Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mormeck calls out Adamek

If this was true, I suspect the Polish media would be all over this by now, but they've been silent. Mormeck is known to talk too much. I suspect he's just doing that here. And he'd have little chance at beating Adamek at this stage in his career anyway.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #17
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Mormeck is known to talk too much ? You have examples ? Not many Mormeck interviews and every fight/unification he had talked about happened in the end. The only exception is Tiozzo but the guy who had really talked about the fight was Tiozzo who often changes his mind (he dropped titles, canceled a signed fight with Garay etc.)
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
drowller
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1333

I think Mormeck fight isnt that bad idea at all. Adamek is still very fresh meat in HW and he needs some more fights even against bums just to acustome little bit more before he decides to call out Klit. This fight would be sold well in Poland and one easier foe after such a frequency of fights isnt any huge disgrace refering to Adamek. It's not only his body must he addapt to, but also a new style employed by his new coaches.
drowller is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Adamek just wants an easier welcome home fight in New Jersey, then Mormeck is a great fit. Adamek will beat him, and beat him badly. Against a common opponent, Bell, Mormeck lost and struggled in a controversial win, whereas Adamek easily dispatched of the Jamaican slugger. Mormeck barely beat Oquendo, whereas Adamek clearly beat Arreola, who employs a similar pressure style to Mormeck but is much larger and harder hitting. Sorry Mormeck fans, but Adamek dismantles JMM.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-24-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #21
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
You'd think Adamek would be looking for a fight that would continue his appearances on HBO. I don't think HBO says ok to Mormeck.

Then again, he can fill the Prudential centre and make good money fighting Bobby Gunn, so perhaps he'll take the easy money route to keep himself ticking over.
HBO might show the fight just to build up Adamek's marketability. I mean HBO did show Arreola vs Minto.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
jdroy1986
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This would be a pretty good fight imo.
jdroy1986 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
MrFoFody
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 9900

Adamek would have stopped Mormeck @ cruiser weight. He will stop him @ heavyweight as well.
MrFoFody is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #24
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb View Post
HBO might show the fight just to build up Adamek's marketability. I mean HBO did show Arreola vs Minto.
But Arreola is(was?) an HBO fighter and an HBO hype job from the start, Adamek is not. He has only a few HBO apperances. I don't think they are interested in a fight with Mormeck. I don't see Adamek as an HBO fighter.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Wiesiek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
But Arreola is(was?) an HBO fighter and an HBO hype job from the start, Adamek is not. He has only a few HBO apperances. I don't think they are interested in a fight with Mormeck. I don't see Adamek as an HBO fighter.
They could put it in some doubleheader, something like recently Bute miranda-before Pavlik-Martinez.
Wiesiek is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
HBO is committed to showing Adamek's next fight. They know he can draw, and they know he can win, and is pretty fun to watch.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
Mormeck will probably not contend for a world title in my opinion and Adamek has bigger fights on the horizon.
but the bigger fish swim on the wide open water while Adamek barely took off the marine
... the horizon aint close yet
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
boxingbites
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I watched Mormech vs Oquendo and in my opinion it was a hometown decision. Mormeck was so one dimensional and barely landing anything while Oquendo on the outside was much the busier.

Adamek would deal with him no problem in my opinion.
boxingbites is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #29
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Busy ? Oquendo didn't land anything on the outside. His work was so poor that he was never able to keep his opponent at bay. Mormeck had a tight guard and the jabs were blocked.
On the inside Mormeck connected a few times with hooks before the clinches, Oquendo connected with a few uppercuts and that's all. Both were intact in the end. Oquendo had promised a war and he feel robbed what a joke... Who initiated the clinches ? Oquendo wasn't robbed. The guy who paid to see that was robbed imo.
Of course it's close but if you give the close rounds (the rounds with no significant punches...) to the agressor Oquendo could even feel happy with this close decision.
Adamek would be heavily favored to win but at least it would be a fight...
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #30
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir View Post
Busy ? Oquendo didn't land anything on the outside. His work was so poor that he was never able to keep his opponent at bay. Mormeck had a tight guard and the jabs were blocked.
On the inside Mormeck connected a few times with hooks before the clinches, Oquendo connected with a few uppercuts and that's all. Both were intact in the end. Oquendo had promised a war and he feel robbed what a joke... Who initiated the clinches ? Oquendo wasn't robbed. The guy who paid to see that was robbed imo.
Of course it's close but if you give the close rounds (the rounds with no significant punches...) to the agressor Oquendo could even feel happy with this close decision.
Adamek would be heavily favored to win but at least it would be a fight...
It would a fight in that there would be an organized boxing match, however the fight wouldn't be close.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum