train him and found out so much more not seen that poster in a long time which is a shame.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #175
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

And then that **** Rushman joined in.Which was fun.
People really cant have a civil conversation on the gf. Completely ruined now. At least there's here and the clasic forum. Do feel sorry for the minority of decent posters on the gf.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum