Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Mormeck calls out Adamek

According to the newspaper lequipe (caution : I haven't read the article yet but the guy who reported the news is usually serious) Mormeck changed his plans after Oquendo. He has always looked for the best available opponent and he wants to fight Adamek. Your opinion ?
Fitir is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: Mormeck calls out Adamek

Mormeck should retire. He won´t do shit at hw and is too big for cw these days. He just will get himself some brain damage.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Why would he retire ? He is not old for a HW and he was far from ridiculous in his last fights at CW. He looked good in the 1st rounds and he KDed the current WBA HW champ before being stopped. His first fights at HW are also not so bad. As a pressure fighter he didn't shine against Oquendo who has a damned awkward style made of clinches. He is not the 1st guy to struggle against this guy anyway. At least he didn't look shot and he even proved he has improved his stamina.
He wouldn't be so undersized against Adamek who is also a former LHW/CW and their styles could give several good rounds imo.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The information is confirmed on Orange. Mormeck said a precontract had already be signed. The fight could take place in the US.
"C'est un tueur, il fait peur à tout le monde. C'est dingue comme ça me motive. J'en salive d'avance. C'est du très gros, je vais prendre un risque énorme et ça me fait plaisir."
"He's a killer, everyone is scared about him. I am incredibly motivated. I am looking forward to this. It's something huge, I will take an enormous risk but I like that."
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Adamek destroys him. If he struggled with Oquendo, he would be brutalized by Tomasz.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 41998

Awkward or no, I can't see Adamek struggling a great deal with Oquendo (as it sounds like JMM did from the RBR and other reports).
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

It´s not only about size that he won´t be successful at hw. His style combined with his size, or lack thereoff, will spell trouble for him. He doesn´t have the defence and/or punch to makeup for this disadvantage. And he is slipping. He will get himself hurt/braindamaged.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

Mormeck will probably not contend for a world title in my opinion and Adamek has bigger fights on the horizon.
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #9
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This fight will take place. As a promoter Mormeck negotiates directly and from what he said in the post fight interview he had already an agreement for his next fight.
It will be a way for Adamek to make a comparison with Haye against the same opponent. Oquendo was ranked and Mormeck is a former unified/Ring champ in the inferior div : he will enter the top 10 of the ABC organizations. Imo Adamek vs Mormeck would be a decent eliminator.

Before Bell 1 guys said "Mormeck destroyed Brown, he defeated convincingly Braithwaite. Bell struggled with Brown. Walk in the park for Mormeck."
At this time considering the styles and Mormeck's preparation I had posted I wasn't so sure about it.
Now "Mormeck struggled with Oquendo , Adamek beat Arreola. Mormeck is shot. Easy purse for Adamek, he destroys Mormeck"
Don't be so sure. I noticed several points in their games/last fights that make me think it will give a far better fight than people expect.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #10
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

If that fight is made, which would surprise me, because I don't see what's in it for Adamek, Mormeck loses of course. He is sliding for years now and this recent step up to HW, we have seen it so many times, is just an attempt to get a few more paydays in the twilight of his career.

I haven't seen the Oquendo fight but by all accounts Mormeck lost and let's face it, Oquendo is not very good, if you can't beat him convincingly you have no business fighting the better HW contenders. It wouldn't bother me if the fight gets made, because Adamek isn't exactly the guy who would inflict permanent damage and given their styles, it could be entertaining, but I just don't see the point.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I haven't seen the Oquendo fight but by all accounts Mormeck lost and let's face it, Oquendo is not very good, if you can't beat him convincingly you have no business fighting the better HW contenders. It wouldn't bother me if the fight gets made, because Adamek isn't exactly the guy who would inflict permanent damage and given their styles, it could be entertaining, but I just don't see the point.
Who has ever beaten Oquendo convincinly. Guy runs away, jabs and then clinches. Ugly style what have costed him several close fights. (Then again they might not have been close fights at all without his style.)

Its very Hard to look impressive against him.
Antsu is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

I think that Mormeck lost to Oquendo. Though, I want Mormeck to continue fighting. It is good to have French fighters involved in top fights because it seems to me that boxing have been losing popularity in France.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsu View Post
Who has ever beaten Oquendo convincinly. Guy runs away, jabs and then clinches. Ugly style what have costed him several close fights. (Then again they might not have been close fights at all without his style.)

Its very Hard to look impressive against him.
That has a lot to do with his opponents. His disputable losses in recent years were only against guys that were very much past it like ancient Holyfield, Toney and now Mormeck. These guys just wouldn't beat anyone decent convincingly these days so that's not saying much.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

do you think Mormeck would have looked any better against Oquendo some years ago?
He had his problems with Gurov for example and won because of Gurovs glass jaw. Mormeck was in some decent wars but he was protected by the timekeeper in Bell II and quitted in the fight with Haye. I never liked him much and Adamek only wastes his time if he´ll fight him.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

This would be a good fight.

Mormeck was unified CW champ as well, and by beating him Adamek could very well secure the Haye fight for the WBA crown.
Axe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum