Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010
Default Re: Amir Khan: Whoever wants to fight me, just tell them to line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Because it comes across as incredibly arrogant and twattish.

I've often been accused of arrogance by various people, but never at any stage have I started with any of that shit. If I did I'd soon end up with a broken nose courtesy of one of my mates.
What kind of pre-historic, cave dwelling, rubbing two sticks together to create fire discovering, wheel creating, uncivilised mates have you got, who cant talk about the issue rather than resorting to violence. Its people like you and your mates who northerners look bad.

But yea, its the one thing that really puts me off Ricky Hatton too, but atleast he's not referring to himself in the third person as King Khan, now that really would piss me off. Froch refers to himself as the Cobra lol
mugen82 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen82 View Post
What kind of pre-historic, cave dwelling, rubbing two sticks together to create fire discovering, wheel creating, uncivilised mates have you got, who cant talk about the issue rather than resorting to violence. Its people like you and your mates who northerners look bad.

But yea, its the one thing that really puts me off Ricky Hatton too, but atleast he's not referring to himself in the third person as King Khan, now that really would piss me off. Froch refers to himself as the Cobra lol
since when do northerners look bad,i look quite good,considering.
what are you a pacifist,soft pansyoh and we use matchers up north now as well,and horses and carts,and our caves av leccy
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
So instead he should say nothing or say "No thanks, I don't want them"?
It's either one. Bradley does it, Alexander does it, Maidana does it, why can't Khan?
Because Khans been doing it since the dawn of time and yet hes still ducking the best. The kid honestly believes he is the next manny pacquiao and hes a bit deluded. So basically he just sounds like a twat. Until he does something worth shouting about he needs to shut the **** up and get on with it. And stop calling people out who are way above your station. Or at least when you do call them out...dont go and duck them later!
oli is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Because Khans been doing it since the dawn of time and yet hes still ducking the best. The kid honestly believes he is the next manny pacquiao and hes a bit deluded. So basically he just sounds like a twat. Until he does something worth shouting about he needs to shut the **** up and get on with it. And stop calling people out who are way above your station. Or at least when you do call them out...dont go and duck them later!
The guys a world title holder now, he's got no choice but to take on all comers. He did it when he was young, and had a shitty international intercontinental title, but now he'l have no excuses, he's gonna have to fight the best.
Talking shit brings you collumn inches, something which Khan has had alot of recently.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'll fight anyone me................

Erm how about rematching Prescott or fighting maidana like you should have done. ?

Funny thing is the majority of the British Public want him to fight Prescott again, he would beat him with ease yet he's too scared to. And he'd beat Maidan if he stuck to a plan, Maidana is shite.

This is how stupid Khan is. He's looking past Malignaggi (I doubt this will cost him but it could do) and he wants to fight Alexander/Bradley next instead of Maidana, Marquez and Prescott.

The 3 he could probably beat and would get the most respect for by the casual observer he chooses against fighting but the 2 relatively unknown fighters (outside us Boxing fans) he wants to fight and both will destroy him
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #21
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

brucebufershair see's nothing wrong with talking about yourself in the third person it is a sure sign of a healthy and well balanced personality . brucebufershair also believes Khan will fight Maidana next and beat him using hand speed and constant movement. brucebuferhair believes he is the best poster on the british forum and will on day go on to unify the forums becoming an ESB GOAT in the process . brucebufershair is in no way slightly deluded.
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #22
sg85
Bang on the chan
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebufershair View Post
brucebufershair see's nothing wrong with talking about yourself in the third person it is a sure sign of a healthy and well balanced personality . brucebufershair also believes Khan will fight Maidana next and beat him using hand speed and constant movement. brucebuferhair believes he is the best poster on the british forum and will on day go on to unify the forums becoming an ESB GOAT in the process . brucebufershair is in no way slightly deluded.
sg85 would like some of what brucebuferhair is smoking!
sg85 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
Khan:

"This is about proving how good Amir Khan is and proving to the 140lb division how good I am.

"Whoever wants to fight me, just tell them to line up, I'll fight all of them.

"I'm ready, I'll hopefully get this guy out of the way and my American debut out the way and then I'll be ready for all the other fighters in the division and we'll just go from there."

Sounds a little confident. So he should be tho, he'll wipe the floor with Paulie and make the MagicMan disappear!
Disgraceful!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #24
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I also hate the way he talks about himself in the third person.

It's also less than 95% I reckon

That aside, I hope Khan actually finds someone who can hurt him next time. All this waiting for the inevitable K.O is making me bored now.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Disgraceful!!
x2
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Disgraceful!!
Its a new low Gaz.

I mean this shit is worse than a Churchill advert.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #27
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post

I'll fight anyone me................

Erm how about rematching Prescott or fighting maidana like you should have done. ?

Funny thing is the majority of the British Public want him to fight Prescott again, he would beat him with ease yet he's too scared to. And he'd beat Maidan if he stuck to a plan, Maidana is shite.

This is how stupid Khan is. He's looking past Malignaggi (I doubt this will cost him but it could do) and he wants to fight Alexander/Bradley next instead of Maidana, Marquez and Prescott.

The 3 he could probably beat and would get the most respect for by the casual observer he chooses against fighting but the 2 relatively unknown fighters (outside us Boxing fans) he wants to fight and both will destroy him

Really mate?

I think Marquez would belt him into next week!

Hopefully Losfer won't be reading

Agree with the rest though
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Maidana should be considered more of a threat IMO. People assume Khan is just going to be able to 'stick to a gameplan' all the time; Boxing just isn't like that, and Cayo was a good fighter IMO; Maidana got the job done, and I think he's awkward enough to land something on Khans wet paper chin to send the poor chap stumbling.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Yeah as much as I hate to say it I think Khan could probably run for 12 for a dec
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #30
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
Its a new low Gaz.
When will we get used to boxers trying to get publicity for their upcoming fights?

Quote:
I mean this shit is worse than a Churchill advert.
No No No No No.....
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum