Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #61
gallardo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 367
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo View Post
I recently applied for an American Visa and it is normal for them to ask questions like that. I think one of the questions even asked me if i had ever been involved with or conspired to commit genocide?

I got mine in the end though, because i don't drive like a dick head.
I'm guessing you don't have a name like "Khan" and that your interview didn't last 2hrs.

I was in the US a couple of years ago on a business trip (for a US company I work for). I don't have a criminal record. Not even a parking ticket in my name(!). I got to Chicago airport from London, everything was smiles until the dude looked at my British Passport and noticed by middle name (Muhammed) - then without *any* explanation, I had my passport taken off me and my mobile phone. An armed guard escorted me to an interview room where I was forced to sit for nearly 2 hrs with no explanation as to what had happened - and I wasn't able to tell the people I had travelled with where I was or to wait for me. This was complete bullshit based on nothing but my name. Racist mofo's.

Incidentally, i've come across a lot of other people with Arab sounding middle names that get the same shit. Amir Khan included.

Nothing to do with a speeding offense....trust me.

It's sad but that's the state of America, post 9/11.

I hope this thing gets sorted in time for the AK/PM fight and that the issue hasn't disrupted Khan's training camp too much

Last edited by gallardo; 05-01-2010 at 07:48 AM.
gallardo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #62
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

On Khan's twitter

Hey guys before i go to sleep. i want to clear the air, why im in vancouver? because i need a working visa for fighting in America. The reason i aint got it jus yet and its taken upto a week is, i have a middle eastern name AMIR KHAN. The U.S embassy are doing there job, i read somewhere its because of my criminal records, i have no criminal records the driving matters are all CIVIL not criminal and i have a clean slate, somebody quoted that from goldenboy offices, its not true, you hearing it from me. hopefully it will be all sorted by monday. freddie and sparring partners are with me. Thnks
izmat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #63
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Westhoughton, Lancashire
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

I dont blame the US for being over the top since 9/11 regarding their countries security. But people no Amir Khan, he is hardly going to slip off to attend a terror camp in Oregan without anyone noticing he didnt make the fight is he.
KCD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #64
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmat View Post
On Khan's twitter

Hey guys before i go to sleep. i want to clear the air, why im in vancouver? because i need a working visa for fighting in America. The reason i aint got it jus yet and its taken upto a week is, i have a middle eastern name AMIR KHAN. The U.S embassy are doing there job, i read somewhere its because of my criminal records, i have no criminal records the driving matters are all CIVIL not criminal and i have a clean slate, somebody quoted that from goldenboy offices, its not true, you hearing it from me. hopefully it will be all sorted by monday. freddie and sparring partners are with me. Thnks
Wasnt he banned fom driving? That counts as criminal I think?
under the wire is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #65
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

Khan was convicted of Careless Driving iirc.

It's a criminal offence in the sense that any offence dealt with by the police/courts is a criminal offence. However it is a non-recordable offence, meaning that a person convicted will not have a Police National Computer record and hence no 'criminal record' as a result.

I believe that is what he means.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #66
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Han's Island
Posts: 10,706
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD View Post
I dont blame the US for being over the top since 9/11 regarding their countries security. But people no Amir Khan, he is hardly going to slip off to attend a terror camp in Oregan without anyone noticing he didnt make the fight is he.
i agree man, couldn't they do some research and know who the guy is?
Pretty pathetic.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #67
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Han's Island
Posts: 10,706
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo View Post
I'm guessing you don't have a name like "Khan" and that your interview didn't last 2hrs.

I was in the US a couple of years ago on a business trip (for a US company I work for). I don't have a criminal record. Not even a parking ticket in my name(!). I got to Chicago airport from London, everything was smiles until the dude looked at my British Passport and noticed by middle name (Muhammed) - then without *any* explanation, I had my passport taken off me and my mobile phone. An armed guard escorted me to an interview room where I was forced to sit for nearly 2 hrs with no explanation as to what had happened - and I wasn't able to tell the people I had travelled with where I was or to wait for me. This was complete bullshit based on nothing but my name. Racist mofo's.

Incidentally, i've come across a lot of other people with Arab sounding middle names that get the same shit. Amir Khan included.

Nothing to do with a speeding offense....trust me.

It's sad but that's the state of America, post 9/11.

I hope this thing gets sorted in time for the AK/PM fight and that the issue hasn't disrupted Khan's training camp too much
i get it also, but not so bad! I have an arabic and spanish name, so that gives them a few fits!
Fuk em..

viva chavez!!
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #68
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan stranded In Vancouver US Work Visa Denied

a bit of common sense wouldent hurt, surely theres not much doubt why he's in usa, after 9/11 being a muslim in u,s, might not make him that popular, load of crap anyway, ****ing a fighter about like that before a major fight is disgracefull.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013