Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Destiny -Kostya Tzsyu

Just watched this documentary for the 2nd time, though I couldn't remember much of it..and thought it was awesome..
One of the best video reviews of a boxer's life..

Highlighted his 3 title fights that earned him the WBC, WBA and IBF belts to become undisputed champion, with good analytical footage of each fight by Kostya and Johnny.

Really entertaining doc.

What did you guys think?
ranser is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Destiny -Kostya Tzsyu

78 views no reply

mate i thought it was a great DVD the unification of those belts was a massive achievement from Kostya and Johnny. it was just a pity kostya grew old overnight in manchester because a win over ricky may have set up some even bigger fights

MUNDINE AND GREEN

there you might get some more replys now
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

where did you see it / can we get it?
shiner is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

it s a DVD bit old now only place I would think might be on Kostyas website other then that wouldn't know
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

I jonestly thought it was a bit of a letdown.. Not much in ring footage, not much history on kostya, No behind the scenes stuff, no interviews with opponents or anyone of note really, other than his trainer and a few friends.
I was quite dissappointed. Danny greens video was much better.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #6
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
78 views no reply

mate i thought it was a great DVD the unification of those belts was a massive achievement from Kostya and Johnny. it was just a pity kostya grew old overnight in manchester because a win over ricky may have set up some even bigger fights

MUNDINE AND GREEN

there you might get some more replys now
He didn't grow old overnight, he was just a guy who couldn't adjust. As a pro he was very straight forward and he quit on his stool against Hatton. I've got this dvd and his book and I can tell you that he is a very stubborn man with absolutely no idea about sports science which is a shame as he could of been so much greater if he was more flexible inside and outside of the ring. In his pro career he was one dimensional and stiff, relying on his power and forgetting how to box, abit like a smaller more skilled version of Danny Green. You look at Pacquaio, because he is a humble man he's been growing constantly since he turned pro. Tzsyu is a very proud and stubborn man so he never improved as a pro, his answer to everything was 'work harder'. That is dumb and the reason why he is not a great.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #7
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
He didn't grow old overnight, he was just a guy who couldn't adjust. As a pro he was very straight forward and he quit on his stool against Hatton. I've got this dvd and his book and I can tell you that he is a very stubborn man with absolutely no idea about sports science which is a shame as he could of been so much greater if he was more flexible inside and outside of the ring. In his pro career he was one dimensional and stiff, relying on his power and forgetting how to box, abit like a smaller more skilled version of Danny Green. You look at Pacquaio, because he is a humble man he's been growing constantly since he turned pro. Tzsyu is a very proud and stubborn man so he never improved as a pro, his answer to everything was 'work harder'. That is dumb and the reason why he is not a great.

Yes he was very determined and single minded outside the ring and did everything his way. however i think he was a little better then you make him out to be. he is also a very nice person outside the ring who has a lot of time for his friends
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:
How the **** is he not a great ???

Also lefty, are you an Aussie and if so do you actually like any boxers from this country ?
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

unify your division, dominate for years is mediocre all of a sudden. huh? some people r stubborn alright, lol.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
How the **** is he not a great ???

Also lefty, are you an Aussie and if so do you actually like any boxers from this country ?
How is he a great? He lost to average fighters without avenging or even trying to avenge those defeats, he never beat a top fighter in their prime.
And yeah I like Daniel Geale, Paul Briggs and Darchinyan if you'd call him an aussie.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Yes he was very determined and single minded outside the ring and did everything his way. however i think he was a little better then you make him out to be. he is also a very nice person outside the ring who has a lot of time for his friends
Yeah I'm sure he is a good guy, I think being stubborn for him might have been a cultural thing, my mother was russian/ukranian and she was very stubborn.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ive lost count the number of times I've watched this.
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #13
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:
How is he a great? He lost to average fighters without avenging or even trying to avenge those defeats, he never beat a top fighter in their prime.
And yeah I like Daniel Geale, Paul Briggs and Darchinyan if you'd call him an aussie.
Maybe your definition of great is alot different to mine but unifying a division for the first time in 30 years is a big deal imo.

I'll admit the Phillips loss is a negative but the Hatton loss is no big deal. Tszyu's last fight, he was 35 years old and Hatton has only ever lost to two all time greats in Mayweather and Pacquiao but was undefeated at the time.

I bet hes a first ballot hall of famer.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #14
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

pacman was ko'd by complete nobodies, does that diminish what he is achieving now? he is mediocre now because of those losses r on his record huh?

nearly all great fighters have losses on their record that look disappointing. funny how haters always go on about fighters losses but not go on about their best performances.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
pacman was ko'd by complete nobodies, does that diminish what he is achieving now? he is mediocre now because of those losses r on his record huh?

nearly all great fighters have losses on their record that look disappointing. funny how haters always go on about fighters losses but not go on about their best performances.
Okay, what are Kostya Tzsyus best performances? He was a good fighter but the fact that his most impressive performance was in an amateur fight shows that he didn't reach his potential as a pro. I'm far from a hater, I'd say I'm a Tzsyu fan but he is nowhere near an all time great as some people like to claim.

Pacman didn't have much of an amateur career and turned pro as a little boy. Who has he beat since then? A long list of great fighters, some in their primes which is something Tzsyu never managed to do. Judah, Mitchell? Losing to Hatton? Be objective.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum