Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Yeah, because despite doing huge numbers around the country (something you'd have absolutely no idea about because you don't live here), and being Chocs biggest payday in a long time, genuine interest in the general public for a return which would guarantee a bigger dividend, what possible reason could there have been not to have a rematch?

The biggest clue was a hysterical promoter bounding up the steps between rounds telling his charge (and the rest of the country) what can happen when you don't have all the bases covered.

Something that no doubt explains the current lack of any future opponent.

Still, I guess for some people it makes much more $en$e to drag things out week by week.
I do have the internet though not the "australian version" though. The IBO belt was another tool designed to get pavlik, you know this and you are well aware you are trying to stir. Geale lost and the 'big numbers' failed to materialise in Geale's home town.

Surely he could have forced the rematch as per the contract?

I found khoder's mid fight comments distasteful but they have since been explained long ago as I'm sure you are also aware.

Nice try though
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #32
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Enough with the emoticons already, a self proclaimed genius such as yourself surely doesn't need them to get his 'points' across.

Announce/pronounce, did your little intellect finally figure that out?

As I said, and as usual what you've chosen to ignore, is that the Geale fight was easily Chocs best payday in a long time. The card in tasmanina had nothing to do with there being no return, it would have sold anywhere in the country they had chosen to hold it.

Maybe you need to get the "australian version" of the internet, perhaps it would be a lot more reliable the most of the info you 'scene' to get.

Kohders mid ring traipse up the stairs was explained away by Jeff who tried to insinuate it was the Geale camp who had the judges. Nice try, but sounds a bit hollow after they refused to contest the Medley fight at 154 when the IBO wouldn't bend on Khoders demands to use their judges.

Keep digging that hole son, I know a lot more than I'm letting on and am taking great delight in your current path.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #33
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Enough with the emoticons already, a self proclaimed genius such as yourself surely doesn't need them to get his 'points' across.

Announce/pronounce, did your little intellect finally figure that out?

As I said, and as usual what you've chosen to ignore, is that the Geale fight was easily Chocs best payday in a long time. The card in tasmanina had nothing to do with there being no return, it would have sold anywhere in the country they had chosen to hold it.

Maybe you need to get the "australian version" of the internet, perhaps it would be a lot more reliable the most of the info you 'scene' to get.

Kohders mid ring traipse up the stairs was explained away by Jeff who tried to insinuate it was the Geale camp who had the judges. Nice try, but sounds a bit hollow after they refused to contest the Medley fight at 154 when the IBO wouldn't bend on Khoders demands to use their judges.

Keep digging that hole son, I know a lot more than I'm letting on and am taking great delight in your current path.
The emoticons rile you?

I gave you the dictionary definition

Although tasmanina sounds nice I believe you were looking for tasmania . I'm sure the poor sales in geale's home town made an impact on mundine's decision, obviously they overlooked your status as a promoter extraordinaire and subsequently missed a beat.

Nice turn of phrase . I wasn't referring to Jeff, nice try though. Son? Boasting about 'insider info'? Josey Wales is that you?

20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

The emotions dont rile me at all, they just have the impact of a boisterous ten year olds attempts at attention after a couple of glasses of red cordial.

Yes, you did give a dictionary definition but once again you've shown you had no idea on the actual usage of the words. Example; I pronounce you to be an idiot.

How did the poor sales of both Geale and Mundine fighting nuff nuffs in Tasmania derail the rematch? Was it Chocs original attempts to pass off Falliga as a IBO defence, something even the IBO wouldn't allow? The first fight did huge numbers, if Choc found it in his heart to give Soloman another two bites why wouldn't he take the big cheque on offer for a Geale rematch? If it'd been a WBA belt I'm sure it would have happened.

But remember, it wouldn't have been Chocs decision to renege on the rematch, its Khoder who picks the fights right?

Theres another explanation for Khoder pleading in Chocs corner?

I'm not boasting, you try to pass yourself off as some wise sage while you get most of your info third hand from another website.

Trying to keep up with the demands for footage from some people is almost a full time job in itself.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #35
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
The emotions dont rile me at all, they just have the impact of a boisterous ten year olds attempts at attention after a couple of glasses of red cordial.

Yes, you did give a dictionary definition but once again you've shown you had no idea on the actual usage of the words. Example; I pronounce you to be an idiot.

How did the poor sales of both Geale and Mundine fighting nuff nuffs in Tasmania derail the rematch? Was it Chocs original attempts to pass off Falliga as a IBO defence, something even the IBO wouldn't allow? The first fight did huge numbers, if Choc found it in his heart to give Soloman another two bites why wouldn't he take the big cheque on offer for a Geale rematch? If it'd been a WBA belt I'm sure it would have happened.

But remember, it wouldn't have been Chocs decision to renege on the rematch, its Khoder who picks the fights right?

Theres another explanation for Khoder pleading in Chocs corner?

I'm not boasting, you try to pass yourself off as some wise sage while you get most of your info third hand from another website.

Trying to keep up with the demands for footage from some people is almost a full time job in itself.
For someone who doesn't get riled by them you seem pretty riled .

Keep clinging to that one, it might go down as a big win in 'tasmanina' , but my dictionary is just fine. For someone trying to play the role of grammar nazi it would be wise to check your posts before you submit them .

I'm pretty sure pavlik was on the horizon and there was no "rematch clause" despite what the crackpots are telling you. Geale brings nothing to the table in a rematch.

I'm sure in your last post khoder was "mid-ring", make up your mind 'son' .

The scene gets it's news quickly, what is wrong with that? If you are so clued in and anti-boxing site why do you spend the majority of your time on a boxing forum attempting to be funny online especially when you seem to fail regularly?

No-one asked about the amount of footage you do or don't "gift" to others
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #36
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

You see little man, not everything revolves around you.

Theres a couple of lines in my posts for other people who'll know what I mean.

'Pretty sure' Pavlik was on the horizon? Last week it was a done deal, the week before it was just HBO holding out...what will it be next week?

Typos are a little different to a complete lack of knowledge of a word and its uses, but nice attempt at deflection.

No little man, I'm not anti boxing site at all. I just don't rely them for all my news, especially when I can usually find out whats going on with a couple of calls. You just keep on hitting refresh.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #37
app80
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
For someone who doesn't get riled by them you seem pretty riled .

Keep clinging to that one, it might go down as a big win in 'tasmanina' , but my dictionary is just fine. For someone trying to play the role of grammar nazi it would be wise to check your posts before you submit them .

I'm pretty sure pavlik was on the horizon and there was no "rematch clause" despite what the crackpots are telling you. Geale brings nothing to the table in a rematch.

I'm sure in your last post khoder was "mid-ring", make up your mind 'son' .

The scene gets it's news quickly, what is wrong with that? If you are so clued in and anti-boxing site why do you spend the majority of your time on a boxing forum attempting to be funny online especially when you seem to fail regularly?

No-one asked about the amount of footage you do or don't "gift" to others
Pot Kettle Black - why do you spend the majority of your time on a boxing forum attempting to be funny online especially when you seem to fail regularly?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #38
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
You see little man, not everything revolves around you.

Theres a couple of lines in my posts for other people who'll know what I mean.

'Pretty sure' Pavlik was on the horizon? Last week it was a done deal, the week before it was just HBO holding out...what will it be next week?

Typos are a little different to a complete lack of knowledge of a word and its uses, but nice attempt at deflection.

No little man, I'm not anti boxing site at all. I just don't rely them for all my news, especially when I can usually find out whats going on with a couple of calls. You just keep on hitting refresh.
Truly a clutching at straws post . Footage master . The pavlik argument is proven already like the geale spiel you like to trot out periodically. You have locked horns with a superior mind it's nothing to be ashamed of, a resident like you should know it's not 'tasmanina' but you don't it's not a big deal.

You are referring to "a ibo" contact , those notorious ambassadors of impartiality.

Come up with a fresh approach for tomorrow you are looking very much like kevin mitchell at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by app80 View Post
Pot Kettle Black - why do you spend the majority of your time on a boxing forum attempting to be funny online especially when you seem to fail regularly?
You accidentally quoted me instead of yourself in this post. No harm done though.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

No genius, not an IBO contact at all. Keep digging.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #40
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,437
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Great fight for Geale & for Oz boxing. Be a good test since his last when he beat mandy, got shafted on the decision & then the rematch. At least he's moving forward.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #41
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Great fight for Geale & for Oz boxing. Be a good test since his last when he beat mandy, got shafted on the decision & then the rematch. At least he's moving forward.
Now now mate...dont tell porkys your scored the fight to Mundine
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #42
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Great fight for Geale & for Oz boxing. Be a good test since his last when he beat mandy, got shafted on the decision & then the rematch. At least he's moving forward.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #43
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 110
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Macklin will beat Geale. Better opposition, more experience at a high level. The "reverse Katsidis v Mitchell" if you will. Geale is definitely decent, but he's getting over-rated a bit based on his scrap with a pretty much past it, weight drained Mundine

Will definitely be a good competitive fight though, definitely looking forward to it. If you guys haven't checked out Macklin V Moore, its on youtube and is an absolute belter of a fight.
Sai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #44
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #45
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,433
vCash: 970
Default Re: Geale v Macklin in Sydney - August

....more Geale speculation:


Geale aims for world title

The Mercury

DANIELLE McKAY - May 20, 2010


By year's end Daniel Geale, the former world IBO middle weight champion, is confident he can again call himself the best.

Finally, negotiations have secured a pivotal fight for the pro boxer that, should he taste victory, will send him to an IBF world middleweight title fight.

Geale, 29, defends his IBF Pan-Pacific belt in a bout against reality TV contestant, Australian Contender finalist Kariz Kariuki at Wollongong on June 2.

A win will increase Geale's current IBF world No. 7 ranking, and position The Real Deal for some action against the federation's top fighters.

"If I can beat Kariuki I have the opportunity to fight for the No. 1 IBF position," Geale said.

"The top spot is vacant right now, so as long as I win I get the chance to fight for it.

"We're already looking at fighting Mathew Macklin or a couple of other top ranked players so I can get there.

"Then, the current champion German Sebastian Sylvester is forced into a mandatory defence, and he'll have to fight me for the world title."

Geale said his management was already in negotiations with the English fighter Macklin, with a tournament possible as soon as August.

"It's frustrating as a pro to get the timing of fights right," he said.

"There's been a lot of waiting, but we're into the business end of the year and there's every chance by end of year I can get that world title."

Geale said he had been studying Macklin's and Sylvester's form, and he was confident he could take them.

One major hurdle in his pursuit for domination however, is Sylvester's reluctance to fight outside of Germany.

"We're trying really hard to get an Australian bid for the tournament, but Sylvester doesn't like fighting out of Germany," he said.

"That means if the fight goes down to a split points decision, you tend not to get the win.

"We're lucky at the gym, we have world class sparring partners, but I am hungry at the moment, I'm really looking forward to the fight next month," he said.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013