Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

dumm de dumm.....you cant read this unless you click here to read the news.










smith beat banks by a very close sliver thin decision..and becuase of that he wont be in the semi final smitty sorry to ya
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

I think Banks has better experience and has shown more than guys like Alexander, Johnsen, Vera and that short stocky Mexican. They simply aren't very good.

The top 4 are who you expected, except Johnson. Smith should be there instead. That guy simply isn't very good. Had Smith been there it would have been the best 4 guys.

Its a shame because experience against Bika, Codrington and Soliman is invaluable. I think Smith could have had the beating of them.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I think Banks has better experience and has shown more than guys like Alexander, Johnsen, Vera and that short stocky Mexican. They simply aren't very good.

The top 4 are who you expected, except Johnson. Smith should be there instead. That guy simply isn't very good. Had Smith been there it would have been the best 4 guys.

Its a shame because experience against Bika, Codrington and Soliman is invaluable. I think Smith could have had the beating of them.
And what country are you from again? Just kidding.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
And what country are you from again? Just kidding.


I'm being honest. Vera found a home for his punches with Codrington and Codrington was hurt and forced to keep an eye on his defence. Vera is pretty rubbish.

Bika and Soliman have real strong points...
Bika - strength and even power
Soliman - stamina and durability
...BUT technically they leave ALOT to be desired.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat


I'm being honest. Vera found a home for his punches with Codrington and Codrington was hurt and forced to keep an eye on his defence. Vera is pretty rubbish.

Bika and Soliman have real strong points...
Bika - strength and even power
Soliman - stamina and durability
...BUT technically they leave ALOT to be desired.
I agree with that, but that is not everything.
I think Smith with the right preparation could beat Soliman, whose best asset is his "strange" boxing style. Have you seen Mundine-Soliman II? That match showed what happens when a stronger fighter knows what Soliman is coming in with. It is the same reason why I think Bika will beat Soliman in their rematch, he won't be surprised this time.
I still don't see how Smith, who don't belong at 168 in the first place, would beat Codrington or Bika though. I could even see Codrington KO'ing Smith depending on his chin.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
I agree with that, but that is not everything.
I think Smith with the right preparation could beat Soliman, whose best asset is his "strange" boxing style. Have you seen Mundine-Soliman II? That match showed what happens when a stronger fighter knows what Soliman is coming in with. It is the same reason why I think Bika will beat Soliman in their rematch, he won't be surprised this time.
I still don't see how Smith, who don't belong at 168 in the first place, would beat Codrington or Bika though. I could even see Codrington KO'ing Smith depending on his chin.
the only guy who i could see beating smith was bika
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

This is by far the worst Contender series. Despite the obvious advantages of ditching duel clowns Gallagher and ***** Stallone, even this is outweighed by the appalling format resulting in the number of fights being HALVED, some contestants being eliminated from a boxing tournament without actually boxing(?????) and one first round winner being eliminated for not winning 'well enough'!!! Pure garbage this time around
David UK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
I agree with that, but that is not everything.
I think Smith with the right preparation could beat Soliman, whose best asset is his "strange" boxing style. Have you seen Mundine-Soliman II? That match showed what happens when a stronger fighter knows what Soliman is coming in with. It is the same reason why I think Bika will beat Soliman in their rematch, he won't be surprised this time.
I still don't see how Smith, who don't belong at 168 in the first place, would beat Codrington or Bika though. I could even see Codrington KO'ing Smith depending on his chin.
I haven't seen the rematch but I want to because apparently Soliman got hurt up.

Soliman is awkward but a technically sound fighter who is smart will and should rip him a new one. He is however like an energizer bunny and thats a bitch.

I agree with what you are saying.

Codrington is a skinny runt and Smith would look to jump on him. Vera is pretty shit and a poor mans Paul Smith.

Bika is strong as **** but hes a robot. If Calzaghe and Bute needed to use intelligence then Paul Smith sure as hell does.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
This is by far the worst Contender series. Despite the obvious advantages of ditching duel clowns Gallagher and ***** Stallone, even this is outweighed by the appalling format resulting in the number of fights being HALVED, some contestants being eliminated from a boxing tournament without actually boxing(?????) and one first round winner being eliminated for not winning 'well enough'!!! Pure garbage this time around
1. How can someone get eliminated without having boxed?;

2. How can someone get eliminated for not winning well enough?;

This contender sounds like a corrupt TV advert rather than a fair contest, how embarrassing.

It seems certain promoters have brought this programme.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Watched the Smith one on ESPN's site.

His aggressive style kicks ass.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #11
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat


I'm being honest. Vera found a home for his punches with Codrington and Codrington was hurt and forced to keep an eye on his defence. Vera is pretty rubbish.

Bika and Soliman have real strong points...
Bika - strength and even power
Soliman - stamina and durability
...BUT technically they leave ALOT to be desired.
so agreed i saw him fight samuel miller a columbian in the miranda style of fighting, of firing roundhouses and crooked jabs to beat men up.

vera used his better boxing abilty(which wasnt much) and totally got out gunned and looked horrible.

he then fought darnell boone (who is one of my fav journeyman i watched 3 and a bit fights of his simon, pascal, the end of jameson and vera)..very good combo's very hard to hit just has little ko power he can bang a bit if he plants his feet but isnt flatening peeps soon or a decent manger to get him some ops and some dead ends to work with...

anyways vera fought him and looked awful and lost the first few rounds by boones lok away style...till vera seemed to just throw meaningless shots which were missing but he didnt styop throwing to boones flicking jab which was almost always landing and won the judges favor...won the fight and should of got the nod but it was very close to beaing a robbery.


and codrington knocked him all over the place literely.


also bank$ i have heard should of won the fight because his early work but in a 5 round fight early work is just a drop in the ocean.

i like banks and smitty both have talent in different ways.

Last edited by Slothrop; 07-30-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Watched the Smith one on ESPN's site.

His aggressive style kicks ass.
Smith is aggresive but he doesnt box clever.As for Banks the guy is a big girls blouse. He has as much pop as a can opener and his chin isnt saying much either.He likes to box cute and pretty but doesnt put anything on his punches. Smith should have walked him down and walked through him.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #13
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

He put enough on his shots to hurt Banks at times. The Majority of his wins are by stoppage so he has some power.

Don't see no problems with his chin yet, he's not gone down yet.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Randsom
1. How can someone get eliminated without having boxed?;

2. How can someone get eliminated for not winning well enough?;

This contender sounds like a corrupt TV advert rather than a fair contest, how embarrassing.

It seems certain promoters have brought this programme.
spot on

to justify the the 5 round shite and points shit they should have a group stage then ko stages

amateurs still have tournanments likes this why can't pro's
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #15
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: paul smith news from the contender. #**SNEAK PEEK#

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Smith should have walked him down and walked through him.
Agreed but it is a 5 round fight. Thats like an amateur out when you are a 10-12 round pro. Banks does have good handspeed and to slow him down is going to take a few rounds.

The highlights showed a good Smith but one who doesn't do what he usually does. What I've seen of Smith suggests he'll mutliate your ribs.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013