Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Has the Pac's Camp words and actions seem innocent or Guilty?
Guilty 73 56.15%
innocent 57 43.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endbell View Post
WHo me? I aint going to fight Gayweather?
I know. Only think you beat is your meat.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #47
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Well let's hope he takes it. But not because a fellow athlete who plays the same sport as him accuses him, but because he wants to do anything he can to make this fight possible. Testing is good but not one administered by an accuser. I understand cleaning up any sport, but Floyd didn't wake up and have an epiphany. especially one that came right after his father cast the first stone.
I wish more Pac fans could think like this.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #48
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
I'd feel somewhat vindicated, but what's your point?

Marg caught - and still IS catching pure hell for what he did to Cotto. Sit back and think about how much Pac would have to lose if his test came back positive. Because of the pedestal he is on, the fallout would be much greater for him than it has been for Marg. You're talking about a guy who has most people ranking him - at the very LEAST - top 50 p4p ATG. A guy who has been on mainstream magazine covers. A guy who is held in very high regard all around in boxing, and sports and general. If he were to fail a post fight test, it wouldn't matter if he won or not, because everything he accomplished that night, and everything he accomplished prior would be MOOT! He would be blacklisted from boxing! Nobody would take him seriously again, even people in his own country!
When you are shot due to damage in your next fight ask the judges to score it and add in "vindication". Serve your children a big plate of "vindication" when they are hungry. Send your kids to college and write a check against "vindication". When you are an old man dealing with Parkinson's ask that "vindication" to wipe your butt.

He would lose THAT fight. Maybe even a portion of THAT purse. He has still made millions bashing men's heads in. If he played his cards right he would still live like a king by anyone's standards. There are tons of rich "shamed" people in the world. Ask them if they would trade the money for the standing I doubt many would take you up on that offer.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #49
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va the beach
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 218
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
I wish more Pac fans could think like this.
Hey there is a middle ground, even if some don't wanna see it.
renyo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #50
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
I wish more Pac fans could think like this.
I think you will find that the majority of them think like that
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #51
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblin 2 View Post
All this delaying and changing stories for over the past year from these guys

When it comes to Steroids is the Pac camp words and actions been that of a Guilty person or Innocent??

The past year or the past 6 months?

The fact that until Floyd Snr decided he was on PED's, then he suddenly is despite the fact that there's NEVER been even a suspicion, a story from someone inside his camp, first hand evidence that he is a drug cheat.

If Pacquiao was American he'd be innocent til proven guilty - Apprently the US can't stand the fact that boxing is in a said decline in the US and now other parts of the world are producing fighters who are hungrier and have a thirst for battle without being hip hop gangtsa BS artists.

This whole debacle is like a 2000's version of the crap Johnson went through for being a black HW champion 100 years ago.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #52
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Hey there is a middle ground, even if some don't wanna see it.
He won't test. If he does he will look like complete crap in the fight. Why? He usually cheats and said forget it and did it just for the money.

Mark my words.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #53
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomeddisciple View Post
The past year or the past 6 months?

The fact that until Floyd Snr decided he was on PED's, then he suddenly is despite the fact that there's NEVER been even a suspicion, a story from someone inside his camp, first hand evidence that he is a drug cheat.

If Pacquiao was American he'd be innocent til proven guilty - Apprently the US can't stand the fact that boxing is in a said decline in the US and now other parts of the world are producing fighters who are hungrier and have a thirst for battle without being hip hop gangtsa BS artists.

This whole debacle is like a 2000's version of the crap Johnson went through for being a black HW champion 100 years ago.
What? This crap happened ONLY when Pac moved up. Nobody thought what he was doing was "amazing" until he had tough fights then BOOM he looked completely rejuvenated. It has nothing to do with his WHOLE career!!!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #54
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I think you will find that the majority of them think like that
I've been around this board more than you have, and my feeling is Renyo is in the minority.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #55
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In my own delusions...
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 314
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
When you are shot due to damage in your next fight ask the judges to score it and add in "vindication". Serve your children a big plate of "vindication" when they are hungry. Send your kids to college and write a check against "vindication". When you are an old man dealing with Parkinson's ask that "vindication" to wipe your butt.

He would lose THAT fight. Maybe even a portion of THAT purse. He has still made millions bashing men's heads in. If he played his cards right he would still live like a king by anyone's standards. There are tons of rich "shamed" people in the world. Ask them if they would trade the money for the standing I doubt many would take you up on that offer.
The logic you are using applies more to PBF than it does to Pac, because from what he says, PBF doesn't care about legacy...only money, so, no, maybe HE wouldn't give a damn about getting caught cheating and how it would effect his legacy, just as long as he got paid.

Aside from that, I think you are severely over-estimating things, namely, how well a PED will help you perform in ONE fight. If Margarito had illegal hand wraps, then I think THAT does more damage in a single fight than someone on PEDs could do. You're acting like someone on PEDs would turn into the Hulk, and severely damage whomever he was facing.

Slick, you know I like debating you, and I respect your opinions, but you gotta come harder than that, my man...
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #56
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
I've been around this board more than you have, and my feeling is Renyo is in the minority.
In that case set up a poll and see. Im pretty positive that majority of them has no issue with the drug testing as long as it is done by the commision. What can pac do or the pactards whine about if the commision revised their rules for safer boxing? Pretty much **** all I bet.

I am clearly against the fact that floyd is setting up his own drug testing rules. Make it fair let the commision decide what is best.

Cant get any fairer than that.
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #57
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
In that case set up a poll and see. Im pretty positive that majority of them has no issue with the drug testing as long as it is done by the commision.
Don't know about that. I've seen a lot of posters act like someone attacked their girlfriend, when they see the words 'test', 'peds' and 'steroids' and Pac's name in the same sentence. They won't even discuss about it, they dismiss the idea and start talking about how this is all about pride, how this test is absurd and unprecedented, how Mayweather 'is scared of Pac' and that Pacquiao should never take that kind of test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
What can pac do or the pactards whine about if the commision revised their rules for safer boxing? Pretty much **** all I bet.

I am clearly against the fact that floyd is setting up his own drug testing rules. Make it fair let the commision decide what is best.

Cant get any fairer than that.
Fair enough.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #58
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In my own delusions...
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 314
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

I consider myself a Pacquiao fan, a huge supporter of his, but I'm no Pactard. A Pactard - IMHO - is someone who thinks the man has a gold dick, and does nothing wrong. Honestly...anyone who picked "innocent" on the poll choice did so to either upset the "Flomos", or because they don't know shit about anything, and truly are the definitive definition of "Pactard".

Like I said earlier, of course the words and actions SEEM guilty, but that doesn't mean he IS guilty. I'll give you an example...

...I used to live with 2 roomates. One day, I had some money missing, and I confronted them. I swore up and down they were guilty because of their actions - or because of what I perceived were "guilty actions". Anyway, long story short, I found the money I thought was missing later that night...

...another story. I got stopped while walking by 3 cops who were posted up by my apartment complex. They rifled through all my pockets, patted me down - even juggled my sack to make sure nothing was there. During all this, for whatever reason, I was nervous as hell, and had no reason to be. I wasn't drunk, had nothing illegal on me, but the fact that I was surrounded by 3 white cops with guns had me nervous...

...sometimes, the prospect of someone thinking you're guilty is enough to make you seem like you are. People with kids should be able to attest to that. How many times have you made your child nervous just by accusing them of something...even if they didn't do it?
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #59
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 1000
Default Re: STEROIDS- Has Pac's words and actions been that of a innocent person or Guilty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
Don't know about that. I've seen a lot of posters act like someone attacked their girlfriend, when they see the words 'test', 'peds' and 'steroids' and Pac's name in the same sentence. They won't even discuss about it, they dismiss the idea and start talking about how this is all about pride, how this test is absurd and unprecedented, how Mayweather 'is scared of Pac' and that Pacquiao should never take that kind of test.


Fair enough.
You will find idiots on both side of the fence. Pactard or flomos they both exist. The trolls are easy to spot I just choose to ignore them. Im not gonna let some dude I never met ruin my day.

Call me bakla, Ill call you a malaka Im fine
Chris85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #60
Mandirigma
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac-Mayweather, PEDs and Boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718 View Post
Good article, but most on these forums clearly don't like to read. Those who do read it may be educated though.
Agree. For them, it's so much easier to make assumptions.
Mandirigma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013