Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Mitchell Trades like he did with Johansson hes going to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Well said, though i might bump ma Kats gets Jobbed thread, then again it could be bad luck.

Sure he can be hit but by ****, each fight he just gets even more relentless, actually quite freaky.

Aye, Mitchell looks like a boy compared to Kats.

Off topic, your avvy, UNDISPUTED ATTITUDE is farkn amazing !!!!
To each his own, but I have never been a big fan of the stuff they did when Lombardo left the band; it just wasn't quite Slayer, IMO. One of my all-time fave bands, though, and Jeff and Kerry were a massive reason why I decided to start learning the guitar when I was a lad. Of all the of bands I've seen live (easily into the hundreds over the years), Slayer have to be one of the best I've ever seen due to the show they put on and fan reaction. Awesome, awesome band.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #17
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Mitchell has an okay beard and okay stamina but Katsidis has serious power and serious stamina. Mitchell would be smart to box his socks off but outslugging him would be special.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

How good is Mitchell when he has a fighter on his chest ?

Does Mitchell have the ring smarts of a Casa ?

Does he have the ferocity of a Diaz if the shit hits the fan ?

Is he a fast runner ?
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Quote:
How good is Mitchell when he has a fighter on his chest ?

Does Mitchell have the ring smarts of a Casa ?

Does he have the ferocity of a Diaz if the shit hits the fan ?

Is he a fast runner ?
give him a chance pal. we aint seen otherwise yet have we
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Diaz wobbled Katsidis many times and has powder-puff fists. Mitchell probably punches much harder.

It's three things that decide this fight:

Mitchell's movement
Katsidis' body work
Mitchell's sharp, straight punching with Katsidis' tendency to cut

This goes late, and it will be a bloody night, whoever wins.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #21
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
To each his own, but I have never been a big fan of the stuff they did when Lombardo left the band; it just wasn't quite Slayer, IMO. One of my all-time fave bands, though, and Jeff and Kerry were a massive reason why I decided to start learning the guitar when I was a lad. Of all the of bands I've seen live (easily into the hundreds over the years), Slayer have to be one of the best I've ever seen due to the show they put on and fan reaction. Awesome, awesome band.
Ayes, ma mates love them, how i heard of them but i aint massive on them, though i bought this album and **** aye, i love it.

Only album of theres i own actually

You set a healthy bar picking up a guitar after hearing Slayer
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

If Mitchell boxes clever like he did with Prescott hes going to win.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #23
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ayes, ma mates love them, how i heard of them but i aint massive on them, though i bought this album and **** aye, i love it.

Only album of theres i own actually

You set a healthy bar picking up a guitar after hearing Slayer
Well, cynics call anything from the thrash era (and a lot of the other music I like for that matter) 'guitar wanking', but it's what I enjoy and it's always fun playing infront of someone who's only ever seen someone play something painfully simple like the theme from Friends on a guitar. Horses for courses, though. No one genre of music produces better musicians than another (unless we include pop music).

Try listening to some of their earlier stuff off of Reign In Blood or Seasons in the Abyss if you haven't heard any of it as you might like it. Lombardo returned on Christ Illusion a few years ago and that album was ****ing amazing as well.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
BTW I watched the Earl fight the other day and wondered does Earl have a better resume then Mitchell has going into fighting Katsidis??
For me he does.

Vanzie x2 and Murray x2 > Johanneson and Prescott.

Then he has that great win over Romanov to top it off.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #25
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too

TBH we dont know how big a puncher Mitchell is at lightweight. He could be in for a tough fight.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #26
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Then he has that great win over Romanov to top it off.
I remember that he was very very lucky to come away with that win, even against a seriously rusty Romanov. What's happened to Romanov, btw? He was seen as serious opposition to Amir at one point.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #27
topdog88
frohaye
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 5139

just reading through your posts is getting my excitement levels pumping cant wait to see what happens fight night. plus im a neutral on who is going to win because nobody knows if mitchell has the next level needed to win this fight yet!
topdog88 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #28
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

He needs to be careful,he cant affford to take any risks here.If he fights the way he did v Prescott he should be ok.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
I and Many others had Katsidis beating Casamayor. He lost the fight to naivety. He is constantly improving and Mitchell's chin has been good at a certain level but saturday night we will see if his chin holds up to constant spiteful pressure from a world class pressure fighter.

Katsidis Boxing Skills are being under estimated as well IMO, He is improving and has shown signs that he can box enough to become a better fighter then he once was. The Earl fight IMO was a long time ago and Katsidis recovered quickly from being buzzed very hard. Great Conditioning Helped Him!

BTW I watched the Earl fight the other day and wondered does Earl have a better resume then Mitchell has going into fighting Katsidis??
Ain't seen the Romanov fight, so don't know whether it was a deserved win, but he has it so has (on paper) beaten bettercompetition.

How did Earl do it boys? Or was Romanov less experienced and classy as we have subsequently seen him (although he seems to have disappeared now, shame)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #30
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Ain't seen the Romanov fight, so don't know whether it was a deserved win, but he has it so has (on paper) beaten bettercompetition.

How did Earl do it boys? Or was Romanov less experienced and classy as we have subsequently seen him (although he seems to have disappeared now, shame)
Only got a fight report of it:

Quote:
By Wayne Bartlett: Yuri Romanov's hoodoo over the best of Britain's lightweights was finally ended this Friday night at the Goresbrook Leisure Centre in Dagenham, as British and Commonwealth champion Graham Earl systematically out punched and outworked the highly regarded Romanov over 12 rounds.

Referee Richie Davies' final scorecard read 116-114 to the Brit.

Romanov came to the fight sporting a ponytail looking uncannily like the legendary Russian Aussie Kostya Tszyu. Over the course of the fight he proved similar in style aswell as appearance, boxing with that quick countering, well schooled Eastern-European style.

That wasn't where the similarities ended. Tonight's fight had near the exact same storyline as when Tszyu was toppled by Ricky Hatton back in June of last year.

Tonight however it was Graham Earl that played the part of the non-stop punching home hero, as he continually forced the action against the dangerous counter punching, world class foreigner.

And like Hatton did to Tszyu in 2005, Earl's constant pressure was just too much for Romanov. Earl simply didn't give the Belarusian a second to breathe.

The Luton champion set a relentless pace from the opening bell and had quickly raced into a points lead as he swarmed all over Romanov, the first two rounds flying by the foreigner as he failed to start as quick as his energetic adversary.

Round three saw the Eastern-European snap the head back of the 27-year-old Brit with a jarring right hand but it didn't slow down his charge as Earl took it well.

The British and commonwealth champion continued to pour on the pressure towards and throughout the middle rounds but there were rocky moments along the way for Earl however, as the lightning quick right hand counters which had served Romanov so well in amassing a 17-1(10) record, bounced off the temple of the domestic Lightweight champion. And as the fight went on, they did with increasing regularity.

Round nine saw Earl in all sorts of trouble as in the midst of yet another cluster of solid punches from the determined Luton fighter; Romanov uncorked a wicked right hand counter that expressed its damage to everyone via Earl's instantly unsteady legs.

It had taken three quarters if the fight for the Belarusian to make a dent in his goatee bearded adversary but when he finally did and went to force the stoppage with a few solid punches, he just ran out of gas, allowing Earl to scramble his way to the sanctuary of his stool in preparation for round ten.

With questions asked as to whether sixty seconds was enough recovery time for Earl aswell as did Romanov have enough left in the tank to sustain a prolonged attack, it was Earl that replied more positively. The younger fighter of 23-years Romanov did whip in some hurtful looking shots to the body of Earl early on but the compact Englishman just kept forcing the pace throughout round eleven.

Earl appeared to have the edge on the referee's scorecard going into round 12 but the Luton hope took no chances as he continued his constant pressure.

There was no doubt that Romanov had produced the more eye catching and accurate punching throughout the 12 rounds but it was the superb work rate of the domestic champion that took the decision as Referee Ritchie Davies lifted Earl's arm aloft at the final bell.

Graham Earl has had his share of criticism. Two disputed decision wins over former British & Commonwealth champ Bobby Vanzie and a shock loss to the unheralded rookie Ricky Burns last February putting it down to lack of motivation, it is fair to say the Burns loss claim has credibility after this Romanov performance.

In the interview post-fight Earl stated "When it matters, Graham Earl does deliver"

Tonight was Graham Earl at his best as he overcame a challenger who hadn't before lost on British soil, previously smashing up top domestic fighters in Bobby Vanzie and Steve Murray, not to mention the Belarusian being ranked number 6 in the world by the WBC. There are easier routes to the top.
kosaros is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum