Who wins ?
Artani is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hill - Arslan at 24 November !

Arslan by midround-TKO,

because hes an awful opponent to fight against, he always comes straight to you and you get never a break, beside that, he had some pop in his hist fists, great stamina, great chin, etc., Hill on the other side on this stage of his career, fights like a 60 years old senior (the last Maske- fight), the Hill from the Brudov-fight would make it close, but I doubt if Hill comes in good shape...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Hill is too old. A prime Hill (even the 175 lb version) would win via a shutout UD, but at this stage Arslan will be a big favourite to win in Germany.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 05:00 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
Arslan overwhels Hill late in the fight. Too much strength and activity at this stage of Hill's career.
I quite agree with you,robson!

Arslan's stamina and activity inside a box ring is truly impressive.I dont think that Hill -at this stage of his career -can cope with that powerhouse.
I will root for Arslan,and I very much hope that after he has won that fight he will give either Lubos Suda or Vadim Tokarev a rematch.
Arslan's encounter with Tokarev was one of the most entertaining and exciting cruiser weight fights I have seen within the last couple of years..
And Suda is the last fighter who beat Arslan.Arslan still has unfinished business with the Czech.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Arslan by midround-TKO,

because hes an awful opponent to fight against, he always comes straight to you and you get never a break, beside that, he had some pop in his hist fists, great stamina, great chin, etc., Hill on the other side on this stage of his career, fights like a 60 years old senior (the last Maske- fight), the Hill from the Brudov-fight would make it close, but I doubt if Hill comes in good shape...
On top of that all Arslan is truly fun to watch due to his style.
His war with Tokarev was an outstanding hightlight at the cruiser weight division a few years ago.
His close wars with Grigory Drozd and Valery Brudov were also highly entertaining and exciting.Arlsan won those fights against all the odds due to his incredible stamina and mental toughness!
Drozd was head and shoulders over Arslan in terms of skills.Nevertheless he couldnt cope with Arslan's mental toughness and warrior's attitude.
Brudov fought tooth and nail offering stiff resistance trying whatever he had to do to win his merciless battle with Arslan,and lost.
I for my part thought that Brudov should have won that fight,but it could have gone either way,and Arlsan was the lucky one to get the decision.
Hill looked like a shot fighter against Henry Maske.He must be called the huge underdog against Firat Arslan.
Arslan is not the most skilled fighter out there,but always fun to watch.
I wish him good luck for his upcomming bout against the old geezer Hill!
I also hope for a rematch with either Lubos Suda or Vadim Tokarev!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I like Arslan! He's a tough guy, with good power and amazing stamina. A real pressure fighter, that's always fun to watch. I saw his last fight against Brudov live, it was a very close one, but I had Arslan winning. I believe he will crush this version of Hill. It's kinda sad because I liked Hill very much, too. He was a great fighter, a HoFer for sure. But that's the way it goes, every fighter gets old sooner or later and has to step aside to make way for the new generation.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #7
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Well considering the fact that Hill just lost to a man who hadn't fought in 10 years I'm gonna take the safe bet and go with Arslan here.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 AM   #8
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict

vCash: 1678

I vote for Arslan.
Serenata is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
I like Arslan! He's a tough guy, with good power and amazing stamina. A real pressure fighter, that's always fun to watch. I saw his last fight against Brudov live, it was a very close one, but I had Arslan winning. I believe he will crush this version of Hill. It's kinda sad because I liked Hill very much, too. He was a great fighter, a HoFer for sure. But that's the way it goes, every fighter gets old sooner or later and has to step aside to make way for the new generation.
I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 pretty close rounds,but wouldnt argue the toss about it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 pretty close rounds,but wouldnt argue the toss about it!
You are wrong, Arslan wins clearly .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
You are wrong, Arslan wins clearly .
No, you're wrong Artani. Arslan did not win clearly. It was a very close fight that could've gone either way. I had Arslan winnig slightly but I can see how others had Brudov ahead.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #12
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
No, you're wrong Artani. Arslan did not win clearly. It was a very close fight that could've gone either way. I had Arslan winnig slightly but I can see how others had Brudov ahead.
Ok Darien watch once again match. Arslan lost some first rounds but later he shows great fight, always makes presuare on Brudov , gives more punches and was agresor in all fight. Clearly two or three rounds won more then Brudov.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Ok Darien watch once again match. Arslan lost some first rounds but later he shows great fight, always makes presuare on Brudov , gives more punches and was agresor in all fight. Clearly two or three rounds won more then Brudov.
Well, it depends on what you like more. If it's the going forward, dictating the pace, and pure agression that you consider more important then Arslan clearly won. But Brudov landed with a much better percentage, he could counter Arslan nicely and blocked most punches. As I said I also had Arslan winnig the bout but I can see how others felt differently. I see your point, too.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #14
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
I had Brudov by a point as well. Darien is right, that fight could have gone either way in my opinion.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i give it to Arslan,either by UD or SD. it is obvious that hill will fight completely than vs. maske but theres not too much he can do against arslan in top shape. ill be there and watch the fight
boxexpert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum