Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Has the Pac's Camp words and actions seem innocent or Guilty?
Guilty 73 56.15%
innocent 57 43.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #31
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

I have to say I was dissapointed by the way team Pac acted on this matter. Wasn't convinced at all by their behaviour and arguments.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #32
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va the beach
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 218
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
I have to say I was dissapointed by the way team Pac acted on this matter. Wasn't convinced at all by their behaviour and arguments.
Yea but understand Carl... If there was no reason for suspicion other than a guy moving through the weights and demolishing foes, shouldn't Pac be offended by this. This would be my gut reaction also. I wouldn't give in but probably act irrationale and actually sling more mud in Mays direction than what Pac did.. It's def a judgment call but we can't understand another mans logic. we do know Pac has been tested for the last 16 years and passed every test.
renyo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #33
goblin 2
Blue Goblin Alliance
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Him or his trainer??? Which one gave all these excuses?? I'm pretty sure you're combining Pac, Roach, Arum, Koncz, Ariza, and Buboys statements as One mans.. Cmon lamb learn to lead not follow or do you need me to be your Shepherd???

Ummm...i wrote his own damn fault in capital letters...stop your whining..

the votes are almost DOUBLED in this poll...the world knows pal...
goblin 2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #34
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
Posts: 9,852
vCash: 1035
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Swarmer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #35
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va the beach
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 218
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Chief I haven't even voted so I don't know the results or care what your poll says. I have no need to whine, just trying to help out a few of you less fortunate guys with some truth.
renyo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #36
goblin 2
Blue Goblin Alliance
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Chief I haven't even voted so I don't know the results or care what your poll says. I have no need to whine, just trying to help out a few of you less fortunate guys with some truth.
the truth huh......
goblin 2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #37
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Holton Street, Dean Street (click clack)
Posts: 888
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

I hope to god some of you never get called for jury duty.
(PimpThaSystem) is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #38
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
I hope to god some of you never get called for jury duty.
This is COMPLETELY different than a criminal trial! Changing your story constantly will get a case thrown out QUICK if you are a witness or get the heat on you if you are a suspect.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #39
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endbell View Post
Your right! This is a trial by POLL by GAYWEATHER FANS.
Test and get whooped like the rest!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #40
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In my own delusions...
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 314
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Well, just because someone SEEMS guilty doesn't always mean they ARE guilty. I think Pacquiao has suffered from letting other people speak for him, and his incomplete grasp of the English language when it comes to the whole drug testing thing.

I'm not gonna lie, I understand why people THINK the man is guilty based on the inconsistency regarding "why" that has come out over the last few months. What I DON"T understand is why people think he is guilty based on what he has done in the ring.

Why so many people dis-regard the fact that the man has said that he is 100% willing to take a blood test in the locker room immediately after the fight blows my mind, and don't give me that "drugs will be out of his system by then" bullshit. With how much he would have to lose, who the **** would risk that?
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #41
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
Well, just because someone SEEMS guilty doesn't always mean they ARE guilty. I think Pacquiao has suffered from letting other people speak for him, and his incomplete grasp of the English language when it comes to the whole drug testing thing.

I'm not gonna lie, I understand why people THINK the man is guilty based on the inconsistency regarding "why" that has come out over the last few months. What I DON"T understand is why people think he is guilty based on what he has done in the ring.

Why so many people dis-regard the fact that the man has said that he is 100% willing to take a blood test in the locker room immediately after the fight blows my mind, and don't give me that "drugs will be out of his system by then" bullshit. With how much he would have to lose, who the **** would risk that?
I ask you this Toney. If you went through tons of training then fought a guy and he beat the brakes off of you. Then he failed the blood test how would you feel?

If Margo had have been caught with the plaster wraps AFTER the fight what good would that have done Cotto?
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #42
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Yea but understand Carl... If there was no reason for suspicion other than a guy moving through the weights and demolishing foes, shouldn't Pac be offended by this. This would be my gut reaction also. I wouldn't give in but probably act irrationale and actually sling more mud in Mays direction than what Pac did.. It's def a judgment call but we can't understand another mans logic.
I understand that someone's first reaction to an accusation like that would be to get pissed off. But this is not like me accusing you, it concerns professional athletes and one man's initial reaction shouldn't necessarily be followed by his entire camp. And taking the test is actually a very easy way to dismiss all the accusations and make the other camp look foolish.

Pride is a good thing, but what if Pacquiao actually agrees to take the test? Would all of his fans accuse him of 'giving in' and losing his pride? No, they would applaud his move. For example, over here we have track & field athletes that get WADA agents banging on their doors at 5 in the morning, to give samples. You don't hear them complaining about their pride being attacked. They just take the test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
we do know Pac has been tested for the last 16 years and passed every test.
No doubt. But he hasn't taken this particular test. And since he's being asked to take another kind of test, one that he's never taken before, I believe he could do it, no sweat.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #43
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In my own delusions...
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 314
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I ask you this Toney. If you went through tons of training then fought a guy and he beat the brakes off of you. Then he failed the blood test how would you feel?

If Margo had have been caught with the plaster wraps AFTER the fight what good would that have done Cotto?
I'd feel somewhat vindicated, but what's your point?

Marg caught - and still IS catching pure hell for what he did to Cotto. Sit back and think about how much Pac would have to lose if his test came back positive. Because of the pedestal he is on, the fallout would be much greater for him than it has been for Marg. You're talking about a guy who has most people ranking him - at the very LEAST - top 50 p4p ATG. A guy who has been on mainstream magazine covers. A guy who is held in very high regard all around in boxing, and sports and general. If he were to fail a post fight test, it wouldn't matter if he won or not, because everything he accomplished that night, and everything he accomplished prior would be MOOT! He would be blacklisted from boxing! Nobody would take him seriously again, even people in his own country!
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #44
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va the beach
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 218
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
I understand that someone's first reaction to an accusation like that would be to get pissed off. But this is not like me accusing you, it concerns professional athletes and one man's initial reaction shouldn't necessarily be followed by his entire camp. And taking the test is actually a very easy way to dismiss all the accusations and make the other camp look foolish.

Pride is a good thing, but what if Pacquiao actually agrees to take the test? Would all of his fans accuse him of 'giving in' and losing his pride? No, they would applaud his move. For example, over here we have track & field athletes that get WADA agents banging on their doors at 5 in the morning, to give samples. You don't hear them complaining about their pride being attacked. They just take the test.


No doubt. But he hasn't taken this particular test. And since he's being asked to take another kind of test, one that he's never taken before, I believe he could do it, no sweat.
Well let's hope he takes it. But not because a fellow athlete who plays the same sport as him accuses him, but because he wants to do anything he can to make this fight possible. Testing is good but not one administered by an accuser. I understand cleaning up any sport, but Floyd didn't wake up and have an epiphany. especially one that came right after his father cast the first stone.
renyo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #45
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
I hope to god some of you never get called for jury duty.
Bullcrap.

Noone's saying Pac is guilty of anything.

The question is about how people feel about team Pac's actions on the matter. People saying they feel these kind of actions indicate there's something fishy is one thing, people claiming Pac is guilty of something is a totally different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
Well, just because someone SEEMS guilty doesn't always mean they ARE guilty.
Exactly.

The question on this thread is whether team Pac's actions looked suspicious or not, not whether Pacquiao is guilty of something or not.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013