Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Destiny -Kostya Tzsyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Okay, what are Kostya Tzsyus best performances? He was a good fighter but the fact that his most impressive performance was in an amateur fight shows that he didn't reach his potential as a pro. I'm far from a hater, I'd say I'm a Tzsyu fan but he is nowhere near an all time great as some people like to claim.

Pacman didn't have much of an amateur career and turned pro as a little boy. Who has he beat since then? A long list of great fighters, some in their primes which is something Tzsyu never managed to do. Judah, Mitchell? Losing to Hatton? Be objective.
Kosyas best performances in terms of what? The name of a fighter, or the quality of the fighter at the time you beat them?

It depends on how you define a fighters best performance, is floyd a better fighter now that hes beaten THE GREAT SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY, or if he bypassed mosley and beat a devon alexander or a tim bradley, which would be the equivalent of kostya beating a sharmba, gonzales or zab ,would it surpass the beating mosley achievement?

Would any one remember devon or bradleys names in ten years on floyds resume?or would they remember shanes?

Would you consider pacmans achievements higher than kostyas? Pac beat a not prime cotto,hatton,delahoya. Take these guys of packmans resume and what do you have? If pac beat these guys when they were 25,30 and 0 would his resume be stronger?

KOSTA beat very good fighters that were on there way to becoming greats , Problem was they made a mistake and fought kostya, kos didnt let them become great, because kostya was the greatest at 140.

Gota go fruit salad waiting

ps i agree with the kostya overtraining and stubborn part.
sparta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Kosyas best performances in terms of what? The name of a fighter, or the quality of the fighter at the time you beat them?

It depends on how you define a fighters best performance, is floyd a better fighter now that hes beaten THE GREAT SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY, or if he bypassed mosley and beat a devon alexander or a tim bradley, which would be the equivalent of kostya beating a sharmba, gonzales or zab ,would it surpass the beating mosley achievement?

Would any one remember devon or bradleys names in ten years on floyds resume?or would they remember shanes?

Would you consider pacmans achievements higher than kostyas? Pac beat a not prime cotto,hatton,delahoya. Take these guys of packmans resume and what do you have? If pac beat these guys when they were 25,30 and 0 would his resume be stronger?

KOSTA beat very good fighters that were on there way to becoming greats , Problem was they made a mistake and fought kostya, kos didnt let them become great, because kostya was the greatest at 140.

I'd say both of those factors contribute to a 'best performance'. Pac is great because he beat fighters like Barrera, Morales and Marquez when they were beasts before moving up in weight to demolish those guys you mentioned who I believe were still close to prime with the exception of De La Hoya. I don't buy the whole Mosley is done angle people are coming with now, Mayweather just made him look like that.
Are you claiming that Tzsyu ruined young fighters so that they never became what they should of been? He fought good competition from the start but most of those names he fought were past it. I think Judah would have to be his best win because of the history of that fight and the fact that Judah was undefeated at that point. Really though Judah is just a good athlete and not a fighter, he doesn't have the mental strength or the chin to match his physical abilities. Tzsyu could of been so much better as a pro.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #18
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post

Saying that Hatton and Cotto weren't in their prime is a bit of a stretch IMO...

Not sure Kostya is the greatest 140lbs fighter either. He's probably third on my list, but I'm not going to split hairs. Great fighter none the less.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

is the programme on youtube?
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
ranser
Contender