boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #61
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 697
vCash: 236
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taff View Post
If you were putting on 500 to make 2000, fair enough, but 2000 to make 500? too much risk. There is no guarantee Khan will win, although he probably will, it's too big a risk for the reward.

I remember when Ricky Hatton said "put your house on me winning my fight against Manny".

must be a few homeless people about now.
I know 2,000 is a big risk, but i really feel its an easy 500. I just can't see Malignaggi winning this.
ai786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #62
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewd_dude View Post
This is possibly one of the best mug punter posts i've read. You won't put money on good odds because it normally fails and if you put money on the underdog it has to be because you think it will win not because of the odds.

Basically saying you will back short priced odds even if it is too short because it has more chance of winning but you won't back an odds against shot even if it is far bigger than it should be because you don't have a feeling it will win. Ridiculous.

So if someone sees a fight with 1/2 shot v a 11/8 in their head they shouldn't back the 11/8 shot at 15/8 because its good value odds just because it 'normally' fails. Also if a 2/1 underdog is 5/1 they shouldn't back it unless they 'really' think it will win.
He was pretty much spot on.

People who get hardons about 'value' generally gamble too much, and lose overall, no doubt. As do people who talk about 'mug punters' - the mugs are the guys handing over their hard earned, thinking they know enough to win consistently... when they don't.

Backing something because it's priced wrong - even though you don't fancy it - is stupid in my book, speaking as an average guy who has the odd bet.


Nothing is quite as stupid as this ****heads talk of 'guarantees' though.
trotter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #63
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 697
vCash: 236
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
He was pretty much spot on.

People who get hardons about 'value' generally gamble too much, and lose overall, no doubt. As do people who talk about 'mug punters' - the mugs are the guys handing over their hard earned, thinking they know enough to win consistently... when they don't.

Backing something because it's priced wrong - even though you don't fancy it - is stupid in my book, speaking as an average guy who has the odd bet.


Nothing is quite as stupid as this ****heads talk of 'guarantees' though.
F off it is a guarantee ****!
ai786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #64
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 324
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Winning doesn't automatically make something a smart bet.

I'm sure every gambler has made a bet at some point that they won, but learned a lesson not to repeat it in future.

I certainly know I wouldn't shove 2k on Khan to beat anybody, especially at 1/5 - when really he shouldn't be any shorter than 4/9.

A smart bet in this one would be Khan on points, even money. No more than 20-30.

If you fancy a dabble at 2k shove it on Chisora to stop Williams.
It'll go 12

For easy money, put it all on Leeds to go straight back down next year...
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #65
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyD1983 View Post
It'll go 12

For easy money, put it all on Leeds to go straight back down next year...


Not sure I'd have the stones to put 2k on any fight, especially Danny Williams - even though everything points to him being chinned bad.

Leeds
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #66
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 697
vCash: 236
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

two more days till my 500 quid payday lol.
ai786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #67
Shrewd_dude
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 121
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
He was pretty much spot on.

People who get hardons about 'value' generally gamble too much, and lose overall, no doubt. As do people who talk about 'mug punters' - the mugs are the guys handing over their hard earned, thinking they know enough to win consistently... when they don't.

Backing something because it's priced wrong - even though you don't fancy it - is stupid in my book, speaking as an average guy who has the odd bet.


Nothing is quite as stupid as this ****heads talk of 'guarantees' though.
Okay so if I toss a coin and ask you whether you fancy heads or tails and you say tails. Then I open a market offering odds of 6/4 on heads and 1/2 on tails you're saying you wouldn't back heads because you wouldn't back something you didn't think would win because that would be 'stupid'?
Shrewd_dude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #68
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 697
vCash: 236
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewd_dude View Post
Okay so if I toss a coin and ask you whether you fancy heads or tails and you say tails. Then I open a market offering odds of 6/4 on heads and 1/2 on tails you're saying you wouldn't back heads because you wouldn't back something you didn't think would win because that would be 'stupid'?
thats not a good example, heads and tails is 50/50, Amir khan and Paulie Malignaggi is not 50-50 its 100-0 Khan all the way, anyone with a brain will lump it on Khan to make some cash.
ai786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #69
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 664
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

"Guarantee" suggests that you will be compensating people who follow your advice but who are out of pocket when Khan loses...is this the case? and if so, where do I sign up?
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #70
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

So you think Khan will more than likely win? well thanks for that amazing revelation, it's not like every bookie in the land says the same.

Also, please check out the definition of guaranteed.
JonOli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #71
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

This is no guarantee.

I see Khan winning so I have $85 on him. But not getting a lot to win- $17. Pretty ****ty bet but I am very confident that Khan will win.

I'm also betting on Katsidis (who is the betting underdog)
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #72
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingscience View Post
like you i'm a very good gambler. i also did the mayweather win over mosley after mayweather got hurt at odds 4/5. i also did dirrell to beat abraham. ward to beat kessler, and martinez to beat pavlik. like i said i'm very good, but not even i would put money on khan. too dodgy. he's a fighter who i just don't feel confident in. i got confidence in his ability, but i'm going to be ****ping myself everytime a punch lands on him, and that there is just not for me.

your bet should come through. if i had a choice i would choose khan, but not at them odds. no way.
Your virtual cash accumulation says otherwise.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #73
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai786 View Post
thats not a good example, heads and tails is 50/50, Amir khan and Paulie Malignaggi is not 50-50 its 100-0 Khan all the way, anyone with a brain will lump it on Khan to make some cash.
Nothing is 100-0 in boxing you idiot. Christ, how can you claim to know so much about betting and come out with a statement like that. What if Khan twists his ankle and stuggles. If Paulie manages to cut Khan badly and force a stoppage, what if Khan gets disqualified. All it takes is an upset like that to swiftly change your "guaranteed result" mentality.

Betting on Khan is a decent enough bet, but nothing is 100%
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #74
Danny-boy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 303
vCash: 7022
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

khan walked over kotelnik because he was too fast for him

he destroyed salita because he was glass jawed

paulie has the speed to compete with khan and a chin which will take his punches

this guy has been in with cotto and hatton, and to think khan will do what they couldn't and KO him (hatton was lucky the towl was thrown in, otherwise it would have been going the distance) is mad in my opinion

this fight is going the distance with a clear khan decision, at least 4-5 rounds ahead, and my 20 is on it at evens
Danny-boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #75
cankerd
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a pig's arse, friend
Posts: 95
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai786 View Post
I know 2,000 is a big risk, but i really feel its an easy 500. I just can't see Malignaggi winning this.
...tense, nervous, headache...
cankerd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015