Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
colinthfc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,228
vCash: 289
Default Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

An Autumn fight at Wembley stadium could appeal to Floyd if he cannot get Pac on his terms.
colinthfc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Khan is nowhere near ready for such a fight. I doubt he ever will be. Floyd is a once every generation type of boxer. Im sure Khan would be up for it though
kerrminator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
namsu55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 785
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

You'll be surprised about his Asian family. Once they see the 's they will take the fight and perhaps retire.
namsu55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Khan wants the winner of Floyd v Pac when they have past their prime.

Maybe in 2015
Guy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Everything in Retro???
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 2266
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Can not see Mayweather risking himself in this fight.
NSFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #6
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Everything in Retro???
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 2266
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Holy shit look at my vcash....that ain't a good sign....
NSFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
namsu55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 785
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Khan wants the winner of Floyd v Pac when they have past their prime.

Maybe in 2015
Khan should keep it shut and proceed in this order. Maidana, Alexander and then Bradley. Then he can say what he likes and fight who he likes and retire.
namsu55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #8
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Khan wouldn't generate the revenue.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #9
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Khan wouldn't generate the revenue.
I can only think of two names that would generate the type of revenue Mayweather wants, and Khan isn't one of them. This is a problem for Team Mayweather.

However, Khan should take the fight if he gets the chance. Even if he lost, so what, its Floyd Mayweather.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #10
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Pac has now said he is willing to go as far as a 14 day cut off period. Previously he was adamant he would not be tested within 24 days of the fight. I think Pac-Mayweather will happen.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Pac has now said he is willing to go as far as a 14 day cut off period. Previously he was adamant he would not be tested within 24 days of the fight. I think Pac-Mayweather will happen.
i hope so. it will be awesome. both have got wat it takes it beat each other
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 AM   #12
bigheadboxing
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 20
vCash: 143
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
Can not see Mayweather risking himself in this fight.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm. Mayweather's more likely to have a go at Martinez. Khan isn't even on his radar.
bigheadboxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #13
Roberto
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bolton
Posts: 407
vCash: 2600
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Khan wouldn't generate the revenue.
I'm not so sure you know, it depends what happens against Malignaggi. If Khan makes short work of him then a match up with Mayweather would generate a fair buzz.

A lot of people would be saying things along the lines of 'Khan's young, fast, powerful and a good finisher, especially early on, and Mosley wobbled Floyd in round 2...'

All the Floyd fans and hardcore boxing fans would watch him fight anyone, and everyone else pretty much just tunes in hoping to see him lose. Against Khan there's the chance of not only seeing him lose but seeing him get wiped out early in spectacular fashion. It'd be all about the marketing.

Personally I'd be expecting Khan to get beaten, but there would be just enough doubt to get me well excited about the fight.

Khan TKO1 Mayweather - imagine that!
Roberto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
A lot of people would be saying things along the lines of 'Khan's young, fast, powerful and a good finisher, especially early on, and Mosley wobbled Floyd in round 2...
Then the nurse would come round and give them their medication
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does the Pacman blood dispute mean an opportunity for Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
I'm not so sure you know, it depends what happens against Malignaggi. If Khan makes short work of him then a match up with Mayweather would generate a fair buzz.

A lot of people would be saying things along the lines of 'Khan's young, fast, powerful and a good finisher, especially early on, and Mosley wobbled Floyd in round 2...'

All the Floyd fans and hardcore boxing fans would watch him fight anyone, and everyone else pretty much just tunes in hoping to see him lose. Against Khan there's the chance of not only seeing him lose but seeing him get wiped out early in spectacular fashion. It'd be all about the marketing.

Personally I'd be expecting Khan to get beaten, but there would be just enough doubt to get me well excited about the fight.

Khan TKO1 Mayweather - imagine that!
are u for real. khan wud have no chance and if mayweather started off as quick against khan as he did mosley it'll be an early bath for khan maybe even just 3 or 4 rounds
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013