Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Colin Lynes- Gianluca Branco for the EBU- title

They fight on November, the 23th, 2007 for Lynes European Light Welterweight Title, I only know that Colin beat in his last fight Young Mutley for the vacant title, can someone tell me something about him? What´s his style for example? Thanks in advance, -Luigi-
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Colin Lynes- Gianluca Branco for the EBU- title

He's got a bit of an eastern european style as he's mainly a jab straight right type of fighter who'll only bring hooks into play when he feels it's safe to do so .

He keeps a tight guard and has very good lateral movement(one of the key points to his defence and why Witter couldn't bomb him out) . His offensive strenght is in his jab , it's fast , accurate and hard . He can be a bit limited going forward due to a reluctancy to throw hooks/uppercuts , but he doesn't really throw those shots that well and knows his limitations in that sense . It's better for him that he's cautious that way , employing a style which is very hard to beat .

He was sick when he lost to Lenny Daws and was retired in the corner while puking .

I think the difference in this fight will be whoever secured home advantage(which is Branco) , once Branco doesn't have too many miles on the clock he should have enough to pull out a close decision win .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lynes looked superb against Morrison and Mutley, but i think Branco is a level above those guys. Im a big Lynes fan and hope he does well, but i havent seen Branco fight. Has Lynes got a good chance here? If he was to win this, he can basically leave the domestic/European scene behind and maybe chase a Witter rematch or Rees.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Branco is better than Muttley and Morrison but Lynes is a seriuos threat at the moment. He managed the full distance against Witter who would take Branco out early so the fight should be good as long as both come to fight.

I can see Branco getting the nod easy (the Italian factor comes in). Lynes will be hard pressed to win, a ko seems very unlikely.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #5
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Branco has been outboxed by Gatti so Lynes could win this.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #6
GABBY
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I remember going to see colin lynes in the nationels when he was about 17, he won mike Jenno in the final, Jenno has just turned pro it was him that stopped MTG a few months back.
GABBY is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #7
bizness
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
They fight on November, the 23th, 2007 for Lynes European Light Welterweight Title, I only know that Colin beat in his last fight Young Mutley for the vacant title, can someone tell me something about him? What´s his style for example? Thanks in advance, -Luigi-
Lynes is very good stand up boxer,he doesnt like fighting on the inside and only really works the jab and one twos,hes hard man to beat tho once he gets into his rythm of jabbing and moving so think if branco jumps on him right away he ll win as lynes isnt that strong but if he tries 2 box him i see colin runnin away with it,this is step up from morrison and mutley but step down from witter so dont think colin will b out his depth.

Last edited by bizness; 10-13-2007 at 04:36 PM.
bizness is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Thx for your friendly answers, guys!
Luigi1985 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum