Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default If Mitchell Trades like he did with Johansson hes going to sleep.

He cant let the night get to him and start getting into a war with this aussie banger if he does its lights out. He needs the temperament he brought to the Presscot fight.
emallini is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Default Re: If Mitchell Trades like he did with Johansson hes going to sleep.

Yeah i agree, But where as he fought Prescott a one dimensional b level fighter with the ring iq of a kid. He's now fighting in front of his family friends and fans in a huge event....the machismo that is within him will be to much i think for him to stay disciplined for twelve rounds against a pressure fighter of the level of Katsidis.

If he wins this fight then he truly is world class. This is the sternest of tests bar Marquez at Lightweight IMO.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Whats gonna be interesting is how he deals with it mentally when kats avoids or walks through his punches for the first cpl rounds.

Its amazing how people have this a 50-50 based on him outboxing Prescott, crazy.

Or maybe i missed something
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree and it's the exact thought I've had about this fight since it was announced.

The other thought I have that tempers that worry is that ****** wouldn't make the fight if he didn't think Mitchell could do it... you just don't know, word might be out that Katsidis is in decline.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
I agree and it's the exact thought I've had about this fight since it was announced.

The other thought I have that tempers that worry is that ****** wouldn't make the fight if he didn't think Mitchell could do it... you just don't know, word might be out that Katsidis is in decline.
I wont repeat ma posts regarding Kats maybe sliding etc but ****** HAD to find a goldenboy after Khan left and its gonna be too much too soon for him.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

I don't necessarily agree.
Mitchell's got a good chin (I don't agree with the sentiment that he was one shot away from being stopped against Johanneson), and Katsidis is pretty vulnerable himself.
Earl had him doing a little dance and Amonsot ripped his face to pieces.
Katsidis get's a little bit to much credit for his valiant losing effort against a faded Casamayor.
I'm pretty confident that Mitchell will win by mid rounds TKO.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
I wont repeat ma posts regarding Kats maybe sliding etc but ****** HAD to find a goldenboy after Khan left and its gonna be too much too soon for him.
Yeah I think Katsidis will be too much for Mitchell. Mitchell is a lovely fighter with lots of talent but he likes to fight, and he's not got the KO power to do that at this level IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
I don't necessarily agree.
Mitchell's got a good chin (I don't agree with the sentiment that he was one shot away from being stopped against Johanneson)
Oh he was, he was out on his feet at one stage.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I think Mitchell might have the power to hurt Katsidis. Kat's chin isn't solid, it just appears that way when you've got a guy thats crazy aggressive. He's been hurt in all of his tough fights. Casamayor hadn't scored a KO like that in years.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Yeah i agree, But where as he fought Prescott a one dimensional b level fighter with the ring iq of a kid. He's now fighting in front of his family friends and fans in a huge event....the machismo that is within him will be to much i think for him to stay disciplined for twelve rounds against a pressure fighter of the level of Katsidis.

If he wins this fight then he truly is world class. This is the sternest of tests bar Marquez at Lightweight IMO.
agree with this. i think he will trade at times with kats but try to box most of the night
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Whats gonna be interesting is how he deals with it mentally when kats avoids or walks through his punches for the first cpl rounds.

Its amazing how people have this a 50-50 based on him outboxing Prescott, crazy.

Or maybe i missed something
Seconded. I also think Kats is being massively underrated given his record and the stylistic problems he's going to cause Mitchell. I don't know if you've seen the pics of them together, but Katsidis looks massive in comparison to Mitchell as well. I think Kats might be able to make Mitchell revert to his old bad habits after Mitchell realises that Kats won't give him a moment's rest. People said Casamayor and Escobedo would outbox Katsidis, but he found a way to be competitive through his sheer determination, will and relentless style.

Mitchell deserves massive props if he wins this fight, IMO.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Kat's chin isn't solid, it just appears that way when you've got a guy thats crazy aggressive. He's been hurt in all of his tough fights.

Though i hate to ****ing hear it
Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I and Many others had Katsidis beating Casamayor. He lost the fight to naivety. He is constantly improving and Mitchell's chin has been good at a certain level but saturday night we will see if his chin holds up to constant spiteful pressure from a world class pressure fighter.

Katsidis Boxing Skills are being under estimated as well IMO, He is improving and has shown signs that he can box enough to become a better fighter then he once was. The Earl fight IMO was a long time ago and Katsidis recovered quickly from being buzzed very hard. Great Conditioning Helped Him!

BTW I watched the Earl fight the other day and wondered does Earl have a better resume then Mitchell has going into fighting Katsidis??
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Oh he was, he was out on his feet at one stage.
I'll watch it again sometime on Saturday. He definitely touches down, but I remember thinking he had his wits about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I think Mitchell might have the power to hurt Katsidis. Kat's chin isn't solid, it just appears that way when you've got a guy thats crazy aggressive. He's been hurt in all of his tough fights. Casamayor hadn't scored a KO like that in years.
I expect Katsidis's face will be an absolute mess after the fight as per usual.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Seconded. I also think Kats is being massively underrated given his record and the stylistic problems he's going to cause Mitchell. I don't know if you've seen the pics of them together, but Katsidis looks massive in comparison to Mitchell as well. I think Kats might be able to make Mitchell revert to his old bad habits after Mitchell realises that Kats won't give him a moment's rest. People said Casamayor and Escobedo would outbox Katsidis, but he found a way to be competitive through his sheer determination, will and relentless style.

Mitchell deserves massive props if he wins this fight, IMO.

Well said, though i might bump ma Kats gets Jobbed thread, then again it could be bad luck.

Sure he can be hit but by ****, each fight he just gets even more relentless, actually quite freaky.

Aye, Mitchell looks like a boy compared to Kats.

Off topic, your avvy, UNDISPUTED ATTITUDE is farkn amazing !!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I agree, he was a whisker from getting pulled out v CJ...

Mitchell should have learned well from that contest, let's hope he boxes clever and let's Katsidis use all his energy and take him out down the stretch...
NO MAS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum