Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What next for ******s stable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
what are you on about. Do you think Burns would be any where near getting a title fight with another promoter???

He has won the purse bids and has a deal in place, just waiting for Martinez to come through his next fight.
what the **** are you on a bout knob ?

he was supposed to fight him this time around but instead martinez is defending his title at home at the end of may.why is he not fighting burns instead? why is burns having to wait ?
that is what im on about ya ****ing clown.

now away and put your bonnet on and pretend to be an east end gangster
alba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post

he was supposed to fight him this time around but instead martinez is defending his title at home at the end of may.why is he not fighting burns instead? why is burns having to wait ?

Rob's got a point.
Yes the last few months must've been very frustrating for Burns, but let's face it, beating Graham Earl many, many moons ago & a shot Gomez does not merit a number 1 ranking with any of the organisations, even the WBO. If Ricky Burns was with any other promoter I doubt he'd be in the top forty of any of the major governing bodies.
And let's face it he's not the first ****** fighter who's had to wait for his shot; Jennings, Lockett & Mitchell have all had to wait for world title shots despite enjoying elevated rankings for a lengthy period of time.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
dondada
Contender
ESB Senior Member

****** fighters appear to be, based on statistical evidence over the years, favoured by the WBO over other governing bodies. Startlingly so.

Hence this case in point.

But alba is right - ******'s lot give it the big un on their website about Burns close to getting a shot in Glasgow...then nothing. They don't even tell Burns' fans what's happening.
dondada is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

calm down.

I rate Burns as a fighter but the fact he is ranked in the top 10 by any organisation is crazy. ****** has done a fantastic job with him. Got him the Commonwealth title, and has had him headlining shows, before he teamed up with ****** he was a level above journeyman.

when you get to world level its difficult to put these fights together. Martinez can say what he wants about being offered peanuts, the fact is the purse bids were awarded to ****** so he will have to defend against Burns soon enough.

if Burns win a world title in scotland this year, it will be down to hard work from Ricky and his trainer, but not even the most deluded die hard Burns fan could say ****** had not done miracle work to get him the fight in the first place.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Has anyone actually checked out the Super Featherweight ranks because that division stinks there really aren't many better deserving contenders than Ricky Burns, don't get me wrong #1 is a bit generous but he deserves a ranking.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #21
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
Has anyone actually checked out the Super Featherweight ranks because that division stinks there really aren't many better deserving contenders than Ricky Burns, don't get me wrong #1 is a bit generous but he deserves a ranking.
There's at least 30 fighters that should be ranked ahead of Burns. Not a slate towards him, but all he has on his record is a win over a shot Gomez, was average against O'Hara (who you could argue wasn't even in the top 5 domestically) and beat Graham Earl 5 years ago (and that still stands as his best win).
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #22
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
im no going n to mince my words here billy,he could provide but he has let down Ricky burns .he has promised him a world title shot and yet he has not delivered ...all this about martinez title shot etc.if the situation arose were he couldent get ricky a title shot,why did he not get an interim title shot?yes ****** is the biggest but he is letting ricky down i think in the short term
boxing is long term we'd rather wait a few more months than never get the chance to win a world title,when we do get the chance we will take it with both hands then the minor delay will be well worth it won't it?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #23
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
calm down.

I rate Burns as a fighter but the fact he is ranked in the top 10 by any organisation is crazy. ****** has done a fantastic job with him. Got him the Commonwealth title, and has had him headlining shows, before he teamed up with ****** he was a level above journeyman.

when you get to world level its difficult to put these fights together. Martinez can say what he wants about being offered peanuts, the fact is the purse bids were awarded to ****** so he will have to defend against Burns soon enough.

if Burns win a world title in scotland this year, it will be down to hard work from Ricky and his trainer, but not even the most deluded die hard Burns fan could say ****** had not done miracle work to get him the fight in the first place.
i agree with you rob,frank has done a great job with ricky and to be perfectly fair to frank he's kept ricky up to date at all times.we will be fighting martinez during the summer in glasgow and rickys got a fight on kevin mitchells undercard. to say he was just above journeyman was harsh he just needed a better coach which hes now got lol
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 AM   #24
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
boxing is long term we'd rather wait a few more months than never get the chance to win a world title,when we do get the chance we will take it with both hands then the minor delay will be well worth it won't it?
i understand what your saying but why did ian axon do an article on FW website about it .they usually only do that if there is a fight coming up soon ,not 6 months later.
alba is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #25
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Super Featherweight is the worst division by a long way. Ricky would have a shot at winning and holding onto the WBO title for a long time. could also see him unifying as its so poor.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #26
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Super Featherweight is the worst division by a long way. Ricky would have a shot at winning and holding onto the WBO title for a long time. could also see him unifying as its so poor.

your being harsh on burns there,your basically saying he would only win a world belt cause the division is crap .not acknowledging the guys skills,but if the guy was english youd be cumming your pants over him .

racist.
alba is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #27
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
i understand what your saying but why did ian axon do an article on FW website about it .they usually only do that if there is a fight coming up soon ,not 6 months later.
the only reason ricky hasn't fought martinez yet for simply because there was no avalible TV dates
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #28
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
the only reason ricky hasn't fought martinez yet for simply because there was no avalible TV dates

that makes sense Billy ,now i understand why it hasent happend.Given that Sky have the monopoly on boxing it makes sense... cheers billy hope your well ,Gary
alba is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #29
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
your being harsh on burns there,your basically saying he would only win a world belt cause the division is crap .not acknowledging the guys skills,but if the guy was english youd be cumming your pants over him .

racist.
your just making yourself look dumb now. I never show faviourtism to a boxer i only do that based on country in team sports.

you should not make such serious accusations over something so petty. Calling me a racist makes a mockery of anyone that has genuinley been racially abused in there life. you have shown yourself up in this thread as a complete fool and I wont being respecting or taking notice of your opinions in the future.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #30
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
your just making yourself look dumb now. I never show faviourtism to a boxer i only do that based on country in team sports.

you should not make such serious accusations over something so petty. Calling me a racist makes a mockery of anyone that has genuinley been racially abused in there life. you have shown yourself up in this thread as a complete fool and I wont being respecting or taking notice of your opinions in the future.
Did you manage to find that link showing that Prizefighter gets three times the amount of viewers of a normal FFN?

I'm genuinely interested.
Grant1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum