Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Mayweather-Mosley, The Trainers How Big A Role Will They Play Come Fight Night??

Alright Fellas.

How Big A Role Do You Feel Roger and Brother Naazim will play in this fight?

Obviously some of you predicted Floyd to win and win well. But i know some of you see it a lot closer then that and some even expect a upset.

I like Both trainers but when i watch Floyd fight see Roger keeping it basic and more a less leaving Floyd to use his in ring IQ and his ability to adapt. It has worked wonders but on this night could he be asked to play a bigger role in proceedings.

Brother Naazim a tactical genius and a Legendary Trainer in the making IMO. His corner work is second to none and the fact he's in Mosley's corner has me giving Sugar Shane more of a chance then if his dad was in Corner.

This fight could go down to the wire and rounds could be won by the corner's advice.

This Fight Could Take so many Paths that i wonder how the corners will play it.

I feel if it does turn into a tactical battle Shane's got the man i want in my corner but can he pull off the adaptions and plan Naazim puts to him..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather-Mosley, The Trainers How Big A Role Will They Play Come Fight Night??

none Floyd is just better simply
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Mayweather-Mosley, The Trainers How Big A Role Will They Play Come Fight Night??

I wouldn't say Roger will so much as Naazim, Floyd will make up his own game plan with Roger throwing a few things to him to think about.

Not sold on Naazim being this all known tactician, based on 2 fights really. In 24/7 it backs him up as the trainer he is made out to be but i would like to hear what he is saying when things aren't going his way. His corner work so far has been nothing short of great but everyone seems to be going overboard on him already. This is probably putting me off of him like it does with some fighters. Might be hard to get Mosley to follow a game plan as detailed as the one you would need to beat Floyd.
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
none Floyd is just better simply
Fair Enough
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
I wouldn't say Roger will so much as Naazim, Floyd will make up his own game plan with Roger throwing a few things to him to think about.

Not sold on Naazim being this all known tactician, based on 2 fights really. In 24/7 it backs him up as the trainer he is made out to be but i would like to hear what he is saying when things aren't going his way. His corner work so far has been nothing short of great but everyone seems to be going overboard on him already. This is probably putting me off of him like it does with some fighters. Might be hard to get Mosley to follow a game plan as detailed as the one you would need to beat Floyd.
That's very true about Naazim having most things his own way, Although he isn't in ring, Mayweather will the mother of all tests and he must have his thinking cap on for this one!
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Yeah he is going to have a plan B, C and D It's not Pavlik or Marg his fighter is up against this time.

This fight will really make people sit up and take notice of Naazim (not just go ape shit over a good game plan), is there any other fighters he trains besides B-Hop, Mosley and Allen? Would like to see more of him but he seems a bit selective of who he trains.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Yeah he is going to have a plan B, C and D It's not Pavlik or Marg his fighter is up against this time.

This fight will really make people sit up and take notice of Naazim (not just go ape shit over a good game plan), is there any other fighters he trains besides B-Hop, Mosley and Allen? Would like to see more of him but he seems a bit selective of who he trains.
Yeah as much as i'm a fan this will make or break Naazim.

He does seem selective when you put it likes that, especially for a guy who still making his name.

That's a reason why i was interested in Rock Allen his son, wanted to see how good he was. Heard he had good jab and is good fundamentally. When Naazim talks though his knowledge is fantastic and insight. I think he will be game come fight night.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

We've already seen how much Nazim can help shane in that Margarito fight because even though i believe Shane beats Margarito without Nazim, I've always said he gets hit a helluva lot more, gets drawn into a brawl therefore increasing Margarito's chances. Nazim will help from a strategic point and give Shane a gameplan and more importantly help him stick to it when it gets rough. We all know Shane is not the best of tacticians and thats where Nazim will play his part because no one can tell me Nazim is not an astute trainer.

On the other side, I don't think Roger comes into play much. I've never rated him that highly as a trainer/strategist, i think like LHL said Floyd adapts on his own in his fights. I've never heard Roger say anything profound to Floyd in a fight other than "beat this motherf*cker". Lol.

I see Shane hitting hips, shoulders, going low, fighting dirty, clinching a lot, walking into shots to get his own off, getting the better of Floyd in the booth, outworking lil Floyd and having the atheticism to carry out the plan needed to beat Mayweather. I really think people are gonna be shocked here. Shane wins and we get a rematch.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Not that much. I think trainers are sometimes overstated. Over a fighters career in the gym they have a big impact, but on fight night I don't think its a large factor. They can only be a factor if the fight is 1) close and 2) the fighter is actually capable of implementing what he asks for, which is also dependent on his opponent.

I have to shake my head when I hear and see images of Jose Mourinho shouting and screaming, cameras panning onto him, his name mentioned everytime the game is mentioned about Jose Mourinho 'masterminding' Inter into the final. Were there 11 Jose Mourinho's on the pitch?

Maybe that rant was irrelevant but I do feel managers/coaches impact during the actual competition taking place is limited.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

I remember watching Allen when he first came about. Not sure if it was him being hyped by commentators about being with Golden Boy under the advisement of B-Hop or he didn't preform but i was left a bit underwhelmed. The way they were talking he was the next great thing. Didn't really take notice of Naazim in the corner if he was there, i usually don't unless the fighter impresses. I haven't seen Allen in a good while now think he has been on more un-televised undercards recently.

I love his Philly analogies in the corner he says some random stuff then when you think about it you get it Can't wait to hear what he has planned for Mayweather and I'm a 100% sure if Shane isn't doing what he is saying he will be telling the game plan to the world. Even if Shane doesn't win he can still make himself look extremely good.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

naazim richardson is getting bummed too much

Floyd is a better boxer therefore will win
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I think some have misunderstood my OP. I'm only asking how much of a role they will play not who will win.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

I think there's potential for fall out in Mayweather's corner if things don't go his way.

I can see Roger/Floyd falling out with Floyd Sr trying to get involved. And Ellerbe standing by with an awkward smile.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #14
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Not that much. I think trainers are sometimes overstated. Over a fighters career in the gym they have a big impact, but on fight night I don't think its a large factor. They can only be a factor if the fight is 1) close and 2) the fighter is actually capable of implementing what he asks for, which is also dependent on his opponent.

I have to shake my head when I hear and see images of Jose Mourinho shouting and screaming, cameras panning onto him, his name mentioned everytime the game is mentioned about Jose Mourinho 'masterminding' Inter into the final. Were there 11 Jose Mourinho's on the pitch?

Maybe that rant was irrelevant but I do feel managers/coaches impact during the actual competition taking place is limited.

I agree, the "cult of the trainer" is overstated on fight night.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
sg85
Bang on the chan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

The trainers will play no role whatsoever... unless Mosley hits Floyd with a low blow and Roger jumps in the ring again, then i fancy Naazim to get in and uppercut roger back over the ropes.
sg85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum