Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

actually i think that prime vs prime foreman wins by ko or tko, and even the old foreman 89-91 would have been a very dangerous fight for tyson because stylistical motives but i never believed that tyson was scared of old george , i knew that it was a thing of promoters and money

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3:39

" iŽll face this guy George Foreman before he dies of rigor mortis"

Last edited by heavy_hands; 04-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
actually i think that prime vs prime foreman wins by ko or tko, and even the old foreman 89-91 would have been a very dangerous fight for tyson because stylistical motives but i never believed that tyson was scared of old george , i knew that it was a thing of promoters and money

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3:39

" iŽll face this guy George Foreman before he dies of rigor mortis"
Foreman wasn't even a worthy opponent for Tyson. Foreman was just a big name who would have lost to most guys in the top ten.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74;15265701[B
]Foreman wasn't even a worthy opponent for Tyson.[/b] Foreman was just a big name who would have lost to most guys in the top ten.
zero credibility.... obvious that you are partial
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
BoxingGod
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

wait...he said something in a interview about fighting someone? wow that proves it? that is really the same as fighting someone right?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

I don't know that the risk/reward situation was ever right for this fight to happen.

The two guys respected each other, for sure. Tyson was raised with a healthy respect for Foreman, and George knows a great fighter when he sees one.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I don't know that the risk/reward situation was ever right for this fight to happen.

The two guys respected each other, for sure. Tyson was raised with a healthy respect for Foreman, and George knows a great fighter when he sees one.
agreed
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Even though Tyson should be a favorite, Foreman is more dangerous to him than to, say, Holyfield or Lewis. Tyson only goes forward, and George is some mother of a brick wall who can hurt you with arm punches and is handy with uppercuts and roundhouse hooks to the kidneys and liver.

I'd love to have seen it, and would not count out George one bit.
Shake is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #8
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
Foreman wasn't even a worthy opponent for Tyson. Foreman was just a big name who would have lost to most guys in the top ten.
I'd consider myself a realist. There was a reason Big George carefully and painstakingly selected his opposition. He was extremely limited during his comeback, and Big George knew it. But he had his eye on the big pot of money at the end of the rainbow (title shot), so he didn't want to risk losing before he got there.
Even George himself admitted (after his comeback ended of course) that he was the best manager and matchmaker for himself, going to great lengths to avoid any real threats (unless it was for a title).
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Both King and Cayton had Foreman on their fightplans for Tyson, but after he beat Holyfield. Fighting Holyfield was the priority.

Ive done threads on this before
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,660
vCash: 238
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I don't know that the risk/reward situation was ever right for this fight to happen.

The two guys respected each other, for sure. Tyson was raised with a healthy respect for Foreman, and George knows a great fighter when he sees one.
The voice of reason.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
Shawn Kemp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

You know most of the fighters Foreman fought in his early comeback Tyson fought too so why isn't Tyson criticize for fighting the same people? They both fought David Jaco, Steve Zouski, Mark Young, Mike Jameson ect ect ect. I guess Tyson fan boys will give him a free pass right? Then you realize Foreman was 40 coming out of retirement and blew up to 300 pounds.

And what threats did Tyson face? A washed up Holmes? James Tillis a blown up cruiserweight and he should of lost too. Mitch Green? Coke head Tony Tucker who fought him with a broke hand? Tyson did the same thing. Feasted off nobodies who the media were praying could beat him.

And for the people who say Morrison beat Foreman. Morrison could box going backward and Tyson could not.Do you know Foreman never trained for Morrison? He was worried about that sitcom he had instead of training.

Tyson can say what he want but he never wanted to face any real threat who wasn't afraid of him.
Shawn Kemp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kemp View Post
You know most of the fighters Foreman fought in his early comeback Tyson fought too so why isn't Tyson criticize for fighting the same people? They both fought David Jaco, Steve Zouski, Mark Young, Mike Jameson ect ect ect. I guess Tyson fan boys will give him a free pass right? Then you realize Foreman was 40 coming out of retirement and blew up to 300 pounds.

And what threats did Tyson face? A washed up Holmes? James Tillis a blown up cruiserweight and he should of lost too. Mitch Green? Coke head Tony Tucker who fought him with a broke hand? Tyson did the same thing. Feasted off nobodies who the media were praying could beat him.


And for the people who say Morrison beat Foreman. Morrison could box going backward and Tyson could not.Do you know Foreman never trained for Morrison? He was worried about that sitcom he had instead of training.

Tyson can say what he want but he never wanted to face any real threat who wasn't afraid of him.
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Comeback Foreman was a smokes and mirrors freak show and no longer a top fighter

How many rounds did he win against Holyfield, Moorer, Schulz, Morrison? Probably about 6 out of 46 rounds

Didn't Foreman turn down the Tyson fight anyway on the basis that he didn't want to sign with King?
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

I always thought Tyson was scared of big george.. maybe it was an urban legend
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #15
Malcolm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike tyson said that he had intentions to face george foreman

Yeah Foreman said he more scared of a Don King contract than anyone one he'd been in the ring with.
Malcolm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013