Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #31
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: i have a bad feeling

Hopefully the greatest fighter of our era will start to get the respect he deserves. This was a more dangerous fighter than Pacman. Mosley would knockout Pacman.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #32
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Hopefully the greatest fighter of our era will start to get the respect he deserves. This was a more dangerous fighter than Pacman. Mosley would knockout Pacman.
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #33
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Without wanting to sound like I'm rubbing salt in the wounds (coz I'm not). What did you personally think of that tonight ?
Seeing as you profess to know me so well, I'll let you tell me.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #34
loginistooshort
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Half of that post was plausible. The rest of is was bullshit.
loginistooshort is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #35
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
Seeing as you profess to know me so well, I'll let you tell me.
You're an arrogant prick.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #36
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You're an arrogant prick.
Nah, you just have an inferiority complex. You also seem very angry and are quick to lash out when you don't get your way. Not that it's of much consequence to me, but an interesting observation nonetheless.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #37
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Nah, you just have an inferiority complex. You also seem very angry and are quick to lash out when you don't get your way. Not that it's of much consequence to me, but an interesting observation nonetheless.
Why ? I was genuinely interested in what you thought on the matter considering that you had spent so much time deliberating over who would win and you came to the conclusion that a Mosley stoppage was on the cards ? We know you don't like Floyd (although i've see you post today that your willing to just ignore his antics outside of the ring).

And as for 'lashing out' when I don't get my own way, I feel I was justified in calling you an arrogant prick. You was asked a simple question and I even went out of my way to highlight the point that I wasn't being sarcastic about it either, and yet you still managed to be a prick about it. This isn't the first time i've mentioned it to you so I stand by my comments

Now Floyd if you will ?
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well he was brilliant wasn't he? Only a cunt would say otherwise. Pac's the only guy I give a chance of beating him from 147 to 160. I used to think Williams would beat him, but not after last night. I was so impressed with his power, he could have stopped Shane imo.

I genuinely thought Shane was going to be able to pressure him enough with jabs to the chest and right hands to force a late stoppage. Instead we got a masterclass from Floyd who stood with Shane (which I didn't think he would do) and made Shane look ordinary. He even showed grit by coming back from that dodgy round two where he admits he was hurt. He adjusted and Shane never came close to landing the right again.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #39
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well he was brilliant wasn't he? Only a cunt would say otherwise. Pac's the only guy I give a chance of beating him from 147 to 160. I used to think Williams would beat him, but not after last night. I was so impressed with his power, he could have stopped Shane imo.

I genuinely thought Shane was going to be able to pressure him enough with jabs to the chest and right hands to force a late stoppage. Instead we got a masterclass from Floyd who stood with Shane (which I didn't think he would do) and made Shane look ordinary. He even showed grit by coming back from that dodgy round two where he admits he was hurt. He adjusted and Shane never came close to landing the right again.
See i've been saying for a while now that we'll see a different side to Floyd in the ring from here on out. I genuinely feel that he will be more attck minded. I dont think he liked the way Manny has come out since he retired and basically done on job on all before him. I think Manny has inadvertedly brought the best out in him.

We know how much Floyd loves his status as P4P No.1 and I believe seeing Manny rip that away from him has bothered him. I think if we do get to see them fight that Floyd would stop Manny too, but out of everyone Manny definitely has the best tools to beat him. He won't plod along after Floyd like Mosely did, and his jab would be much more effective
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #40
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
See i've been saying for a while now that we'll see a different side to Floyd in the ring from here on out. I genuinely feel that he will be more attck minded. I dont think he liked the way Manny has come out since he retired and basically done on job on all before him. I think Manny has inadvertedly brought the best out in him.

We know how much Floyd loves his status as P4P No.1 and I believe seeing Manny rip that away from him has bothered him. I think if we do get to see them fight that Floyd would stop Manny too, but out of everyone Manny definitely has the best tools to beat him. He won't plod along after Floyd like Mosely did, and his jab would be much more effective
What's interesting is that it's clear Floyd badly wants the fight. Let's hope a deal can be made. As you say, both offer stylistic issues to the other. Manny wouldn't become discouraged like Shane either, Manny's will to win is quite formidable. Before last night, I would have picked Manny to win a UD, now I'm not so sure.

One thing I will say is that Manny's output is prodigious and there's a chance he could overwhelm Floyd with punches. Not to knock him out, but win rounds when Floyd isn't throwing. It will be fascinating to see what tactics Floyd would use against Manny.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pacman obviously does not want the fight. Guarantee if the fight ever happens PBF will **** up Pacman big time and retire him.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #42
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Olu, Mayweather was the one that brought in the deal-breaking stipulations. That's just a cold-hard fact. He was unwilling to meet in the middle when he made those stipulations in the first place.

Most reasonable people agreed with Manny's position. If Mayweather was genuinely up for the fight, why did he bring the PED angle into it? There is no evidence to suggest Pac is juicing.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #43
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Olu, Mayweather was the one that brought in the deal-breaking stipulations. That's just a cold-hard fact. He was unwilling to meet in the middle when he made those stipulations in the first place.

Most reasonable people agreed with Manny's position. If Mayweather was genuinely up for the fight, why did he bring the PED angle into it? There is no evidence to suggest Pac is juicing.
PBF was prepared to compromise at 14 days before the fight. Pacman is a punk. Fancy turning down $40 Million pay day because he won't take blood tests. If he had nothing to hide then be a bloody man take the blood tests to ensure there io is a level playing field. If not PBF will go on to take care of bigger challenges such as Sergio Martinez for the 160 pounds title and Paul Williams.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #44
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What's interesting is that it's clear Floyd badly wants the fight. Let's hope a deal can be made. As you say, both offer stylistic issues to the other. Manny wouldn't become discouraged like Shane either, Manny's will to win is quite formidable. Before last night, I would have picked Manny to win a UD, now I'm not so sure.

One thing I will say is that Manny's output is prodigious and there's a chance he could overwhelm Floyd with punches. Not to knock him out, but win rounds when Floyd isn't throwing. It will be fascinating to see what tactics Floyd would use against Manny.
Pacman has to many flaws which PBF will exploit. If he thought fights with Marquez and Morales 1 were tough then he is in for a rude awakening should the fight happen. If Arum wants to keep his cash cow then put him in with Margarito not PBF.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #45
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The Shane fight didn't prove much toward a Manny meet up sadly except that Floyd is annoyingly technically brilliant but he CAN be hurt
Guy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum