Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #46
joeh2701
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What next for ******s stable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
For the record Rob i dont think your racist or hate scottish fighters .i know you rate burns and limond and dont give a **** about nationality

i know your not racist and i fabricated the whole isle of man thing and white famer comment .i done as i am bored and off school (well the last part is wrong,im off work )

i love you rob,your like a brother to me
dick.
joeh2701 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #47
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Super Featherweight is the worst division by a long way. Ricky would have a shot at winning and holding onto the WBO title for a long time. could also see him unifying as its so poor.
It's not that bad of a division. Uchiyama, Klassen, Baloyi, Martinez, Aoh, Solis, Linares (if he still has it) are all top operators, then you have the likes of Fana, Guliakevich, Litzau, Burns, Salgado, Kirakosyan, Jiminez, Tajbert etc. behind them.

Much better than Light Heavy-Heavy and Light Middleweight etc. IMO.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
what the **** are you going on about now? I have never ever made a comment about white farmers. Please post a link to this or stop making false accusations.

And the Isle of Man..............I don't know any boxers from the isle of man, i have never been or met anyone from the isle of man. how does not mentionaing the isle of man proove your point?

English Fighter I don't rate

Sam ***ton

Audley Harrison
Rob Nortan
David Dolan
Paul Smith
Billy Joe Saunders
Sam Webb
Jamie Moore
Michael Jennings
Lenny Daws
John Murray
Gary Sykes
Stephen Foster Jnr
Jason Booth
Lee Haskins
Don Broardhurst

..oh dear.

your opinion and all but i dont like it.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #49
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
It's not that bad of a division. Uchiyama, Klassen, Baloyi, Martinez, Aoh, Solis, Linares (if he still has it) are all top operators, then you have the likes of Fana, Guliakevich, Litzau, Burns, Salgado, Kirakosyan, Jiminez, Tajbert etc. behind them.

Much better than Light Heavy-Heavy and Light Middleweight etc. IMO.
No chance.

at Light Heavy you have Dawson who is top 5 P4P and Hopkins probs still top 20. Then guys like Pascal, Cloud and Johnson are exciting. Cloud is exciting and Eredi is coming back to light heavy.

at Light Middle you can still count Williams and Martinez. Cintron will be competative with him. Cotto will always be exciting and will make big fights with anyone. Dzinzurik is coming back and Angulo is always in a good fight.

The Super Featherweight Division is competative in the sense that anyone in the top 15 agaisnt eachother would be at least a 60-40 fight. But theres no stars, no big prospects. Soto, Gurerreo and Valero were the biggest fighters and they left.

Its pretty poor domesticly to.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #50
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post
..oh dear.

your opinion and all but i dont like it.
probs should have left Moore out to save the hassle. I respect him a hell of allot but never thought he would go on to win a world title like many thought. I picked Rhodes to beat him as well.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #51
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
No chance.

at Light Heavy you have Dawson who is top 5 P4P and Hopkins probs still top 20. Then guys like Pascal, Cloud and Johnson are exciting. Cloud is exciting and Eredi is coming back to light heavy.
At Light Heavy you have a small group of very good fighters, Dawson, Cloud, Pascal, possibly Campillo as well. Then you have some decent fighters, Johnson, Shumenov, Braehmer, Murat, Cleverly and Tarver (who I am guessing is going to retire). Then you have the circus act of Hopkins, RJJ and Lacy - all 3 should retire.

The division has no depth.

Quote:
at Light Middle you can still count Williams and Martinez. Cintron will be competative with him. Cotto will always be exciting and will make big fights with anyone. Dzinzurik is coming back and Angulo is always in a good fight.
Again the division hasn't got much depth. Williams is hopping through the divisions and Martinez could very well be staying at middleweight. That's the two top fighters by far in the division and there future in the division is seriously in question. Cintron, Foreman, Martirosyan, Dzinziruk, Lara, Rhodes, Santos are decent. Cotto and Collazo may not add much if they can't step up to the weight well and/or are damaged goods.

Quote:
The Super Featherweight Division is competative in the sense that anyone in the top 15 agaisnt eachother would be at least a 60-40 fight. But theres no stars, no big prospects. Soto, Gurerreo and Valero were the biggest fighters and they left.

Its pretty poor domesticly to.
Domestically it is poor. I'd make Uchiyama more than 70-30 against the majority of the top 15 guys in the division, but it's the competitiveness of the division that makes it better, in my opinion, than the divisions I mentioned. Just because they're no stars in the division (from our POV), it doesn't mean it isn't a good division.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #52
dondada
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
the fact is the purse bids were awarded to ****** so he will have to defend against Burns soon enough.
dondada is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #53
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
At Light Heavy you have a small group of very good fighters, Dawson, Cloud, Pascal, possibly Campillo as well. Then you have some decent fighters, Johnson, Shumenov, Braehmer, Murat, Cleverly and Tarver (who I am guessing is going to retire). Then you have the circus act of Hopkins, RJJ and Lacy - all 3 should retire.

The division has no depth.

Again the division hasn't got much depth. Williams is hopping through the divisions and Martinez could very well be staying at middleweight. That's the two top fighters by far in the division and there future in the division is seriously in question. Cintron, Foreman, Martirosyan, Dzinziruk, Lara, Rhodes, Santos are decent. Cotto and Collazo may not add much if they can't step up to the weight well and/or are damaged goods.

Domestically it is poor. I'd make Uchiyama more than 70-30 against the majority of the top 15 guys in the division, but it's the competitiveness of the division that makes it better, in my opinion, than the divisions I mentioned. Just because they're no stars in the division (from our POV), it doesn't mean it isn't a good division.
Thats a fair point but I still like to see at least potential starts in a division.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum