boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #16
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I know Shanes gameplan! Here it is!

Ok i see it like this IMO.

-Mosley will look to edge way into range by feinting and moving head

-He knows that if he stands at range posing he will be potshotted so he must either look to work Mayweather onto back foot or move off at angle and restart his attack.

-The jab has to be used no matter how much people say his jab's not really a point scorer on this night Shane has to use the fundamentals.

-He cannot allow Mayweather to feel comfortable. Cannot allow him to set his feet and use them as launch pad to potshot and steal rounds. He needs to force Mayweather back with agressive combinations and yes he will take one or two in return but that's the gamble you take when you know your fighting a counter punching genius.

-He will look draw Mayweather's lead a few times and then burst in with a high volume of shots. Looking to Mix his Artillery Straight Shots and Looping Shots. Wide Shots have to be so crisp otherwise he will be hit and hurt IMO.

-Once You get Close Mayweather looks to bend down and bend the rules as much as he can by ducking real low...look to throw the jab as he comes back up right hand. Just stay on top of him, I'd love for someone to work around him and confuse Floyd and not stand there waiting for him to make next move.

-I noticed in clips of the De La Hoya fight Floyd was Backed up easier then i thought. Shane once you get Floyd there...gotta go old school son...gotta take him to the old school teachings of the sweet science.

-Ram your glove between is guard if he squares body up and wedge a gap..ram a right hand through..and look to loop and hook him but don't stand directly in front of him. Look to move feet around him and loop right over top. I actually fancy Shane to have some success when Floyd's on the ropes if he can maintain a high sharp volume of punches.

Now my big worry for Shane...how long can he keep up a work rate...he may have to start fast and then have a round off and come again. He must pick the right times to use high bursts.

Marquez at times caught Floyd, Maybe it was just rust but i think Shane can land some hard shots

This fight IMO will be down ultimately down to What You Like...

Effective Aggression vs Savvy Slick Skills With More Quality then Quantity.

Last edited by Mandanda; 05-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #17
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

mosley late stoppage
maka is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he should copy de la hoys game plan he had his number till he got tired
Robert is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #19
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Not seen 24/7 who is in Floyds corner? Roger and FM senior?

I think I remember him saying "having my dad in the corner"... of something like that... wouldn't stake the house on it though.

Perhaps both of them...
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Lampley said to Floyd Snr...''Your son will need a trainer as early as next summer'' Looks like Roger's final few fights.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #21
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

my take on the gameplan

from OTG boxing

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. “Sugar” Shane Mosley is a bout that has seemingly always been talked about, by fans and insiders alike. The match-up is an intriguing one; both men are physical specimens, and have both sat atop the mythical ‘Pound for Pound’ throne. Both superstars have campaigned successfully in all divisions from lightweight to light middleweight (with Floyd competing in the super featherweight division during his early years); capturing 11 titles; chalking up a mind-boggling 86 victories and recording 64 knockouts between them. Finally, they meet to settle which one of them is the better man.

Floyd Joy Sinclair, was taught the rudiments of boxing from the age in which he could stand up. At the age most infants are learning to ride a bike he was throwing fluid ten punch combinations as well as some professionals. He was built to box, and to do successfully.

Mayweather, as he would come to be known, is the best defensive fighter in boxing today. He is a technician. He figures out his opponents then bewilders them with his speed and style. Once a smooth and busy boxer-puncher, Mayweather has developed a more defensive and arguably harder to figure out approach. His brilliance has carried him to victories over names such as; Gennaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo (twice), Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Oscar de la Hoya, Ricky Hatton and most recently Juan Manuel Marquez.

Despite his fairly impressive list of victims, Floyd has not proven his God-given talents against the caliber of opponents his skills require. For many he has the potential to be regarded as an ‘All-Time Great,’ but has failed to prove himself as such by beating other great fighters. Now he has his chance.

Shane Mosley – the quintessential ‘old school’ fighter. Mosley is a man who ripped through the lightweight division before conquering the welterweight and light middleweight divisions. He has faced everyone worthwhile in a talent rich era. His defining moment was moving up to welterweight and defeating Oscar de la Hoya. After battling equally for six rounds Mosley turned it on during the second half of the fight. He pulled out an astonishing victory, which started a memorable run in the welterweight and light middleweight divisions.

Mosley has been defeated five times during his career, but the losses were all against men who nobody else wanted to face. Among them; the late but great Vernon Forrest (twice), light middleweight staple Ronald “Winky” Wright (twice), and the then-fearsome and spectacular Miguel Cotto. The defeats to the late Vernon Forrest were during the period when Mosley ruled the welterweights, but there should be credit giving to him for accepting the challenge of this avoided and deserving fighter.

The losses to Wright were at light middleweight against another avoided danger-man. Each time Mosley immediately rematched each man, and was defeated again in narrow decision losses. The defeat to Cotto was his most recent loss, but Mosley has gone on to beat the ‘Cotto-conqueror’ – Antonio Margarito in his last fight. Mosley outclassed the iron man from Mexico for 9 rounds before sensationally stopping him.

Mosley is a fast handed, but not nearly as fast-footed, boxer-dazzler. He uses a light jab to bust his way into mid-range and ‘dazzle’ away with rapid fire combinations. Mosley is adept at using angles to confuse his opponent, which has enhanced his reputation stylistically speaking as a boxer, regardless of the label’s accuracy.

Mosley has continued to show strength and has refined his skill set under world renowned trainer Nazim Richardson. In this bout Mosley looks to prove his claims of greatness.

The Key’s To Victory

Floyd Mayweather

* Mayweather needs to establish his rhythm early. His jab is the key and he’ll have to find the distance. Once he has finds the distance and timing, Mayweather is in full control. He can then accurately find and strike his target. This also stops Mosley from establishing an early rhythm. Also, Floyd should look to get Mosley’s respect early as Vernon Forrest did. The strategy of Forrest resulted in Mosley fighting cautiously.
* Keep focused and maintain control. Too many times in a bout Mayweather looks to coast by, backing himself voluntarily to the ropes and the corners and looking to rely on his defense. This gives Mosley his best opportunity.
* Mayweather NEEDS to keep the bout in the middle of the ring and long range where he does his best work. In the middle of the ring he can maximixe his hand and foot speed, and step in with his long left hooks and lead rights. After all, Mosley was picked apart by Forrest in the middle of the ring from long range. If Mayweather gives up this territory or settles into a different zone, he is in trouble! On the ropes Mayweather can be overwhelmed and tends to let his offense shut down.
* Use lateral movement. This is an obvious, but often overlooked piece of advice. When Mosley brings his attack forward he sets his feet to throw mid-range flurries, if Mayweather takes a step to the side Mosley has to reset his feet. With Mayweather’s speed advantage he can constantly make Mosley reset. Mayweather showed good lateral movement against Juan Manuel Marquez, he needs to build on that.

Shane Mosley

* Bully Mayweather into the ropes. In doing this Mosley forces Mayweather into the kind of fight he can win. If he can dictate the range and tempo of the bout he can take Mayweather out of his comfort zone. Mosley’s strength advantage will be uncomfortable for Mayweather to deal with, as was the case against Oscar de La Hoya. De la Hoya’s strength advantage pinned Mayweather, who was unable to find escape routes.

Mosley has to be clever, he cannot just charge in like Ricky Hatton. Mosley has to set up his advances and rushes with clever feints, and an even more intelligent jab.

De la Hoya was able to get Mayweather to the ropes with a stiff jab to the chest, and Mosley displayed an excellent “jab to the chest” against Antonio Margarito. However, Mosley did have the luxury of facing a Margarito that was not even trying to defend himself. Mayweather won’t be as easy, as he will be parrying that jab and stepping outside it. De la Hoya only was successful in negating the tactic when he stepped in behind the jab, and hit Mayweather with enough authority to “push him back.” Mosley is not renowned for a strong jab so he better have learned it.

The other method of getting Mayweather to the ropes is with a “serpentine-like” motion. Again, de la Hoya is the example. He was able to feint a movement forward using his feet and upper body, then pull back and swiftly step in with his jab. This is the method Mosley should adopt. With Mosley’s speed and reflexes he should be able to pull it off with success.

* Getting Mayweather to the ropes is one challenge, being successful while there is another. Hatton was able to get Mayweather on the ropes but could not capitalize on it by loading up his punches. De la Hoya and Jose Luis Castillo on the other hand, had more success by letting their hands go against the pinned Mayweather.

Mosley has to get in and let his hands fly, with swift combinations and flurries. By throwing combinations that keep Mayweather busy defend against these intrusions he won’t be able to fire back with his own punches.

Mosley should stand in close and let his hands go with his trademark blurring flurries. He should modify his approach to flurry, step back into his optimal (mid-range) distance and let go of a few hurtful punches. After each instance he should either hold Mayweather, or retreat and get his energy back.

This strategy is supported by Sky commentator and former WBC Lightweight Champion of the World Jim Watt, who stated that he thought to beat Mayweather you should box,

“In ten/fifteen second flurries and make sure your punches are in bunches.”

Watt was talking about the de la Hoya fight, but his advice is still relevant as these flurries and combos keep Mayweather busy, and briefly short-circuit his offensive machinery.

* Mosley can be successful by; closing down Mayweather’s space, limiting his angles and by keeping him busy. This is particularly important, as Mosley does not have the technical skills to outbox Mayweather.

Perhaps the corners have different plans set for their men, nonetheless it will be fascinating to see how Team Mosley tackles the Mayweather conundrum. Whatever happens, boxing fans are in for an intriguing fight.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

If Floyd comes in the ring carrying a towel, Mosley should be alright.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum