Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

would this not be a great nights boxing, in my favourite venue, i think o'donnell is to acomplished a boxer for gavin, and wins unanimus decion.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Yep way too accomplished for a mere world amateur champion.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
would this not be a great nights boxing, in my favourite venue, i think o'donnell is to acomplished a boxer for gavin, and wins unanimus decion.
Totally agree the same O Donnell who got a gift from a part time bricky.

Gavin would take him to school in next 12 months.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

That's what I was thinking...O'Donnell didn't even beat an average southpaw in Watson, he won a gift decision...
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

amateuars aint pro's other wise olympions woulden't be strugling with journeymen on undercards, getting shown by 18yr old george carmam how to handle one properly, and how to dispose of one quicklly,by the walsh brothers, were they world amateur champs ?
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
amateuars aint pro's other wise olympions woulden't be strugling with journeymen on undercards, getting shown by 18yr old george carmam how to handle one properly, and how to dispose of one quicklly,by the walsh brothers, were they world amateur champs ?
Pro's or not O Donnell ait that good mate.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Gavin hasn't been struggling with anybody so I'm not entirely sure what your point is.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Gavin hasn't been struggling with anybody so I'm not entirely sure what your point is.
my point is, gavin ain't scoring no ko over o'donnell, its a pure boxing match, gavin cuts easy but other than falling out the ring and banging there heads thers no ko hapening, so how does gavin outbox o'donnell, ps that brickys a better oponent than gavin fought so far, plus o'donnell s fought watson, being a world amateur flicker, he should be ok to fight watson next. then o'donnell.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 1000
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
my point is, gavin ain't scoring no ko over o'donnell, its a pure boxing match, gavin cuts easy but other than falling out the ring and banging there heads thers no ko hapening, so how does gavin outbox o'donnell, ps that brickys a better oponent than gavin fought so far, plus o'donnell s fought watson, being a world amateur flicker, he should be ok to fight watson next. then o'donnell.
i watched frankie gavin on the pads last night and was very impreesed by the way he delivered his punches,im not saying he's a one punch knock out artist but also theres no way he's a flicker or slapper if so i'd love a gym full of them,gavins speed is very good,good movement and good combinations.eh hes not even had 10 fights yet and looking this good credit to big arnie.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
my point is, gavin ain't scoring no ko over o'donnell, its a pure boxing match, gavin cuts easy but other than falling out the ring and banging there heads thers no ko hapening, so how does gavin outbox o'donnell, ps that brickys a better oponent than gavin fought so far, plus o'donnell s fought watson, being a world amateur flicker, he should be ok to fight watson next. then o'donnell.
What do you mean how does he outbox O'Donnell? O'Donnell is O'Donnell, not the white Pernell Whitaker. You're completely overrating him, he struggled with Craig Watson who is nothing special himself. They're both decent and thats about it so don't talk about how people are going to beat him like he's amazing. He'll beat him with superior movement and timing, thats what wins boxing matches.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
What do you mean how does he outbox O'Donnell? O'Donnell is O'Donnell, not the white Pernell Whitaker. You're completely overrating him, he struggled with Craig Watson who is nothing special himself. They're both decent and thats about it so don't talk about how people are going to beat him like he's amazing. He'll beat him with superior movement and timing, thats what wins boxing matches.
wrong' you've just confirmed my point, there ordinary british class fighters , yet one can win a world title as an amateur. medals in the olympics,etc, god bless them all for heart and effort , but david price would do well to beat larry olabambwe, and jeffries has a life and death strugle with nathan king, . ****** dare not match gavin with watson, suanders would last no time with al mechi and al mechi could give degale a stone and stop him.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

It seems that O'donnel looks amazing against journey men but poor against decent fighters like Watson who got robbed off him btw.

On the other hand Frankie Gavin boxes better against a better opponant when he can get his counter punch on and use his skills.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

listen theres 3 olympic class cubans in ireland, do you realy believe any of the uk sqaud could do any good with them as pro's , good or bad decion o'donell was very competative with watson, watson will fight anyone. frank ****** s only to ask but he won't, o'donell couldent lick pernell witikers jock strap, but he can beat gavin pts or at best cuts stoppage.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
wrong' you've just confirmed my point, there ordinary british class fighters , yet one can win a world title as an amateur. medals in the olympics,etc, god bless them all for heart and effort , but david price would do well to beat larry olabambwe, and jeffries has a life and death strugle with nathan king, . ****** dare not match gavin with watson, suanders would last no time with al mechi and al mechi could give degale a stone and stop him.
You're a moron, plain and simple. There is really no point in debating with somebody that believes this.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WEREVER I LAY MY HAT
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: gavin v o'donnell york hall 17/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
You're a moron, plain and simple. There is really no point in debating with somebody that believes this.
don't beleive it i know it.
portside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013