Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Thats it, Im done with Hatton talk.

Now people, you know me. I have always been a Hatton hater here, but I have always backed up my anti-Hatton statements, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. I always thought my take on Ricky Hatton was good for converastion & debate here on ESB, & hopefully some of you thought the same & enjoyed indulging in a bit of verbal mud-slinging with my good self!

However, recently I have noticed a sinister new 'twist' & that twist is people saying all scots here hate Ricky Hatton....

Damn, if only it were true. All of my closest scottish pals on ESB love Ricky, & want him to spank Mayweather. But recently it seems everytime I say something negative about Hatton, I see the comment "all of you jocks hate ricky" & thats a load of shite. Even recently I started a thread to show these paranoid Hatton nuthuggers that scottish posters support hatton wholeheartedly, & my fellow scots joined in, voicing their support of him.

To no avail however, cos all too often anytime I open my mouth about Hatton now all I see is "all you jocks hte Ricky" & shite like that. ****, just cos Im a big mouthed scotsman here doesnt mean I am the voice of an entire nation. i just wish some of the thick paranoid Hatton nuthuggers would get that into their thick heads, but they wont, & never will. So its time for me to take a stand here & proclaim that my time talking about Hatton here is over.

Too many newbie imbeciles populating this place nowadays, who think if one scot hates Hatton, they all do. & as Im not the kind of guy who revels in attention seeking at the cost of my fellow scottish posters, its time for me to step down from Hatton debate, although its one of my favourite subjects here.

So from now on any Hatton talk wil be met with a vow of silence from me, cos thats how it must be. Drastic times call for drastic measures, & when my fellow scots get dissed just cos I dont like Hatton, thats when enough is enough.

So no more Hatton debate from me people, & although I will miss it very much & have to bite my tongue in the future, thats how it is.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Default Re: Thats it, Im done with Hatton talk.

come on Dunky. I'm a Jock who can't have Hatton at all..same as you.

'you know, Wicky 'Atton has got wins over all-time p4p greats like Tszyu and Castillo and has won 6 world titles, you know, Wicky 'Atton still plays darts and has a pint with his old mates down t' poob, I like to think people will remember me with the Chavez' and the Gattis for excitement and that's why Mexicans loove me, you know, did I mention I fought Kostya Tszyu?.........'
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

hmmmmm. Maybe it's just a coincidence?
mattress is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Now people, you know me. I have always been a Hatton hater here, but I have always backed up my anti-Hatton statements, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. I always thought my take on Ricky Hatton was good for converastion & debate here on ESB, & hopefully some of you thought the same & enjoyed indulging in a bit of verbal mud-slinging with my good self!

However, recently I have noticed a sinister new 'twist' & that twist is people saying all scots here hate Ricky Hatton....

Damn, if only it were true. All of my closest scottish pals on ESB love Ricky, & want him to spank Mayweather. But recently it seems everytime I say something negative about Hatton, I see the comment "all of you jocks hate ricky" & thats a load of shite. Even recently I started a thread to show these paranoid Hatton nuthuggers that scottish posters support hatton wholeheartedly, & my fellow scots joined in, voicing their support of him.

To no avail however, cos all too often anytime I open my mouth about Hatton now all I see is "all you jocks hte Ricky" & shite like that. ****, just cos Im a big mouthed scotsman here doesnt mean I am the voice of an entire nation. i just wish some of the thick paranoid Hatton nuthuggers would get that into their thick heads, but they wont, & never will. So its time for me to take a stand here & proclaim that my time talking about Hatton here is over.

Too many newbie imbeciles populating this place nowadays, who think if one scot hates Hatton, they all do. & as Im not the kind of guy who revels in attention seeking at the cost of my fellow scottish posters, its time for me to step down from Hatton debate, although its one of my favourite subjects here.

So from now on any Hatton talk wil be met with a vow of silence from me, cos thats how it must be. Drastic times call for drastic measures, & when my fellow scots get dissed just cos I dont like Hatton, thats when enough is enough.

So no more Hatton debate from me people, & although I will miss it very much & have to bite my tongue in the future, thats how it is.
Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you "hate" Hatton?
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA

'you know, Wicky 'Atton has got wins over all-time p4p greats like Tszyu and Castillo and has won 6 world titles, you know, Wicky 'Atton still plays darts and has a pint with his old mates down t' poob, I like to think people will remember me with the Chavez' and the Gattis for excitement and that's why Mexicans loove me, you know, did I mention I fought Kostya Tszyu?.........'
Sounds just like Ricky! He`s such a nice lad, such a down to earth fellow.. geez makes me wanna puke!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smazz20
Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you "hate" Hatton?
Because some of us older Boxing fans are not rookies and we`ve been around boxing for quite some time. Dunky like myself has seen Rickys career blossom and unfold as nothing more than a sham over the years. After being wrapped in cotton wool for aeons his finally arrived. Lets see how he fares against PBF. Il reserve my judgement then. The kid has bundles of talent his just got to take the bull by the horns and build on his win over Kostya instead of talking up a good fight.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Because some of us older Boxing fans are not rookies and we`ve been around boxing for quite some time. Dunky like myself has seen Rickys career blossom and unfold as nothing more than a sham over the years. After being wrapped in cotton wool for aeons his finally arrived.
Ok grandad. You are saying that your hatred of Hatton is because of his protected past??? His record does initially look much better than it really is, no doubt, but surely you have to admit that he is a talented and exciting fighter?? Whatsmore, he is undeniably one of the most level-headed fighters, at his level, in the game today.

I think that you hate is brought about by something far more sinister!
mattress is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
pablogad
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Say what you wish to say mate - not being a hatton nuthugger doesn't make you a hatton hater.

There's too many wagonists on this forum - f*** em I say.
pablogad is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablogad
not being a hatton nuthugger doesn't make you a hatton hater.
I agree but there are a helluva lot of Hatton haters here and I am bewildered by it. I find it difficult to accept that people actually like FMJ as a person (the person that we see) and loathe Hatton. To me it's almost like Good Vs Evil.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty

by the way dunky...what do you think of ricky hatton?
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA

Now, I was a wee bit 'worse for wear' when i was posting last night, due to an all day boozing session watching the fitba. & you know me, I can get a bit emotional on here when in that sort of state.

However, reading my post again just now sober, I agree with everything I said! Its unfair that all the scots get tarred with the same brush cos you & I dont like Hatton, for reasons we have explained a hundred times here before! So Im taking a back seat for now, but will end my 'vow of silence' the week before the fight, cos I get the feeling some of the Hatton fans think Im wavering, & trying to take the easy way out if Hatton wins. So I will discuss Ricky & everything to do with him again a week before the fight, but for now its scottish lips sealed time.

& already Im struggling, cos I seen a few posts about Hatton on another thread just there that I am DYING to take issue with!!! So its up to you & my good man Scurla to keep these nuthuggers in their place for the near future. Cos Im taking a rest from it, even I need my recuperation spell on the sidelines
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablogad
not being a hatton nuthugger doesn't make you a hatton hater.
By the same token not being a hater doesn't make you a nuthugger.

Some of us just want a British boxer to do well when fighting abroad.....I suppose I'll get called a racist or a nationalist for saying that though....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
By the same token not being a hater doesn't make you a nuthugger.

Some of us just want a British boxer to do well when fighting abroad.....I suppose I'll get called a racist or a nationalist for saying that though....
I would love to comment Gaz, but my lips are sealed Coming off hatton debate is nearly as hard as coming off the drink for me! But thats the sort of predicaments you put yourself into when posting after too many amber nectars... Now I need to back up my drunk & emotional opening post.

Right. Thats the last time I speak on this subject at all until December 2. Time to go cold turkey.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #14
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Because some of us older Boxing fans are not rookies and we`ve been around boxing for quite some time. Dunky like myself has seen Rickys career blossom and unfold as nothing more than a sham over the years. After being wrapped in cotton wool for aeons his finally arrived. Lets see how he fares against PBF. Il reserve my judgement then. The kid has bundles of talent his just got to take the bull by the horns and build on his win over Kostya instead of talking up a good fight.

What a lie. You said he would be KO'd within 5 rounds by Ben Tackie on these very boards. When he won you said "Okay about time he fought someone decent" and then within a couple of months you said Tackie was pretty poor and that Hatton would never fight Tszyu because he would be carried out on a stretcher.

When Tsyzu wasted Mitchell you came on here saying "Lets see how Hatton ducks out of this fight" and when the fight was signed you said "Fair play but Tsyzu wins by murder within 3".

When Hatton won you said "Fair enough great performance, but long overdue for him to step up" a few months down the track and Tsyzu became "over the hill" and "an old man" even though you had called him the man before the fight and said he would destroy Hatton.

You have since then said he would never fight PBF and now he has and you make out as if this is the first time he has ever fought someone of top class and now you are implying that when he loses to the worlds best P4P fighter that this will somehow prove he was always a fraud.

Just be honest in your hatred rather than pretend it has anything to do with boxing.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #15
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member

haha, spot on strike.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum