Paulie WINS TKO/KO 9 8.33%
DRAW 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Amir ''KING'' Khan vs Paulie ''Magic Man'' Malignaggi (WBA WORLD TITLE)

Who wins lets here it.

For me Khan wins TKO/KO 9th round.

It's KING KHAN TIME.
Darni187 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: Amir ''KING'' Khan vs Paulie ''Magic Man'' Malignaggi (WBA WORLD TITLE)

Khan by decision. Will be pretty easy as well.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Amir ''KING'' Khan vs Paulie ''Magic Man'' Malignaggi (WBA WORLD TITLE)

I think that Khan will box the ears off The Magic Man and could with the volume of punches stop him...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
duffman85
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

A rare match were Khan wont have to worry about his chin and can concentrate on landing his power shots. Freddie Roach is predicting a 3rd round stoppage and has a habbit of being correct.

I'm going for Khan to win in a 4th round stoppage.
duffman85 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Malignaggi being underestimated by Khan and Roach, I don't think it'll be an easy night for either of them. Paulie PTS.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Darni, you know Khan is going to lose

Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
Yobbie
Full-Time Fighter

vCash: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman85 View Post
A rare match were Khan wont have to worry about his chin and can concentrate on landing his power shots. Freddie Roach is predicting a 3rd round stoppage and has a habbit of being correct.

I'm going for Khan to win in a 4th round stoppage.
Yep, that's how I see things going with this fight. I think Khan will stop Paulie later, around the 6th. I don't like Khan though and won't be sorry if he loses to Paulie.
Yobbie is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Paulie likes to keep the leading left low, flicking out his jab, and tries to block shots with his right and moving his head and hips. Got good movement and footwork but if pressed in the right way will try to duck and hold on.

Khan is going to expose that low left with pressure straight down the middle leading in with fast jab's which have a longer reach than Paulie's and straight rights all night. Paulie will try to move and duck out the way but Khan handspeed and pressing will pin him. Khan's use of his full reach by not hooking much, speed, and jab will be the key.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #9
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
darni, you know khan is going to lose

:d
:d
Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
ciaran
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 163

king khan haha makes me laugh that

paulie on points
ciaran is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Khan mid-late TKO on accumulation, IMO. I think Malignaggi has had his moment going to the well with Cotto, and Hatton completely outclassed him as well. Khan has the superior speed and reach and, as he can't break an egg, I don't see how there's any chance Malignaggi can win this fight 'on paper'. Can't wait for this one as it'll be really interesting to see more of the offensive parts of Khan's game that Roach has said that they've been working on.

Remember to click the 'make poll public' option as it's interesting to see how others voted as well, Darni.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'll go for Khan wide points.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Khan mid-rounds (rounds 2 to 11) stoppage. Paulie usually has faster hands than his opponents, I thnk Khans speed will nullify Paulies and then its down to who connects with the bigger punches.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #14
johna_83
31/10/2010
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Logically everything should point to Khan winning this on points, but i think he'll break Paulie down and stop him in the mid rounds.

Since the Kotelnik fight, when it was all about speed speed speed hit and get out and there was no emphasis on power, all i've heard out of the Khan camp is that they've worked more on standing in the firing line and have developed Amir's strength and power. Although Salita wasn't exactly a top opponent Khan still dropped him hard with one straight right hand, so maybe the power is starting to develop as he starts to sit down on his shots more, and i think another training camp with Ariza with this emphasis will only make him hit harder.

As well as this i think Paulie's chin might be slightly over-rated. He was wobbled pretty bad by Hatton in the 2nd round of their fight and hanging on for dear life. Yes he did go 12 with Cotto but Cotto killed himself to make 140, and he could probably see the shots coming. The shots that hurt you the most are the ones you don't see, and i'm sure Paulie hasn't been in with anyone as fast as Amir.

This speed and improving power of Khan will lead to a 5/6th round TKO IMO
johna_83 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Chisora Stoppage
Mitchell Points
Khan Points is my treble for next Saturday.
Grant1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum