Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #76
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What's the deal with the Ricky Hatton song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007
Lol no offence taken what so ever and its not ur fault it dont take much for a war to start north vs south lol.
Hehe. I think we could easily have had yet another civil war in Britain if us Northerners weren't so lazy!

We would take London in a weekend and give it to the Scots to occupy, let the Irish have Brighton.

Triplesod is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #77
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
You missed one out:

Who's that lying on the runway
who's that dying in the snow
it's Matt Busby and his boys
making all the ****ing noise
'cause they can't get the aeroplane to go.

Yeah, nice one you sad cunt!

What the **** is the point in that? Is the death of a group of kids and young men really funny? Are Hillsborough chants funny too? Or the 39 Italians the Liverpool fans murdered in Heysel?

I'm a Man United supporter, I hate Liverpool but you will never, ever catch me singing anything about Hillsborough or Heysel!

Actually, my mate has just made a good point. Do you also laugh and sing songs about Coralles' death?

You're a sad bastard mate and I am not one to get pissed off on a message forum but I'm telling you, if you sung that round our way you would get put on your arse!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #78
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod
Yeah, nice one you sad cunt!

What the **** is the point in that? Is the death of a group of kids and young men really funny? Are Hillsborough chants funny too? Or the 39 Italians the Liverpool fans murdered in Heysel?

I'm a Man United supporter, I hate Liverpool but you will never, ever catch me singing anything about Hillsborough or Heysel!

Actually, my mate has just made a good point. Do you also laugh and sing songs about Coralles' death?

You're a sad bastard mate and I am not one to get pissed off on a message forum but I'm telling you, if you sung that round our way you would get put on your arse!

So, when United fans sang Hillsborough songs you put them on their arse too?
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #79
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

When did I laugh at the Munich air crash? Oh, and I didn't hate Corrales so I wouldn't sing anything nasty about him. I didn't like him too much either (not overly keen on people who break pregnant women's jaws myself).
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #80
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Lennox? Lewis?

Doesn't ring any bells.

Ohhh aye! I know who you mean! That Canadian, yeah?
oh please don't tell me you're being serious.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #81
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
So, when United fans sang Hillsborough songs you put them on their arse too?
For a start, I never said I would put you on your arse for singing it, I wouldn't I'm not a violent person. I said you would be. Many would happily give you a slap for singing that shit round here.

Secondly, no, I never hit anyone over something football related but I will gurentee I will speak up when I hear any of that shite, as I have in the past.

The point I am making, and maybe I was a little over the top in the way I made it (I hope you understand why) is that that shit just isn't funny, it is abhorrent. I made the comparison with Diego, no one in their right mind would use his death to have a go at his fan base, no one would ever think it would be funny to sing gleeful songs about his death.

Was there 96 people killed at HIllsborough? Liverpool fans murdered 39 Italian supporters at Heysel and it just isn't funny is it? Yes, we do have some quadropedel trogladytes in our support who happily sing "Murderers, murderers" and "justice for the 39" at the Liverpool support but they are in the minority and they are looked down upon by the vast majority of our support for being the obnoxious, arrogant pillocks they really are.

What team do you support mate? Not that I am thinking of making any jokes about any of your supporters who have been kicked to death by supporters of the rival teams fans, just purely out of interest.

EDIT: Look mate, I will give you th ebenefit of the doubt that you don't understand how offensive that Munich song is and just presume rightly or wrongly that you aren't a football supporter, I hope you now understand that this really is a sick song. An apology will make things all OK. After all, anyone with Bonzo as an avatar can't be all bad!

Last edited by Triplesod; 06-27-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #82
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
oh please don't tell me you're being serious.
I would have thought the winky smiley face I put at the end of my sentance would give you a clue to wheter or not I was being serious.

Last edited by Triplesod; 06-27-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #83
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_man
its all good come to mtl and we sing some hockey chant juste watch some bute fights
Hockey players throw better punches than Bute
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #84
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrock247
Seriously, I had no idea this thread would carry on like this. I meant no offense to any Brits nor did I aim to create a civil war over North/South territories. My "opinion" (just like assholes, we all have one) is that it's a bit silly and lazy to take an existing Christmas song and change some words.
Seriously, you have probably offended no one. It is fairly traditional in the British Isles to unmercifully denigrate your friends and neighbours, to fail to do so would, in many quarters, be considered quite rude.

To understand the football song you need to see it as more of a mantra than a song. American sports fans are basically an audience watching their hero’s perform as gladiators. British fans are more like minor participants in the battle, serfs to knights rather than audience to performers. This requires a means to bond thousands of people quickly and efficiently. Simple chants that are easy to learn and to sing ease this process. If a song is easy to learn and remember it has more chance of being picked up by the crowd. These songs are not generally written down or rehearsed but rather capture the imagination of the crowd and burst into life to then be copied by all. The repetition is part of a hypnotic ritual binding the fans as one. Sportsmen and teams who carry such support will all tell you that it can help them when the going gets tough.

There is also an element of psychological warfare; if you are not part of the ‘tribe’ it is meant to get to you. Scotland football fans sing ‘Do a dear’ over and over. If you are not part of the crowd this is really annoying but in the body of the Kirk it is irresistible. All because, some years ago Scotland played Austria and some wag pointed out that the Austrians really hate The Sound of Music’. As a consequence ‘Do a dear’ rang out for the whole game and has been sung at every game since.

It is not about high art, it is about bonding your crowd inspiring your guy and unsettling the opposition.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #85
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
For a start, I never said I would put you on your arse for singing it, I wouldn't I'm not a violent person. I said you would be. Many would happily give you a slap for singing that shit round here.

Secondly, no, I never hit anyone over something football related but I will gurentee I will speak up when I hear any of that shite, as I have in the past.

The point I am making, and maybe I was a little over the top in the way I made it (I hope you understand why) is that that shit just isn't funny, it is abhorrent. I made the comparison with Diego, no one in their right mind would use his death to have a go at his fan base, no one would ever think it would be funny to sing gleeful songs about his death.

Was there 96 people killed at HIllsborough? Liverpool fans murdered 39 Italian supporters at Heysel and it just isn't funny is it? Yes, we do have some quadropedel trogladytes in our support who happily sing "Murderers, murderers" and "justice for the 39" at the Liverpool support but they are in the minority and they are looked down upon by the vast majority of our support for being the obnoxious, arrogant pillocks they really are.

What team do you support mate? Not that I am thinking of making any jokes about any of your supporters who have been kicked to death by supporters of the rival teams fans, just purely out of interest.

EDIT: Look mate, I will give you th ebenefit of the doubt that you don't understand how offensive that Munich song is and just presume rightly or wrongly that you aren't a football supporter, I hope you now understand that this really is a sick song. An apology will make things all OK. After all, anyone with Bonzo as an avatar can't be all bad!

Fair enough squire, although you're very wrong about the 'not a football supporter'. Actually, I'm an Evertonian, so maybe you're right.
To be honest I just couldn't resist the joke following on from your chants post, it's a bit sick I know and I don't sing it (although admittedly I probably did some time in the late 80s when I was a wee lad and before I understood it). Judging by your moniker you've probably laughed at a few sick jokes yourself (providing they're about paedophiles or Bad Aids).
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #86
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
Seriously, you have probably offended no one. It is fairly traditional in the British Isles to unmercifully denigrate your friends and neighbours, to fail to do so would, in many quarters, be considered quite rude.
Is it ****, you Noseybonk faced, frilly nonce!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #87
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Is it ****, you Noseybonk faced, frilly nonce!

Racist
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #88
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Judging by your moniker you've probably laughed at a few sick jokes yourself (providing they're about paedophiles or Bad Aids).
No, you're wrong and you're a grotesquely, ugly freak!!

Haha! No, you're spot on and maybe I am a hypocrite for getting all offended by Munich stuff but laughing along to the above Morris stuff (including the "Grotesquely, ugly freak" bit). I dunno, We are a very tribel people anyway, aren't we and when we get put in such obvious and segregated tribes as football supporters we can all be very touchy I suppose. I really am anti Munich, Hilssborough and Heysel chants though.

I dunno, Dr Shipman was my doctor, he killed many many people I knew, some I was very close to and I can joke about him but the joke IS about him! When I hear Liverpool supporters singing "One Harold Shipman", "Harold Shipman killed yer Nan", "Harold Shipman is a Scouser, he kills Mancs" etc etc then I can get extremely angry about that because the joke is no longer about that evil bastard but now about his victims and their families.

Incidentally, did you see the Youtube video of Rooney's brother (is he called Graham?) singing Shipman songs? Is he still on Evertons books? I remember hearing, around the time that Wayne scored that great goal for you against the Arse, that Graham was showing more promise than Wayne did at his age. Probably bullshit but it is interesting to note there has been no talk of him of late.

Anyway, thanks for your message mate, I appreciate it and all is forgiven and forgotten, until we take another of your decent players off you. Then start feeling guilty so we give you another Phil Nev type player, will Keiron Richardson do?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #89
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Racist
Haha. I can only presume you are joking with me here (Bah! It's so hard to tell on message forums when people don't use smileys!!).

If not, please explain to me.

If you really do think I am being racist then just believe me, I'm not in any way shape or form but I would appreciate you telling me why you think that, so I can explain myself and show you I'm not.

Nah.. you have to be joking... Right?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #90
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Nice one Clarkycat, not sure about the even uglier Rooney, think he's been ****ed off, he obviously wasn't as good. You always here that "his brother's meant to be better" bollocks. Funny, we were only taking about Richardson on Saturday wondering why United signed him and is he the worst to ever play for England (yes, he's as bad as Geoff Thomas any day).

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum