Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Fight to take place Crowtree Leisure Centre in Sunderland on the 4th July for the Vacant British Title.

My mate now has a chance to capture the British title but it wont be easy.It will be a great fight.

Napa has tons of Experience,nice Defense,very crafty & durable.No Punch power at all.

Hall will be huge compare to Ian,Hall stands at 5ft 8 where as Napa is 5ft 1.Its not just the height,Stuey will naturally be a lot bigger then Napa.

Napa is 1 of my Favorite fighters at the lower weights,to come back after all those years out and dominate the BantamWeight division before getting robbed against Mcdonnell was a great achievement but i think Stuey will finally retire Ian after this fight,Napa wont have any where to go if he loses.

Nice to see My friend finally get the chance to win a title,I was not surprise when Davies pulled out of their English Title fight,i kinda predicted it.

Your opinions Please.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
diggler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

thought gary davies deserved the shot, he only narrowly lost to napa and is coming of a 1st round ko over andy bell
diggler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Your right in saying that Gary deserves the shot more then Stuey. His record proves that he has achieve more then Stuey has.IMO gary would again lose against the experience crafty Napa. I have said before and will say again,Hall would beat Gary Davies,Stuey would be too big for him.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
neil hibbert
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: liverpool
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

funny man check the facts on who pulled out of the fight
neil hibbert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
curly
Fastest hands in the West
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where I lay my hat's my home, I'm a rolling stone
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 660
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Ian Napa's parents must be cunts
curly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In The Blue Corner...
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Gary Davies should have another crack at Napa...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil hibbert View Post
funny man check the facts on who pulled out of the fight
We had this discussion about 4 weeks before the Hall v Davies Fight and i told you then that Davies would pull out.I also said that it would be wise for Gary to pull out because Stuey was a very hard come back fight after losing to Napa. Gary is a very good fighter,more skillful then Stuey but not as strong.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Never seen your man fight but Waar!! Napa.

Hope your man is not just a straight ahead Box fighter because he will lose.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
neil hibbert
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: liverpool
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

believe me mate it was ur supposed friend who pulled out of the fight hence why gary still fought on the specified date and hall never so get some facts right before you post, plus theres not a chance he will be stronger than gary, oh and how strong will he be considering hes never made bantam? with regards to the fight i hope napa wins as gary will get a crack at the winner and would like to see him in with napa at 100 percent, i think napa will win a wide ud an halls very basic imo!
neil hibbert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post
Never seen your man fight but Waar!! Napa.

Hope your man is not just a straight ahead Box fighter because he will lose.
Stuey is 5ft 8in compare Napa being 5ft 1in. Hall will be big at the weight,Naturally the bigger man.

I know that height don't win boxing matches but i just cant see Napa being able to do anything about Stuey coming forward throwing haymakers.I would like to see Napa finish well but i see him being stopped around the 6-7 rounds.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scully View Post
Stuey is 5ft 8in compare Napa being 5ft 1in. Hall will be big at the weight,Naturally the bigger man.

I know that height don't win boxing matches but i just cant see Napa being able to do anything about Stuey coming forward throwing haymakers.I would like to see Napa finish well but i see him being stopped around the 6-7 rounds.
Jamie McDonnell 5ft 8 in.

Trying to nail Napa with big punches is not a good strategy imo, you should just be looking to get your hands on him first.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil hibbert View Post
believe me mate it was ur supposed friend who pulled out of the fight hence why gary still fought on the specified date and hall never so get some facts right before you post, plus theres not a chance he will be stronger than gary, oh and how strong will he be considering hes never made bantam? with regards to the fight i hope napa wins as gary will get a crack at the winner and would like to see him in with napa at 100 percent, i think napa will win a wide ud an halls very basic imo!
You make me laugh man...If you think that Stuey pulled out. Why is it then that Hall gets the british title fight ahead of Gary ? Stuey wants all the big fights,His manager (Frank Maloney) knows this,after stopping Martin Power and wanting to do the same to Davies,Frank has now awarded him this title chance.

If Hall had pull out of the fight with Your Friend Davies,then Gary would be pencil in to fight Napa.

Your man will be fighting the winner & as you say,you hope its Napa Because if Hall wins,Gary will not fight Stuey. Gary will go the commonwealth route.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Jim Scully
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post
Jamie McDonnell 5ft 8 in.

Trying to nail Napa with big punches is not a good strategy imo, you should just be looking to get your hands on him first.
Hall is not a big puncher,just Naturally stronger then Napa.

Your right,Mcdonnell is also 5ft 8 & was coming up from S-fly where as Hall has boxed at Feather.
Jim Scully is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scully View Post
Hall is not a big puncher,just Naturally stronger then Napa.

Your right,Mcdonnell is also 5ft 8 & was coming up from S-fly where as Hall is has boxed at Feather.
I dont put much stock in size, not if you dont match up well stylistically, now even though Hall has a reach advantage its about what you do with it, same goes for being the naturally stronger man, Napa's style is based on making you commit to your punches and giving up your height so he can slip them where by you fall in and allow him to counter, a guy looking to impose his size and committing to his punches is not going to beat Napa imo, he is negating his reach and fighting Napa's fight.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stuey Hall V Ian Napa - British Title

Why has McDonnell vacated the British?



It's moves like these that de-value titles, it's not a merry go round ffs.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013